Published: 2012/04/06

Eddie Vedder Postpones Solo Tour

Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder has postponed his solo tour due to temporary nerve damage in his right arm. The injury is the result of a back injury sustained earlier this year. Vedder was slated to tour as a solo act this spring, including a high-profile return to the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. All Vedder’s spring shows will be rescheduled for this fall, with the exception of the Pearl Jam leader’s JazzFest appearance. The festival’s promoters are expected to announce a replacement act in the coming weeks.

A message from Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis explains:

After having worked aggressively with doctors and physical therapists for the last eight weeks to repair the damage, the intensity of the injury and time needed to heal has made it impossible to play the shows as scheduled. There was hope up until the last minute that the treatments would be successful. Sincerest apologies go out to those who have made plans and bought tickets. Eddie is frustrated beyond measure, but remains positive that come this summer all will be back in good form. All postponed dates will be rescheduled for November and December 2012. Tickets will be honored for rescheduled dates. Refunds will be available upon request through the point-of-purchase. Fan Club members with Ten Club pre-sale ticket will receive an email regarding proper refund procedures today, Thursday April 5

Glen Hansard (The Swell Season, The Frames) will join Vedder on the road this fall. His rescheduled shows will kick off in Las Vegas on Halloween.

Eddie Vedder’s new solo dates

October 31-November 1 Las Vegas, NV—Pearl Concert Theater
November 4 Phoenix, AZ—Comerica Theatre
November 6 Albuquerque, NM—Kiva Auditorium
November 7 El Paso, TX—Plaza Theater
November 9, 11 Austin, TX—Bass Concert Hall
November 12-13 Houston, TX—Jones Hall
November 15 Dallas, TX—Music Hall at Fair Park
November 16 San Antonio, TX—Lila Cockrell Theater
November 18-19 Tulsa, OK—Brady Theater
November 21 Memphis, TN—Orpheum Theater
November 24-25 Jacksonville, FL—Moran Theater
November 27-28 Orlando, FL—Bob Carr Performing Arts Centre
November 30-December 1 Fort Lauderdale, FL—Broward Center for the Performing Arts
December 3-4 Clearwater, FL—Ruth Eckerd Hall

Comments

MS April 6, 2012, 12:15:32

Do you people spell check anymore before you release a story? INJURY !

JES April 6, 2012, 12:23:09

Wishing you a speedy recovery! You are amazing!!!! Jodi

Jeff April 6, 2012, 13:23:28

Pearl Jam has lost it’s relevance.Without a president to pick on he just sounds like whiney old man. The rest of the band can’t seem to come up with any arrangements that are worth recording. Retire Eddie—your time has past.

paul April 6, 2012, 13:27:28

@Jeff you clearly don’t know what the hell you are talking about. have you been to a live show? do you understand that their following and cult-like status is on the same magnitude as the Grateful Dead? telling them or Eddie to retire is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

Jess April 7, 2012, 01:42:35

No Seattle show!?!? WTF

bud April 6, 2012, 14:47:50

Talk about dreaming a little dream . .. . This is the best news I’ve had in weeks. I am off the hook and no longer have to listen to the uke album over and over to try to suppress my gag reflex so I can dutifully attend this concert with my wife without yacking on the Vedderphiles in front of me.

Jason April 6, 2012, 16:16:48

@Jeff You clearly do not have a clue. Pearl Jam is one of the most talented and dynamic bands of our time. I agree with Paul…you have obviously have never been to a live show. Maybe you were too busy organizing your collection of John Tesh CDs.

Lydia Ackley April 11, 2012, 22:28:53

Hey! Eat it! If Eddie is not up to par then leave him alone!
I definitely could give him nice holistic and sexual healing! (Sorry)
Lydia Ackley \Kingston Ont,

DDD April 14, 2012, 15:58:05

@Jeff, there is plenty to pick on with the presidency of Obama

jc April 17, 2012, 17:47:30

Does he sing with his right arm???

Ilokoos April 22, 2012, 10:55:08

Scusate l’intervento che esula dall’argomento proposto ma orervi sottoporVi queste domande:Perch sono state eliminate queste funzioni dal sito?:I voti nei post sono stati eliminati, perch ?Penso che se un intervento risulta essere maleducato o insolente, sottolineando la disapprovazione degli altri utenti si instauri in chi l ha lasciato un timore o una riflessione su quanto ha scritto.Altrimenti, a meno che non ci sia una supervisione accurata degli amministratori, essendo il messaggio anonimo si potrebbero verificare degli abusi. Bannarli servirebbe a poco essendo l iscrizione anonima. Questo senza nulla togliere agli iscritti che mi sembra siano molto corretti e responsabili.Un altra cosa, molto pi importante di questa, ho notato che non pi possibile scrivere recensioni. E una cosa momentanea o c stata qualche decisione in merito? Sarebbe un peccato perch molto utile sapere com’ un determinato gioco e come viene considerato

Jess May 2, 2012, 09:40:44

Jeff, whoever you are you are clearly an asshat. Pearl Jam is an amazing band and seeing them live is equally amazing!! I have had friends who were not big PJ fans go to shows with me and leave the show blown away! I have been a fan since the release of Ten and if anything, PJ is more relevant than ever! And as for jc, obviously Eddie doesn’t sing w/ his right arm but since the tour is to support his album ‘Ukelele Songs’ it would stand to reason that he would need to play the ukelele and wouldn’t be able to with nerve damage in his arm…Seriously, how ridiculous can you be?? If you don’t like Eddie Vedder or Pearl Jam, why bother reading this article? Is it just to show people how big of an a-hole you are? If so, it worked. I bet you’re a republican, too.
I wish Eddie a full recovery and hope to see Pearl Jam the next time they’re in NY.

Didi's Jammy's May 26, 2012, 01:06:24

What do you mean “I bet you’re a Republican?” I am a straight Republican ticket voter. So when did yellow dog democrats get to be the only people that know talent? I may not agree with Vedders politics, but it doesn’t make me deaf. . I love Ed’s voice and he gets better every year. PJ rocked then AND now. There was so many stellar bands that came from that era. (I saw C Cornell recently and he was still wailing. It was crazy.) So quit being so narrow minded Mr. Liberal.

paulene June 23, 2012, 10:42:34

Saw Eddie and the boys thursday eve at Manchester it took me most of the day to get there, and i wouldn`t have missed it for the world they were AS ALWAYS Tremendous Love them foreverx