Grateful Dead Takes Over The Warner Sound Spotify App
Over the past week, many have been celebrating what would have been Jerry Garcia’s 70th birthday. Spotify has now joined the celebration, as they have given the Grateful Dead full control of The Warner Sound app during “The Days Between,” which runs from Jerry’s birthday (August 1) to his untimely death on August 9.
The app takeover is highlighted by a Spotify-exclusive sampler from the band’s upcoming Spring 1990 box set, which is available now for pre-order exclusively at Dead.net. The six-track, 45-minute set collects a previously unreleased live track from each complete live show included in the boxed set.
Per Spotify, the Grateful Dead takeover will also include an interactive band biography, a Spring 1990 tour map with a song, show details, images from each tour city, Grateful Dead “Family Tree” playlists featuring artists that were influential on the band, and additional Dead-centric playlists from Bob Lefsetz, Aquarium Drunkard, and Dead scribe Blair Jackson.
Check out the Warner Sound Spotify app here.
Check out the tracklist below:
1. “Loser” — Capital Center, Landover, MD (3/16/90)
2. “Box Of Rain” — Civic Center, Hartford, CT (3/19/90)
3. “Truckin’” — Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, ON, Canada (3/22/90)
4. “Built To Last” — Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY (3/26/90)
5. “Iko Iko” — Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY (3/30/90)
6. “Feel Like A Stranger” — The Omni, Atlanta, CA (4/2/90)