Published: 2014/08/27

Help Leftover Salmon Webcast Nashville Show Featuring John Bell, Jeff Coffin, Bruce Hampton and More

Leftover Salmon will assemble an all-star cast on September 15 at The Ryman Auditorium in Nashville to celebrate 15 years of The Nashville Sessions. Among the musicians slated to join the band are John Bell, Sam Bush, Taj Mahal, Bill Payne, Jeff Coffin, Elizabet Cook, Col. Bruce Hampton and many more. Many of the musicians announced joined the group fifteen years ago to help record the album they intend on celebrating.

The band is asking fans to help raise money to webcast the evening, with several special packages available for purchase. Among them include signed CDs and posters, limited edition show photograph by Jay Blakesberg and a meet and greet with the band at the show, among many others.

For all the information, visit the PledgeMusic site set up for the event.

Comments

Bill August 27, 2014, 16:52:47

This is kinda bullshit. You’re telling me this group of musicians can’t come up with the money themselves?

Pine Trees August 27, 2014, 17:13:12

I disagree These guys are by no means rich and need to pay bills just like everyone else…also there are some cool options for donating. 10 bucks and you get a download of a great show….and I think this would be amazing to see and I live east coast so this works for me-

me August 27, 2014, 18:04:41

I’m confused… if it happens, will the webcast be free or are they asking for the donations and then you still have to pay for the webcast? I don’t see “free” anywhere and I don’t see what the cost would be if the is one? I’m not a big fan of the begging sites but if I would be willing to pay for a webcast… if I could watch for, say, $20-$25 then I’d be in, even if it meant money up front cause I think the show will be well worth it… so, either I missed it somewhere, or they should clarify

Say What? August 27, 2014, 18:31:45

They can cover these costs by selling not to many webcasts given John Bell is playing and Panic fans will tune in. This is inappropriate business, and this is not buy a musician a camera day. Leftover is playing to pretty full venues and will surely make decent money with KW in Chicago for NYE, so why won’t one of the musicians take his profits from that night and pay for this (more like a loan if you sell it hippyMBAs)? Fans aren’t this stupid. Wait…..

derpa August 27, 2014, 21:09:50

I’ve tried to see the upside of sites like kickstarter and pledgemusic and it totally makes sense for newcomers and unheard of musicians. I can get behind those folks, and sometimes do donate. But I can’t for the life of me understand why established musicians have to stoop to this. Yes, they have bills to pay just like we all do, but I guarantee you that nearly everybody they listed makes way more money than you and I in a year. You’re insane if you don’t think that guys like John Bell, Jeff Coffin, Sam Bush, and Vince Herman don’t make decent coin at this stage in their careers. I’m sure there were many lean years for them starting out, but that was at least 10-20 years ago for most of these guys. I have some friends in the music industry (nobody important) who’ve worked on the business side of things, and you’d be surprised how much some of these dudes get paid for a festival appearance or an NYE show.

Pine Trees August 28, 2014, 09:58:21

I agree its a bit confusing as to what the end result is- but I don’t think the Leftover guys killed it with money-I’m sure they have been more lately- and as to why wont one of the musicians take his profits and pay for this…that seems like an obvious answer…I think this situation is no worse than the only way you can see Phil and friends is if you go to a venue owned by the same dude…the music industry changes- ways to make money changes- I just am happy I can see live music relatively easy still and my favorite bands still tour—

Don't like, don't buy August 28, 2014, 12:13:55

Leftover Salmon plays in the tiniest of locations, allows for the most awesome of interactions with the band and usually keeps the cost of a ticket very low, compared to most acts on the road. Part of this said that they are reaching out to the fans to make this happen, if you are not a fan of the band or the promotion, just keep on truckin…and keep your negative opinions to yourself as you do.

Noonespecial August 28, 2014, 16:40:19

The ryman has very high rates to shoot a DVD or video at their venue, I imagine even just streaming it is a pretty large bill as well. Most venues have a fee to record video in their venue but the ryman a rate is very very high.

jamesdinct August 28, 2014, 18:54:09

This is one of my favorite albums of all time. I would love to be there to see it. Webcasts are not my bag but good luck to the guys with everything. Thanks for making amazing music!