Published: 2011/12/06

Gov’t Mule Leaks NYE Plans on Facebook

Like many big events in 2011, Gov’t Mule has confirmed the theme for its annual New Year’s Eve show via Facebook. A post from the band reads, “Come celebrate New Years Eve with Gov’t Mule for Mad Mules & Englishmen at The Beacon Theatre.” While the exact nature of the show is unknown, we can only assume that the band will perform music from Joe Cocker’s Mad Dogs & Englishmen. Fittingly, Cocker recorded the album at New York’s Fillmore East in the spring of 1970. Gov’t Mule will return to the stage after almost a year off—sans the occasional festival appearance—for a set at Christmas Jam this weekend.

Comments

TJ December 6, 2011, 18:13:16

Joe Cocker’s album was titled Mad Dogs & Englishmen, not Mad Mules. Mules would be Gov’t Mule’s play on words for the event. Are you guys hiring? Because you don’t proofread or fact check anything your writers post. I guarantee I can do a better job! This website and Jambase are a disgrace to music. It took more than 12 hours to post the death of Hubert Sumlin!

HeelBuoy December 6, 2011, 18:27:55

TJ? You’re not too bright, are you? Gov’t Mule’s NYE performance is called MAD MULES & ENGLISHMEN. Seems you’re the one who needs to do the proofreading, Brainiac.

Befuddled December 6, 2011, 18:39:59

TJ’s post nothwithstanding, Mule didn’t “leak” this news, they’ve made it perfectly clear in e-mails as well as web postings. The word “leak” is misleading, but this isn’t the first time I’ve been sucked in by an incorrect headline here…

OccupyJamBands.com December 6, 2011, 19:02:32

Stef announced this on her radio show a couple weeks back.

Befuddled December 6, 2011, 19:12:22

^^^^...you mean she “leaked it” a couple of weeks ago…lol.

Ken December 6, 2011, 19:21:44

I was at the Fillmore East when the original was performed. Mule should tear up whatever part they play. On another note, TJ is in serious need of a life. Anybody help him out….?????

treetop December 6, 2011, 19:58:40

loltj

dan scott December 6, 2011, 21:54:58

TJ the record tile is correct in this post, wow ur a moron, correcting things that are not wrong in the first place, Mad Dogs and Englishmen, clear as day. Bring on the Mule, I’ll be “Peakin at the Beacon” once again

TJsagenda December 6, 2011, 21:58:05

Why gee “TJ,” do you have another website you might recommend ;) Jason Blair

JDSept December 7, 2011, 07:21:33

Me thinks that The Mule’s play on the title words was beyond the scope of some peoples ability to catch. The complaints as to this web site is beyond my scope. My, my, 12 hours to post the death of somebody? Is there a reason you needed to be called personally on it TJ? If posted seconds afterwards, Mr Herbert would still be gone. Don’t like, don’t read. Why read something you think is a disgrace? Good site, keep up the good work.

MC December 7, 2011, 07:54:02

why can’t we all just get along?

Jeff Larsen December 7, 2011, 08:35:04

I agree. TJ- go to another site because I’m tired of reading bullshit post that people like you read. Go away and dont come back. This is an awesome site loser….....

Jeff Larsen December 7, 2011, 09:01:48

meant to say write- in the above post…..haha . proofread that TJ

Chucky cheese string December 7, 2011, 10:02:43

Do you think Warren will come in through the bathroom window?

Over Reaction December 7, 2011, 10:27:13

I am pretty sure that when this article was posted they claimed that Joe Cocker’s album was “Mad Mules and the Englishmen.” If you read TJ’s [ost you would see that he correctly refereneced Mule’s play on words and he pointed out that they refreced the title of Joe Cockers album incorrectly.
You are all wrong and ingnorant for calling TJ out, when he was just pointing out the obvious. That being said, this isn’t CNN. Would you like aroundthe clock coverage on Mr. Summerlin’s death?

railhead December 7, 2011, 11:35:56

I personally asked Don Preston from F Zappa band and told me that he was not the Don Preston of the Englishmen s. Fact tip of the day, things you can find out when you sneak backstage.

TJ December 7, 2011, 12:15:32

lol…
Overreaction – His name is Hubert Sumlin.

UltimatelywhogivesaF#cK December 7, 2011, 12:27:25

It ALL comes back to ZAPPA!

Woff December 7, 2011, 20:59:41

Chucky cheese string – I hope it is a bloody big window :-) I might add, this sounds like it will be awesome – I am a huge fan of the original.

BAM December 7, 2011, 22:29:28

Maybe you are all wrong and it is “Mad Dogs and Englishmen” is a song written by Noël Coward and first performed in The Third Little Show at the Music Box Theatre, New York, on 1 June 1931, by Beatrice Lillie. The following year it was used in the revue Words and Music and also released in a “studio version”. It then became a signature feature in Coward’s cabaret act. Either way this will be the 7th year for me…Bring back Angel Orensanz shows on the 28th adnn 29th so I can see that rather then PHISH Can;t wait for Ashenville this weekend

3string george December 8, 2011, 08:15:00

you guys ever think that jambands may have read TJ’s post and corrected themselves? not sure if this happened or not this time, but it has in the past. TJ may be all of names that you all called him, and/or he may have been right at his time of posting.

DJ Johnson December 8, 2011, 13:38:52

Hubert Sumlin died? Damn. Oh well, a long life long lived.

GLenn December 24, 2011, 02:07:00

Oh poor TJ bad way to lead off. I guess you’ve never even been to a mule experience. Blog about beiber or something else please.

GLenn December 24, 2011, 02:07:01

Tony December 27, 2011, 15:34:17

Joe Cocker “Mad Dogs & Englishmen”, was one of the greatest live rock albums ever. Wonder if the Mules can come close to doing it justice?