Published: 2011/12/07

Rock Hall Inductees: Beastie Boys, The Small Faces/Faces, Guns N’ Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Donovan, Laura Nyro

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has confirmed its next round of inductees. Those performers slated to be honored in Cleveland on April 14 (where the event will move from NYC’s Waldorf-Astoria) include: Beastie Boys, Guns N’ Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Donovan and the late Laura Nyro. The list also includes the Small Faces and well as the band’s later incarnation as The Faces. The Small Faces featured Steve Marriott, Ronnie Lane, Kenney Jones (who later joined The Who after Keith Moon passed away), Jimmy Winston and Ian McLagan (who appears on the new Warren Haynes Band album) and the group’s later incarnation included future Rolling Stones guitarist Ron Wood along with Rod Stewart.

The Relix January 2008 cover story on the Beasties, can be found here in its entirety.

Comments

Chucky cheese string December 7, 2011, 10:30:58

The Faces…...NICE!!!!

Bout Time December 7, 2011, 10:35:42

Chili Peppers finally got the vote! They lost out last time to bs bands, and this time people showed a little respect. Bout time! Guns and Roses obviously deserves some validation for their past work, but I still hate hearing anything about them. It will be interesting to see Slash and Axel on satge together, unfortunatly with Axel out of his mind and out of shape…I have 0 interest in a one off concert. Bout time the faces gotta a little recognition as well!

dankerator December 7, 2011, 11:26:09

RnR hall of fame !! Still clueless after all these years!!! Chili peppers, beasties and gnr should have to wail at least another 10 years before entering!!! What about bands like rush, kiss, UFO, Bands who have sold more records and paved the way for all of these inducteees etc. I’m sure if u asked the bands they prob can’t believe they got voted in!!! Faces they r worthy!!! Act. the faces should have been voted in instead of when rod stewart got voted in what ever year that was!! But i’m sure it all has to do with $$$$ !!!

dankerator December 7, 2011, 11:28:15

IT SHOULD BE THE RNR HALL OF SHAME!!!

Dr. Lunchbox December 7, 2011, 12:27:14

The exclusion of Tom Dowd heretofore is reprehensible. A much overdue selection.

Timmy December 7, 2011, 13:55:20

RHCP and the Beastie Boys both started in the early eighties. GN’R in about ’86. Why would they need to wait longer? All of these bands are first ballot shoe-ins in my book. It will be pretty funny to see the d-bags from GN’R led by the text book d-bag narcissitic, has-been rock star Axl Rose sharing the stage together. What a contrast between them and RHCP and the Beasties, who are all very down to earth artists.

dankerator December 7, 2011, 15:46:51

@ Timmy: Why u ask , why should they wait? how bout rush, deep purple,(who have been a band since 1969 ) and so many more bands should be in the rnr hall of shame before gnr r.h.c.p. and beastie boys! I happen to be fans of all 3 bands!! (although what i’ve heard from r.hc.p sucks!) It makes no sense again i’m sure $$$ has a lot to do with it!!!

HARRY PALMER December 7, 2011, 16:00:34

Laura Nyro!. I hope Todd Rundgren does her induction. What a talent she was.

Gonz December 7, 2011, 17:03:18

What’s funny to me is that I remember eatin my first hit of acid in 1985 & watching the rhcp’s vid for “true men/ kill coyote” in my dorm room & laffin my ass off satin “these turds won’t be around much longer,”. And then, about a year later, in the Army now (cuz of too much acid I dropped out of school, only to find RAMPANT hallucinogen use :) sayin pretty much the same thing, under similar circumstances, about the BBs. Saw GnR in ’91 @ SPAC (I had just dropped out of school AGAIN) & thought Axl was a fucking little cunt. BTW, if it gonna mention K Moon, u should also give RIP to R Lane, too.

jeff d. usherman December 8, 2011, 13:25:21

when is YES gonna get in? It’s all a joke until this great band finally makes it in. Guns and Roses- what a joke