Published: 2014/07/28

TourGigs to Webcast Phil Lesh & the Terrapin Family Band From Brooklyn Bowl London

Phil Lesh & the Terrapin Family Band’s upcoming two-night run at the newly opened Brooklyn Bowl London will be offered as a webcast via TourGigs. Lesh’s first London shows in more than 20 years will be streamed live and then rebroadcasted at 8 PM ET on both nights. The band will play on July 29 and 30.

Joining Lesh as a part of the Terrapin Family Band will be sons Brian and Grahame, Ross James, Scott Padden and Alex Koford. The shows will begin at 3 PM ET. The live stream ticket costs $15 per night or $25 for the two-night bundle.

Comments

I don't think so July 28, 2014, 18:01:52

Brian Lesh is not part of the line-up for the Brooklyn Bowl London shows.

Joshua Katt July 28, 2014, 19:40:58

As much as I love Phil & Furthur, this has really gotten out of hand. I hope this stupid deal doesn’t burn him out for 2015. Doesn’t he need to play something like 20 more shows at the Capitol by year end?

ronnie July 28, 2014, 20:14:02

Phil won’t get burned out. there is almost a half a year left. All is good from diego to the Bay.

PM July 28, 2014, 22:47:16

he’s charging for that?, cheap F.

phillyCa$h July 29, 2014, 00:38:01

Its not like a musician like Phil challenges himself with his sons basement band. He basically is on vacation covering costs figuring out how he can sign more long term venue deals and insert lesser musicians for higher margins for £esh Inc. Who would pay to see the phamily band? Its encouraging a watering down, FURTHUR, the Grateful Dead legacy and making it seem like a birth rate to profit off the tunes. Ditch these bogus money transfer dynasty schemes and go practice with Warren and Jimmy so you sound good this time around in September, Boy.

Hook Up July 29, 2014, 00:43:43

I am a doctor at a pharmaceutical conference in Dublin coming down for the shows. I am looking to procure some powder and lsd. If you are cool and coming to the shows post your number here and we will unload all we got on the Lesh band.

WestLAMeltAway July 29, 2014, 01:02:34

This is not that kind of show Doctor. This isn’t the Dead or like any band we have ever seen from this guy before. This is like a live music lesson using the Garcia Weir songs as the quiz. They aren’t all straight A shows to be kind. I would have a drink and hope for the best, which may be at show end.

Mr Stamford July 29, 2014, 08:01:53

Peeps are hammering Phil for playing w his boys at a cheaper price then normal Phil and Friend shows..did both those boat cruises in nyc and they were a blast..watering down of the GD.. differnt stokes I guess..sure the TFB is not in the same league as the Q thus the cheaper tickets..Phil has earned the right to play with anybody he wants…what musician wouldnt want to play with their kids in Japan and England at 73 after a liver transplant and cancer…as far as the stream goes, where is the hate for Tourgigs if 15 is too much..

Ben July 29, 2014, 10:07:31

It’s a long shot but I have a ticket going spare for tonight if antone is interested? (Tuesday 29)

sean July 29, 2014, 19:43:36

just came from the show…W.O.W…live the dead

Tristan July 29, 2014, 20:11:07

I just saw tonight’s show. They played a great version of jack a roe and some other cool and weird stuff. But… the sound mix wasn’t so great. It sounded muddy. I’ve heard clearer mixes on youtube. I hope they get the mix clearer for tomorrrow! :)

Peder July 29, 2014, 21:24:41

Just came from show and from what I experienced, we were insanely blessed. A few mixing issues but who gives a shit. Phil and the whole band were smoking and we loved every minute of it. Jack a Roe was really something special. I can’t get my head around people criticising any of this. For those of us not living in Northern California and having access to these guys on a regular basis, it was really special. Because from where I was standing they were all top notch.

James July 29, 2014, 21:55:17

rebroadcasted?

Mike July 30, 2014, 02:57:09

Great gig and some good rocking music. I can imagine how expensive these tours are to lay on but AFAIK this is the first major Dead band to come to the UK for decades… more please! DSO, Ratdog or Furthur perhaps? The venue was great but £5.60 a pint of bitter is a bit steep even for London…

Sorry Mike July 30, 2014, 03:29:08

If you call a band just with Phil in it a major act you must not have realized he was playing with novice musicians and his kid/ kids. Amen for keeping the spirit alive, but an ocean away those would have been the least true categorization of a band of all time, that being this Family Trust Band being a major dead band. If Dark Star Orchestra comes to a bar in the UK that would be a much more major event that Phils Family Vacation on the phans. Without Phil these musicians would be a Tuesday night session band in any big city in America playing for a burger a beer and a handshake.

mike July 30, 2014, 04:47:20

...isn’t that how the Warlocks started out? I have a bootleg of a recording in LA May 3, 1965 which was 2 days before they became the Grateful Dead. (I believe the vinyl was pressed around 1980). It may not have been a perfect gig but it was better than nothing at all! I’d love to see the DSO in the UK – Grateful Dead were (and are) still a popular group over here.

Rick C July 30, 2014, 08:21:45

Great gig last night…. not the dead but hey there’s a big enough archive out there for us all! It’s good to see the ol’ timer still bangin out the tunes in, all be it, a new guise and very enjoyable too.

mike July 30, 2014, 08:30:05

my sentences appear a bit out of sync above but I think you can see what I’m getting at. The last two sentences were intended to be separate but the type-setting bunches it all up!

Are you kidding July 30, 2014, 10:56:38

Mike you just compared the Phamily band to the Warlocks. My god, help us all.