Published: 2012/05/17

Van Halen Postpones Summer Tour Dates

Photo by Dean Budnick

Van Halen has postponed a number of dates on their current reunion tour with no explanation. All dates following their June 26 show in New Orleans have been removed from the band’s tour schedule on their website. No information has been provided regarding rescheduled dates or refunds.

Van Halen is currently touring in support of their first new album with singer David Lee Roth in over 28 years, titled A Different Kind of Truth. The band’s full tour itinerary is listed below (postponed dates are in bold).

Van Halen 2012 Tour Dates

08/06 Memphis, TN—FedEx Forum
08/08 Birmingham, AL—BJCC Arena
08/10 Greenville, SC—BI-LO Center
08/12 Cincinnati, OH—US Bank Arena

Comments

well.... May 17, 2012, 19:11:02

Maybe they realized they suck.

Cloudy Knight May 17, 2012, 19:30:15

Maybe Eddie decided he hates DLR again?

Gerry Maline May 17, 2012, 21:18:28

Sales, sales, sales. Rule # 6 – Always tour around world before making 2nd trip through the states. They might mask the problem as ‘fighting’, but it’s sales.

tennjed May 17, 2012, 22:07:36

Rule. 6. Negative! I remember a guy named Garcia that did a couple American tours back to back! A couple times. I agree tough – sales down.

Earl May 18, 2012, 00:03:16

Word is that Eddie has found more cancer on his tongue. Needs treatment

Tim Iggulden May 18, 2012, 01:22:36

The ( A different kind of mess ) tour is done? Really you mean DLR can’t keep his ego intact or is it that wolfie is tired of Eddie ( DAD ) staying awake for days ? I can’t believe Anyone would pay money to see these wash-outs. Looking forword to the Chickenfoot show in PDX in 3 weeks.

jason May 18, 2012, 06:20:17

as expected

Fletcher May 18, 2012, 06:36:45

Wow, that’s weird. These guys have always been so stable and dependable.

Sam May 18, 2012, 08:46:34

tapping is sweet

DANKERATOR May 18, 2012, 09:12:47

MAYBE IT’S BECAUSE EDDIE REALIZED DAVE LOST HIS VOICE BEFORE HE EVEN RECORDED THAT ALBUM. EVERYONE THAT I KNOW WHO SAW THIS TOUR SAID IT SUCKED! THE SOUND WAS BLARING AND ALL WRONG!!! I JUST SAW CHICKNFOOT WED NITE AND LET ME TELL U THAT SAMMY CAN STILL SING AND IT’S JUST NITE AND DAY BETWEEN THE 2 OF THEM!

adks12020 May 18, 2012, 09:38:45

Oh no! My summer plans are ruined! haha…seriously, why would anyone want to see this anyway? The last time VanHalen MIGHT have been worth seeing was 20+ years ago.

me May 18, 2012, 13:03:47

Um… if you are a VH fan, then no the tour didn’t suck… not by a longshot… from beginning up to just prior to the last tune, the show was GREAT! Kool and the Gang (with Michael Ray no less) was a great way to get the audience in the mood, then VH rocked… was it a bit more tame then when I saw them in 78 and 79, certainly… but only someone who is looking for a reason to rip on them would say it sucked. While the cancer thing could hold true, I would tend to believe the ticket sales issue… the prices are ridiculous! I like the original VH (well, almost) after seeing them in Buffalo, I wasn’t going back to see them in Rochester even though I live in Rochester. Short of one or two changes, I’m sure it would have been the same show… great to see once, but no need to see multiple times… and the fact they play roughly the same set every night and want over $100/ticket for most good seats is why you cannot even think to compare their tour with a Garcia tour… two totally different markets…

me May 18, 2012, 13:23:22

BTW... the last song did suck… always hated Jump!

me May 18, 2012, 13:27:14

and one last thing… yes, Diamond Dave’s voice was rough in spots… he cannot hit notes like he used to… but, then Jerry missed just about every other note when he sang in the 90s… I think it should be pretty obvious that you’re not going to sing like your 27 when you’re 57… not rocket science there… of course, there are some exceptions… but it’s a generally accepted rule…

DANERKATOR May 18, 2012, 13:39:01

@ ME — YES I AM A VAN HALEN FAN BUT -DAVES VOICE DOES SUCK AND IT SUCKED IN 2007 AND SUPPOSEDLY I SAW THE BEST SHOW ON THAT TOUR! SO I DIDN
T BOTHER GOING TO THIS TOUR!! U MUST HAVE BEEN OUT OF YOUR MIND IF U THOUGHT IT SOUNDED AND DAVE SOUNDED GOOD! CAN U TELL ME WHAT U TOOK SO IF I HAVE TO GO TO A BAD CONCERT I CAN TAKE IT AND MAKE IT SOUND GOOD!! AND U PROB THINK THAT “TATOO” IS A GOOD SONG! THE MUSIC IS NOT HALF BAND ON THE NEW RECORD IT’S JUST WHEN DAVE STARTS SINGING IT’S LIKE NAILS ON A CALKBOARD!! SO TO ALL THESE BANDS THAT THINK THEY CAN STILL PERFORM JUST GO TO U TUBE OR PUT ON THE RECORDS FROM THE PAST AND ENJOY CAUSE WERE ALL GETTN OLD!!!

me May 18, 2012, 15:15:25

@dank… okay, you’re way cooler than me… yup, I’m a big Tattoo fan… get over yourself! I taped the show, I’d be happy to send you a copy… I’d be happy to critique every song, pointing out where Dave’s voice sucked and where it was fine… Since you’re on this site, I’ll assume you were a Dead fan… at least 50% of the shows of the 90s would fall into the same category that you describe VH… Tell me, how are those shows with Bobby forgetting every other word? If you ask me, yes there were better days, but I still enjoy them now… I use the Dead as one example, but really it’s true for any band that is good enough to still sell tickets 30 years later… If you prefer to stay home and watch youtube, that is your choice!

Kyle May 21, 2012, 12:47:57

I would rather hear jerry miss every note then hear VH evven attemtp to play Listening to the Same Guitar SOLO over and over and over again. At least Jerry when he couldnt sing could always just whale on that guitar and make shit up on the spot UNLKE VH. They do suck I mean learn some new rifts all ready!

me May 21, 2012, 16:11:21

... says the guy defending a band that released 2 album of material over their last 14 years, much of which was music that had already been played for YEARS! And while I’ll give you that Jerry was the better improviser, he was far from his prime in the 90s, with occasional exception… and, without a doubt, Eddie was MUCH more technically proficient and would walk circles around Jerry on the fretboard (although technical proficiency is not everything, or else Yngwie Malmsteen would have been a smash hit!). However, I don’t want to get in a pissing match about the Dead vs. (they certainly were no slouches), I simply was trying to point out that expectations of a band that has been around for 30+ years should not be as high as they were when the band was in its prime… VH doesn’t suck, but if you feel better saying it that is fine… however, I think the number of fans and albums sold would suggest otherwise… not to mention that the guy you’re ripping on for lack of creativity is the same guy that brought a new style of guitar playing to rock music, some might say a pioneer… not liking a particular type of music, or band, is one thing… denying their abilities/place in musical history just shows you lack of knowledge…

Kevin Collins May 22, 2012, 05:58:39

I am sure its Eddie and David lee butting heads, and VH does not suck! Eddie influenced more then one of our beloved jamband guitarist. Runnin with the devil…. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl4dEAtxo0M hot for teacher
listen 2 these songs and you can help but smile and sing along listen to these 2 songs