Published: 2012/08/27

Phish to Webcast Denver Run

Phish will webcast the final three shows on their 2012 Summer Tour, taking place this weekend at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park near Denver, CO. LivePhish.com will offer a a 9-camera, HD broadcast with high quality audio mixed live. The webcast will be available for purchase via LivePhish.com as a three-day package for $39.99 or individually for $14.99.

For those unable to tune-in, within 72 hours of each concert LivePhish.com will post an archived video stream available only to fans who purchased the live webcast.

To pre-order the webcast head over to LivePhish.com.

Comments

joe August 27, 2012, 18:49:58

phish asking its fans to PAY for a webcast is
crazy, so many smaller bands
stream their shows in hi def. for no charge
with all the money this band makes
its a shame that cant see that
they might make new fans if they webcast them
for free.
as it is, justin bieber and friends will probably get it and smoke a bowl while they watch.

amy August 27, 2012, 21:05:14

I completely disagree and, in fact, think that they should webcast the entire tour. Webcasting is an awesome way for fans to enjoy the show, even if they are unable to be there live. I, for one, have no problem paying $15 to see my favorite band via webcast. I’m happy to support them — they deserve it. It’s really a win/win for everyone. And as far as trying to gain new fans… $15 is still cheaper than going to a show at Higher Ground (for us Vermonters) or even going to catch a movie (if you get popcorn and all that).
Thank you Phish and hook us up with some more webcasts!

Ron August 27, 2012, 21:19:59

I agree with Amy. It’s funny now that anyone is bitching about paying for webcasts when a few years ago, people were begging for this to happen. $15 is nothing. More webcasts, please!

Zulumaster August 27, 2012, 21:31:02

Joe, you’re a fool. Phish is great to their fans. First off, who else streams their shows for $15. And if remember correctly, Phish still lets their fans record the show. Joe, next time you go see Madonna, Oasis, or Bieber, try to record their show and tell me what happens when security comes up and says hello!!!!

Bill August 27, 2012, 22:13:46

Joe = Communist Bastard.

Phil August 27, 2012, 22:37:10

Smaller bands give it away because they’re still trying to gain exposure. There’s no radio or MTV to get your music out there anymore so they stream a show for free. Phish does a free stream via Bonnaroo or something, and that’s more than enough. I’m happy to pay to stream their shows.

crackatoa August 28, 2012, 04:57:32

Nuts, it’s just nuts, I say.
I mean that it’s raining in Burlington,
$15 bucks for a stream, thst seems