Published: 2012/04/09

MMW to Release 20

Throughout 2011, Medeski Martin & Wood celebrated their 20th anniversary by digitally releasing a series of tracks. Now, the trio has compiled the 20 tracks as a standalone physical release. Though many of these songs are part of MMW’s back catalog, all the tracks on 20 were originally recorded and released during 2011.

In other news, MMW has confirmed that while in Israel they will meet with HEARTBEAT, an organization dedicated to educating, empowering and uniting young Palestinians and Israelis through music. MMW is slated to perform in Tel Aviv on April 26.

Here’s a look at the album’s tracks

Me2
Shackman
Synesthesia
Down On Me
Born On A Bus
Tiznit Stomp
Fuck You Guys (First Take)
Box Car Lullabye
Make Room For Another (Mix By DJ Olive)
Last Of A Kind (Mix By DJ Olive)
Aquila The Hyun
Doppler
Silk
Stubborn Comfort
Sea Shack
Nuba
Palo Santo
llmoan
Mean Irene
Floodwaters

Comments

makersandh2o April 9, 2012, 13:13:48

What No Chubb Sub???? c’mon!

Jon April 9, 2012, 13:50:46

20 is all new stuff, recorded in 2011. Isn’t Chubb Sub from FAITU, their 2nd cd, which is approaching 20 years old? Aren’t there like hundreds of live versions of Chubb Sub out there?

dank April 9, 2012, 15:02:12

This is an awesome album, although I gotta say that my favourites are the Radiolarians albums. Those are all pretty hard to beat.

col4bin April 9, 2012, 15:39:30

It’s too bad the majority of those in attendance at MMW shows these days are douche bags.

duggy April 10, 2012, 07:14:51

This is an awesome collection! Loved the monthly releases throughout last year … NOTE: There are ONLY 4 older/previously played tunes in this collection (not most) — the other 16 are all new to my ears! And I listen to MMW 99% of the time … so, I think I woulda heard the others! HA! Just wanted to clarify that for anyone thinking about this … the 4 previously played tunes have never been recorded before either … I say grab this!

duggy April 10, 2012, 07:18:11

This is an awesome collection of tunes … I loved the monthly releases throughout last year. NOTE: There are ONLY 4 older/previously played songs in this collection (not “many”) — 16 of these tracks are brand new to my ears, and I listen to MMW 99% of the time so I think I’d have heard ‘em! HA! (Just wanted to clarify that for anyone who might be thinking of grabbing this.) Seriously, this set of tunes is well worth the listen … MMW keep pushing ahead and always make me wanna listen to more …

makersandh2o April 10, 2012, 10:49:35

yeah. i saw a few oldies and was hoping to see a chubb sub with a dj or something. i freakin love that jam. sorry to hear if that’s true about mmw shows these days. seen around 25 shows between a halloween weekend in NOLA ’99 and vegoose ’05 and they were always top notch music with top notch crowds. need to go again man.

Loubert April 10, 2012, 17:29:05

There are douche bags everywhere…. id say mmw has fewer douche nozzles than most. Im a fanatic about this band. I was hoping they were going to release a physical copy, just because i purchased every other cd they ever put out. These songs are pretty good… My opinion is they should make more tracks with horns….. love them horns

Loubert April 11, 2012, 01:57:52

Haha…. nah its not as kool as i first thaught. i dont think there will be a physical copy. just i tunes