Published: 2012/10/15

A Weekend with Warren, Blues Traveler, The Dirty Dozen and More

Photos by Dino Perrucci

Warren Haynes’ Weekend with Warren celebration at Port Chester, NY’s Capitol Theatre continued on Friday night. On Thursday Haynes played a solo set that featured appearances from members of Railroad Earth, and on Friday the guitarist played with his Warren Haynes Band.

The Dirty Dozen Brass Band opened Friday’s show and, near the end of Warren Haynes Band’s first set, Dirty Dozen Brass Band trumpeter Efrem “ET” Townes emerged for “In Time.” Then, the rest of the Dirty Dozen Brass Band joined him onstage to help Warren Haynes Band close their first set with “I Wish” and “Man In Motion.” Haynes’ first set also offered a three-song Sly Stone tribute.

After their sit in with Warren Haynes Band, Dirty Dozen Brass Band made their way over to Cap principal Peter Shapiro’s Brooklyn Bowl venue for a late night show of their own. Blues Traveler had played the club earlier in the night and John Popper stuck around to sit in with Dirty Dozen during their set. Saxophonist Brian Watson also joined the Dirty Dozen for “Blackbird Special.”

Blues Traveler’s early-evening performance at the Bowl featured some special guests, too. DJ Logic, who played with Popper and Blues Traveler bassist Tad Kinchla in John Popper Project, sat in on “The Path.” The collaboration closed a busy two-night run for Blues Traveler at the Bowl: On Friday, Indian singer Falu sang with the band on “Stand” and fiddler Jason Crosby sat in on a cover of Charlie Daniels Band’s “The Devil Went Down to Georgia.”

Comments

AllmanSister October 15, 2012, 13:22:47

Anyone have Friday’s Warren Haynes Band setlist? Can’t find it anywhere!

AllmanSister October 15, 2012, 13:23:03

Anyone have Friday’s Warren Haynes Band setlist? Can’t find it anywhere!

Lisa Frakes October 15, 2012, 13:37:00

wow and you did not take me with you!!!!!! Awesome awesome!!!

Lisa Frakes October 15, 2012, 13:37:03

wow and you did not take me with you!!!!!! Awesome awesome!!!

Rich Lemire October 15, 2012, 14:02:42

Warren Haynes Band
10/12/2012
Capitol Theatre, Port Chester, NY Set 1: Jam > Tear Me Down, The River’s Gonna Rise, Fire in the Kitchen > Sick Of My Shadow, Que Sera Sera, Luv N’ Haight*, I Wish*, Man In Motion* Set 2: Your Wildest Dreams, On a Real Lonely Night, Pretzel Logic > drums > Pretzel Logic, Soulshine > Tupelo Honey > Soulshine, 32-20 Blues > Fire On the Bayou > 32-20 Blues Encore: Invisible *with the Dirty Dozen Brass Band horns

ABB fan October 15, 2012, 17:24:59

Saw the warren Haynes band sat in Albany,Ny they were awesome!!!

brian October 15, 2012, 20:27:17

anyone have the setlist from the Egg on Saturday night??? Thanks

Bill October 22, 2012, 23:13:12

Does anyone know where I can get recordings from this weekend?

Johnson October 30, 2012, 06:52:20

Dear guitar dude, I have some bad news….one of my guitar stings broke and I need to buy a new one but know that I’ll get back to you once it’s fixed and I’ll be glad to watch and learn how to play the guitar like the videos you are sending me but know that I will not give up on guitar…I really do want to learn more on guitar lessons… thank you for everything…

Alex October 15, 2012, 12:35:00

Just an amazing weekend of music in Brooklyn and Port Chester. If anyone has recordings of the BT shows, the Warren shows, or the BT/Spin Doctors twin bill at the Capitol, please don’t be shy in sharing.