Published: 2011/03/21

Bob Weir’s Tamalpais Research Institute

In the current issue of Relix, Bob Weir explains that is in the final stages of completing a new performance studio. That studio, the Tamalpais Research Institute, is designed for “broadcasting live HD video and audio streams directly to the Internet.” Fans can a look at what may be in store over the coming months, as Weir himself appears at the TRI Studios site to offer an introduction. As images on the site also indicate he has been rehearsing with the Marin Symphony Orchestra at the facility.

As for the future of TRI, he tells Relix, “One of the shows I want to do there is RatDog. I want to get all or at least most of the guys who are still alive who played with RatDog and do a retrospective. In so doing we’ll probably make a DVD and a record. I’ve got unfinished business with that outfit.”

Comments

Geriatric Bat March 22, 2011, 11:40:11

Why’d you go to 127 Ratdog shows if it was boring and slow?

Haters Unite March 21, 2011, 19:40:45

RatDog is NOT a band to support or see. Worst of the worst. I like the dude who wants to be Bob’s manager. And, while he is at it get an “Ace” show going, a Midnights show going and all the good old stuff. RatDog can become history. I could manage Bob too – if he would listen to anyone.

Nathan March 21, 2011, 22:57:08

Ace would be EPIC, or a Bobby and the Midnights show. Building on my previous idea, involve Mickey as percussionist with Furthur. Or atleast A percussionist. Lose the backup singers in Furthur also. Ratdog is sub par

Nathan March 21, 2011, 14:54:52

I’ve got an idea Bob, instead of Ratdog, get the still living members of the GD that you don’t play with anymore and do something with Furthur. Donna Jean, Bruce Hornsby, Tom Constantin, and Robert Hunter. Also, let me be your manager so I can give you these ideas all the time

JJ March 21, 2011, 15:10:51

I miss RatDog…

Kevin March 21, 2011, 15:40:15

wow….......what an amazing idea Bobby….cant wait to hear/see what gonna come outta that room!

jedi69 March 21, 2011, 17:42:13

Please bobby no more ratdog ,it got ran to the ground,way to slow,bobby you were allways the rocker in the gd,and I’ve seen ratdog around 127 times and the very first show,very slow and boring shows..keep it with furthur if you are smart,that is what true deadheads really want!!!!!!!!! And I’ve polled people on this as well…...furthur baby furthur…...