Published: 2011/09/16

Bob Weir, Karl Denson and Tommy Chong with Slightly Stoopid: Free Webcast Encore on Saturday

This past Tuesday, Slightly Stoopid performed a webcast at Bob Weir’s TRI Studios, offering both an acoustic and an electric set. Weir himself joined in for a few songs, including “I Know You Rider,” “Baby I Like it” and “Oceans.” Karl Denson was featured on “Closer to the Sun,” Ivan and Ian Neville appeared on “Cissy Strut,” and Don Carlos (Black Uhuru) joined in for such selections as “Wiseman,” “Hog and Goat,” “Lazer Beam” and “Holiday.” The evening also saw Tommy Chong host a fan Q&A between sets. All of this will be made available to folks for free on Saturday night starting at 6 PM PDT on the TRI Studios website, where the webcast will air on a loop, re-starting every three hours.

Comments

Marisa September 17, 2011, 14:02:11

This was an insane night of music, I watched it live. Tommy Chong was hilarious!!!! Slightly Stoopid is by far the sickest band around

jp September 17, 2011, 14:22:31

Slightly SToopid in the studio w members of the grateful dead and cheech and chong!! I KNOW YOU RIDER!!! and 2 other jams w Bob Weir Denson, Ian and Ivan Neville on the entire set…... Don mutha fuckin CARLOS!! One of the best sets and shows ive seen and the quality is unbelieveable!! I’m W/ Stoopid!!!!!

Mark September 17, 2011, 14:47:06

Amazing version of Closer To The Sun. I tried to watch the broadcast, but they had tech difficulties and I could not get in. Can’t wait to watch it this weekend, the clips I have seen are great!

joe September 19, 2011, 02:22:25

i watched the closer to the sun video, and i think they suck. its so fashionable to smoke pot and wear rasta gear nowadays, grow up and be yourselfs you sheep trend followering suger hippys

fred September 19, 2011, 08:25:02

slightly stoopid can throw down. Joe sounds like a retard who still has a issues with spelling even at his age….. I know, I know its sad, joe sounds very stoopid. was prob beat one too many times in the head with the fuck stick. peace mongoloid.

nivedita September 20, 2011, 02:16:00

Computer Based Audio Conferencing Review from ConferBlogs.Wordpress.Com. A comprehensive 7 series blog story based on the report from Wainhouse Research.