Published: 2011/07/25

Fresh Feist

Feist will release her first album since the 2007 breakthrough The Reminder this fall. The Canadian indie rock singer will release Metals via Cherrytree/Interscope on October 4. The album was recorded in Big Sur, CA and co-produced by Feist and her longtime collaborators Chilly Gonzales and Mocky, as well as newcomer Valgeir Sigurðsson (Bjork, Bonnie “Prince” Billy). A statement from Feist’s camp says, “The album will be teased with 12 unique vignettes, each hinting at a different element of this stunningly beautiful, sublime record.” Feist will likely tour heavily extensively behind the album.

Comments

Befuddled July 25, 2011, 20:24:26

Feist? Really? You’re covering Feist now? Just when I can’t think your coverage can’t sink any lower…Seriously, what on earth makes you guys think any of your readers will care about his???

Jambands.com July 25, 2011, 21:27:24

We’ve been covering Feist was quite a while—-since she was the New Deal’s vocalist actually. We’ve found that readers are interested in coverage of some music outside the traditional jamband scene—in addition to—bands in the scene (not isntead of)

Bill Billiams July 25, 2011, 22:00:38

Who here has scene a live Feist show? Amazing! A live projectionist and all. Watch “Look at What the Light Did Now” documentary. Thanks for covering this!

40acres July 25, 2011, 22:29:16

Jambands…don’t justify yourself to narrow minded fools like befuddled…we all know they are the custies at the shows anyway.

Brian July 25, 2011, 22:32:02

Feist is pretty good. she was with broken social scene (who do jam a bit) and she has a great voice.

Befuddled July 26, 2011, 01:04:32

While I had no idea Feist had played with New Deal — a band I never saw, and have barely heard of — that song “1-2-3-4” alone makes her suck. And yes, that’s right, I’m a “custie”. Of course you have to explain what that means because I’m over the age 25 and have no idea what your Wookie-speak means (though I do know what a “Wookie” is). And forgive me for being “narrow-minded” but as the years roll by, and I see groups like Beastie Boys on the cover of Relix and featured here at “jambands”.com, I guess I am still laboring under the impression not every group that puts out a CD was a “jamband.” And on a sidenote, I am amazed at how quickly an editor came to the rescue and responded to my criticism. Too bad they aren’t that hypervigilant in their copyediting…

the wall July 26, 2011, 09:51:18

If you don’t like it you don’t have to read it. I listen to jam bands and I also like Feist, who is a great musician by any account. Thanks jambands.com for letting us know about her upcoming album.