Published: 2014/07/24

Deer Tick Member Kicked Off of Flight En Route to Newport Folk Festival

An unnamed member of Deer Tick was kicked off his U.S. Airways flight today when he tried to bring his guitar on board. The Providence Journal is reporting that the band member was en route to the Newport Folk Festival scheduled for this weekend in Newport, RI. The airline has since refunded the fare and the band member reached the site via train.

Newport Folk Festival kicks off tomorrow at Fort Adams State Park and will feature performances from Ryan Adams, Jack White, Jeff Tweedy, Mavis Staples and more. Deer Tick will also host several after parties over the course of the weekend.

Comments

Pootie Tang July 24, 2014, 15:40:18

Yup. Uh, yeah….after looking at these guys, it’s not really too far a putt to imagine one of them getting thrown off a plane. Wonder if the ol’ standbys drugs and / or alcohol palyed a supporting role in this melodrama. Watch out boys, too much firewater and a few pharmaceuticals and the next thing ya know, you’re sharing a cell with Buttfuckles Mc Twatt. If there was ever a cautionary tale, this would be it. Stop before it’s too late!

Pootie Tang July 24, 2014, 15:40:18

Tang Pootie July 24, 2014, 15:44:34

^ you’re an idiot Pootie Tang

Doug S. July 24, 2014, 15:48:37

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life.

Geoff July 24, 2014, 16:20:04

Pootie Tang, it’s shame that you used the name of such a great comedic and intelligent movie because your comments reflect none of that. Judging a band by a “look” at them is something a child is told not to do with books. Assuming that drugs and alcohol played a part in not being able to get on a plane is also ridiculous. Do you also assume this about people dressed in suits, or children, or elderly. Do you assume every brown skinned individual getting on a plane is a terrorist. Good luck the next time you have problems boarding a plane. Maybe you’ll get the full cavity search.. Hope you enjoy the feel of latex gloves.. you might want a drink or some drugs yourself to make it through that.

Obvious July 24, 2014, 16:32:29

Pootie Tang = DJ Damage. The McTwat gives it away.

Ryan July 24, 2014, 16:47:22

In Sir Pootie’s defense, the Deer Tick boys do have a bit of a reputation as beer swillers and hell raisers.

DJ Damage July 24, 2014, 16:47:31

Nope…not this time….looks like I’ve been hijacked….I’ve retired.

KB July 24, 2014, 16:51:26

Pootie, you are a douche. Nice way to infer a lot of things regarding something you know nothing about.

me July 24, 2014, 17:11:08

I don’t know Deer Tick but I do know the horror stories of musician’s gear treatment on flights… maybe the guy wanted to be sure his made it to what is likely one of the most important gigs these guys have played to date… Google “airline destroys instrument” and you will be reading stories of destroyed musical gear for quite a while… and the musicians often get screwed but even when they are reimbursed, they still don’t have the gear for the show they are headed to and I have to imagine that has a pretty negative effect on the person while performing on a substitute instrument that evening… Newport Jazz Fest show would not be the place to take that chance…

Pootie=DJ Damage=Dave the Slave, move on July 24, 2014, 17:33:00

Its no secret in the tech world to figure out smurfs/alts. Dave the Slave = DJ Damage = Pootie Tang Basically, if you see a thoughtless comment rooted in stupidity, then its that guy. BTW, Dave the Slave is a piss-lot-kid who holds up his 1 finger at Panic Shows hoping for a miracle from his confederate loving brothers.

DJ Damage July 24, 2014, 17:41:35

Dave (the slave)...care to weigh in on this? Sorry folks, you can’t blame this one on me. I’m tired of the derision and backlash that comes with having a little fun here now and again. Death threats? Bodily harm? You can have it friends, it’ll be a cold day in hell when I choose to share my humor on this board again…

captrips72 July 25, 2014, 07:10:07

The look like they watched fear and loathing a few too many times.

Danny July 25, 2014, 09:28:14

I find DJ Damage’s posts to be pretty funny at times. I saw Weir a couple of years back with Robinson and Greene and would agree that he’s a mess.

Kramer July 25, 2014, 15:12:29

I think all u guys r the same douche bag. And if u don’t know deer tick ur an idiot.

me July 25, 2014, 16:24:20

Geez… Kramer… sorry, bro… sometimes life gets in the way. Peace, me…

MarZaPhiGar July 26, 2014, 11:20:44

The guitar has been drinking, not me.

Dave the Slave July 27, 2014, 21:49:48

It wasn’t me. No Phish content.