Published: 2011/04/04

Yonder Returns to Red Rocks with Railroad Earth and The Infamous Stringdusters

Yonder Mountain String Band will headline Morrison, CO’s Red Rocks Amphitheatre on Saturday, August 20. Railroad Earth and The Infamous Stringdusters will open the night. As of press time, this show is the band’s only August date. Pre-sale tickets will be available at 10 AM MST on Friday, April 8. Tickets go on sale to the general public at 10 AM MST on Saturday, April 9.

Comments

luke April 5, 2011, 10:03:50

Railroad earth is adult contemporary. They barely play bluegrass anymore. I still love ‘em, but they are strayed far from bluegrass.

luke April 5, 2011, 10:02:33

Railroad earth is officially adult contemporary. They don’t even play bluegrass anymore.

Tom April 4, 2011, 17:37:05

Railroad Earth should be headlining and YMSB opening

joey April 4, 2011, 21:29:40

I can not believe Yonder is the head liner over Railroad Earth!!!

joey April 4, 2011, 21:30:54

I AGREE 100%

dan April 4, 2011, 23:09:42

Railroad should def be headling! theyre wayy better than ymsb by far chances they throw a date in before or after at a small venue round there????

Adam April 5, 2011, 12:15:10

What the @&$? Are u @&$?!es babblin about ? Railroad to headline redrocks? Adult contemporary? Y’all need to get yer heads checked

Sam April 5, 2011, 12:40:37

YMSB is a CO band and has sold out or come close to selling out Red Rocks since they have been headlining at the venue (for the past 2-3yrs). People are entitled to their opinions but YMSB needs no other bands to make this a spectular event.

sean April 6, 2011, 12:29:05

sam ur a right red rocks is yonders home railroads from new jersey but together i think the crowds gunna lose there minds.

JS April 7, 2011, 16:33:48

What an awesome lineup. I love RRE but no way they headline Red Rocks over Yonder. Colorado is Yonder’s home turf. Their annual Red Rocks show has become a pretty special event for those of us fortunate to live in Colorado and for Kinfolk everywhere to join. Last year we got Leftover Salmon and Split Lip Rayfiled added to the party, this year it’s RRE and the Stringdusters.

Brett June 12, 2011, 14:20:07

Yonder and RRE should open for The Stringdusters! YMSB and RRE may be more popular with the jam, hippie sceene, but can’t compare with the musicianship that the dusters present. Don’t get me wrong, I love all three bands, but remember that YMSB and RRE all use bluegrass instruments and don’t necesseraliy call themselves a bluegrass band at all. Anyone thats only heard jeff austin play mandolin, will surely freak out when jesse cobb gets up there, as far as muscianship goes, there’s no comparrison

Brandon August 7, 2011, 09:41:59

Regardless of what you all think this is going to be a great show for anyone to attend. This will be my first concert at red rocks. If it werent for YMSB I probably would have ever been exposed to RRE or the string dusters. Im super stoked! I saw all 3 bands plus many more great ones at Yonders Harvest Music Festival last year. I guess what I’m getting at is that I love Yonder because they were my first but they all have amazing talent.