Published: 2014/08/22

Rich Robinson Drops Out of moe.down

moe.down announced today that Rich Robinson Band will not perform at the festival this year. In turn, Lotus will play an additional set on Friday, August 29.

The fifteenth edition of moe.down kicks off August 29 and features sets from the hosts, moe., as well as Gogol Bordello, O.A.R., Lotus, Soulive, Les Claypool’s Duo de Twang and more.

Comments

RST August 22, 2014, 10:59:49

Total upgrade imho. Lotus should maybe dip a tad into the Talking Heads material they learned for that Connecticut festival thing’y.

^Trurh August 22, 2014, 11:05:54

If I wasn’t gonna be Catskill chillin the weekend after. This announcement would of locked me in

Kramer August 22, 2014, 11:09:08

I agree. No problem. Thx for not trying. Saw him recently and it was awful. No connection to the audience at all. Like he didn’t even wanna be on stage. Like somebody made him do it. Even more depressing than Isbell n the super drunk years.
Real shame. Was really looking forward to it.

Peachhead August 22, 2014, 13:43:38

I saw him in Denver and it was a decent show. This is a bummer because that means no Neal Casal to sit in with moe

Pine Trees August 22, 2014, 14:56:28

Pretty sure Neal Casal plays with CRB – wrong black crow brother ? CRB is bad ass tho!!!

kevin p. August 22, 2014, 16:33:56

CRB rock!

jillies August 22, 2014, 19:19:00

Rich Robinson obviously figured out how much Moedown sucks.

KB August 24, 2014, 13:47:54

I saw him in the parking lot at the PourHouse in Charleston chain smoking cigarettes for what appeared to be an hour. He walked by me and I said howdy to him and he avoided eye contact, didn’t say a word, and walked right past me. #startrip

Jim August 24, 2014, 15:58:47

I enjoyed his show at the Pourhouse in Charleston. His keyboard player was quite good.

15 for 15 August 25, 2014, 12:15:50

Moe.down doesn’t suck. In fact, it’s a great festival. This year will be better than most, and if you don’t know, now you know captain obvious…....

sam August 25, 2014, 15:36:40

I opened for Rich a few years back. We weren’t allowed to bring electric guitars, as his manager told us,“Rich doesn’t want the opener to rock harder than he does.”