Published: 2012/10/15

Pretty Lights and Bassnectar Confirm New Year’s Shows, Joint Show at Hampton

Electronic music stars Pretty Lights and Bassnectar have both confirmed their New Year’s plans as well as a pair of joint shows.

Pretty Lights will close 2012 with a two-night run at New York’s Roseland Ballroom. The electronic star will perform at the venue—which has hosted numerous classic New Year’s Eve shows over the years—on December 30 and 31. Founders Entertainment, the people behind Governors Ball, will promote these shows. Of the shows Pretty Lights says, “Both nights will feature extended PL sets, so you’ll get hours of classics, bangers and new, unreleased tracks in a more intimate setting in one of the world’s most amazing cities. It’s going to be two extraordinarily exciting evenings of beautifully bangin’ futuristic yet retro electro hip-hop and funky ass soul music…with Pretty Lights!”

For this part, Bassnectar will celebrate New Year’s Eve at Nashville, TN’s Bridgestone Arena. The event will be a fully circular 360 event featuring Bassnectar in the center of the arena. This is the second year in a row that Bassnectar has performed in Nashville on New Year’s Eve.

In addition, on December 27 and 28 Pretty Lights and Bassnectar partner for shows at Hampton, VA’s Hampton Coliseum. Billed as BassLights, the two-night event will feature rotating headlining sets between the two electronic musicians.

Comments

spikenyc October 15, 2012, 14:02:02

WTF? When did this DJ-produced crap become “jamband” music? Get this stuff off this site!

drasticjasper October 15, 2012, 15:57:55

I have to agree with spike I could care less about dj’s and just because people do drugs and go to it doesn’t make it jamband we like actual musicians not some schmuck with a laptop and a light show

Mig October 15, 2012, 18:20:23

I disagree with both of you arrogant retards. Go watch widespread panic play another drawn out jam of papa labega. Open your minds a little wider and you may actually understand the higher level and complexity that bassnectar and pretty lights delivers.

rebelINS00 October 17, 2012, 09:31:58

Wow arrogant retards? That’s a bit harsh.. What are you Mig? 17 maybe 18 years old? Was Electric Forest Festival the first Fest you ever went to? Haha I’m not gonna bash Dj music because its not ALL bad.. Hip-hop would suck without actual Djs but the whole Dub, trap, trap step or whatever is terrible… Alien drug music that anybody with a computer can muster up. This scene is certainly on its way out and I hope late night gets back in the hands of the Pros.. Denson, Galactic, Tribe, Lotus, Etc. You know… the people who don’t just press play and leave no room for error.

Mig October 18, 2012, 12:21:35

Haha very funny rebel but you’re a bit off by +ten years. The only thing that was harsh was mentioning widespread panic. I do love there music. I feel that a lot of people in that seen are just closed minded about dub step music. Alot of artists really aren’t that talented, but bassnectar and pretty lights are by far the best out there right now. And you have me a little confused that sound tribe is ok with you but PL and bassnec aren’t? I guess that selling out a 11000 plus arena means no one likes you huh. Presale tics for bassnec sold out in 15 mins yesterday! New Years is gonna be great again!

jack October 21, 2012, 21:00:25

these guys fit into jam category cuz when i go to their shows i JAM the fuck out. quit hatin

ilikesickdrops November 2, 2012, 13:15:19

Do people always stand up for thier own music and put others down? Music is music! Thousands of people arrive to watch these shows because it is invigorating. If you are so angry with yourself that you judge others by the music they enjoy- you need to re-evaluate your own music choice; for it is obviously not as uplifting and fulfilling to your spirit as you make it out be…

Rob November 28, 2012, 10:59:35

I agree with sickdrops. It’s fucking music. If you don’t like it, you don’t have to listen or click on the link. I hate all of you music supremacists. The second you start calling something not art is the second your opinion is no longer valid. Art is a qualitative experience, NOT quantitative. It is not a matter of IS and IS NOT. If you don’t like it, move along. Jesus Christ I find it hilarious that you guys think the guy defending the music is immature and a 12 year old. How does age at ALL make your musical opinion more valid? Good god you sound like my grandfather. “Back in my day, we all used sit quietly and not listen to the devil’s music!”

aaron December 23, 2012, 02:48:16

All of you are off the narrow way. True music should glorify the Creator. Please ridicule me and mock me. You will anyway.