Published: 2014/08/11

Gregg Allman, Warren Haynes, Charlie Daniels, Peter Frampton and More to Pay Tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd

“One More for the Fans!- Celebrating the Songs & Music of Lynyrd Skynyrd” will take place November 12 at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, GA. Featured in the tribute show will be the likes of Gregg Allman, Trace Adkins, Alabama, Warren Haynes, Charlie Daniels, Peter Frampton, Jason Isbell, Jamey Johnson, Aaron Lewis, moe., Gov’t Mule, Robert Randolph, Blackberry Smoke, Cheap Trick, Donnie Van Zant and more. The guests of honor, Lynyrd Skynyrd, will also perform.

The house band on the night will be led by Don Was, who will serve as music director for the evening. Tickets to the show will go on sale to the general public at 10 AM on Monday August 18 via the Fox Theatre website.

Comments

Harry Palmer August 11, 2014, 17:49:39

Gregg is staying in shape for the 6 final ABB shows in October at The Beacon.

Tomg August 11, 2014, 13:59:28

“in Birmingham they love the governor” BecauseGeorge Wallace was such a quality human being. Redneck assholes,who should we honor next the honorable Ku Klux Klan.

lenny August 11, 2014, 14:12:03

Maybe next time we will honor your mom, asshole!

Lisa S August 11, 2014, 14:34:44

The band & music being honored is not really the one pictured above this article. I doubt a song by that exact group of people will be played. I suspect it will be all 1973-1977 music. And people clearly missed the words “boo, boo, boo” if they think Skynyrd was honoring George Wallace

DBT August 11, 2014, 14:43:02

The Drive-By Truckers should really be on this bill. Just sayin’.

NKP August 11, 2014, 15:02:16

moe.? Really??

brent mydland August 11, 2014, 15:42:58

Drive by truckers should definitely be on bill

Blooby August 11, 2014, 16:32:44

@NKP, I was wondering the same thing. Not a Skynyrd fanatic (Skynhead?) by any means, but I bet this will be a fun evening.

Wild bill August 11, 2014, 18:50:32

Tomg obviously doesn’t have a clue about that song and it’s meaning. Isn’t Jason Isbell part of drive-by truckers???? And I know I for one am thinking of driving or flying in for this show. Some awesome musicians paying tribute to a great band.

Marty August 11, 2014, 19:47:20

Buying plane tickets now before tickets go I sale. I am going by myself. This will be a night for the ages.

Jeneil August 11, 2014, 20:31:18

I first saw skynyrd open for the who in NYC in 1974. This new lineup is a tribute band, but I’m glad they’re making a good living. Warren will steal the show.

Greg Mulehead August 11, 2014, 23:24:21

Lot of douchebag comments on here. This looks fantastic I love living neat Atlanta hope I can get tix it will be hard. Shows like this and the Gregg Allman show at Fox make i a special city. Skynryd made great albums before the plane crash fuk anybody who disagrees. Can’t wait for Mule in Athens next week.

Greg Mulehead August 11, 2014, 23:24:22

PM August 12, 2014, 10:27:55

Skynyrd was great, should not be called Lynyrd Skynyrd anymore. will Artimus Pyle be there at least? or will Rossington be an a hole and not allow him

neemo August 15, 2014, 23:00:13

I didn’t see skynyrd with the who but I did see them with your sister. Skynyrds latest band is as good as ever.

Jeneil August 17, 2014, 17:40:27

Here’s the deal you redneck nation: current lineup is a kick ass tribute band, but nothing more. There has been no meaningful new compositions from the skynrd camp in 37 years – you need know nothing more. So, as to the 11/12/14 show don’t be mistaken, it is a show honoring the band from 37 years ago, but in particular we honor Ronnie. For those of you that don’t get this shit, yer a lost redneck. I just hope the tribute band is awesome as they close the show cuz Warren and John Hiatt are gonna burn the place down. Mark my words silly Rednecks.