Published: 2013/01/27

Love For Levon Concert Film To Be Released

A concert film of last October’s stellar Love For Levon show will be released on DVD, CD and Blu-Ray on March 19. An all-star lineup of musicians including Roger Waters, John Mayer, My Morning Jacket, Gregg Allman, Grace Potter, Bruce Hornsby, Warren Haynes, Jorma Kaukonen, Garth Hudson, Joe Walsh, Mavis Staples, Robert Randolph and more came together to pay tribute to legendary drummer Levon Helm. The fantastic two set show, which featured plenty of interesting collaborations and covers of The Band classics, took place with the purpose of raising money for Helm’s upstate New York studio.

The forthcoming film will include two-hours of concert footage, as well as another two hours worth of bonus material. You can watch a trailer for the upcoming film above and the setlist from the show can be found below. Our recap of the Love for Levon Show concert can also be found here.

Love For Levon Setlist

“The Shape I’m In” (Warren Haynes)

“Long Black Veil” (Gregg Allman and Warren Haynes)

“Trouble in Mind” (Jorma Kaukonen and Barry Mitterhoff)

“This Wheel’s on Fire” (the Midnight Ramble Band, Shawn
Pelton)

“Little Birds,” (the Midnight Ramble Band, Amy Helm on lead vocals)

“Listening to Levon” (Marc Cohn)

“Move Along Train” (Mavis Staples)

“Life is a Carnival” (Allen Toussaint and Jaimoe)

“When I Paint My Masterpiece” (John Prine and Garth Hudson)

“Anna Lee” (Bruce Hornsby)

“Ain’t Got No Home” (The Wallflowers’ Rami Jaffee and Jakob Dylan)

“Whispering Pines” ( Lucinda Williams)

“Rag Mama Rag” (John Hiatt and Mike Gordon)

“Don’t Do It” (David Bromberg and Joan Osborne)

“I Shall Be Released” (Grace Potter)

“Tears of Rage” (Ray LaMontagne, John Mayer)

“Rockin’ Chair” (Dierks Bentley, Jon Randall, Jessi Alexander)

“Chest Fever” (Dierks Bentley, Jon Randall, Jessi Alexander, Garth
Hudson)

“A Train Robbery” (Eric Church)

“Get Up Jake, (Eric Church)

“Tennessee Jed” (Larry Campbell, John Mayer)

“Up on Cripple Creek” (Joe Walsh,Robert Randolph)

“Ophelia” (My Morning Jacket with Levon Helm Horns)

“It Makes No Difference” (My Morning Jacket with Levon Helm
Horns)

“The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down” (Roger Waters, GE Smith, My Morning Jacket)

“Wide River to Cross” (Roger Waters and Amy Helm)

“The Weight” (entire cast. Gregg Allman, Waters, Mavis Staples
share lead vocals)

Comments

where's my mule? January 27, 2013, 18:13:40

levon your spirit will live forever shame on you robbie you made it to his death bed but couldn’t show your soulless ass at the show

kosmicrambler January 27, 2013, 20:01:11

In defense of Robbie’s honor ,i want to fight you on the playground at recess.just me and you “where’s my mule?”

augwest January 27, 2013, 23:05:09

Robbie was NOT invited!!!

dk70 January 28, 2013, 08:53:15

I was there, incredibly awesome unforgettable show. The only downer is that commersh country singers Church and Bentley get two songs each. Classic case of “moichandising”.

Sperling January 28, 2013, 12:32:35

I have Seen the reunion of the Band back in 1984 with the Grateful Dead in Toronto Canada. Levon will surely be missed. I can not believe that Robbie Robertson did not pitch in. Levon was amazing as a musician and an actor. God Bless Levon Helms and hope he is playing with Jerry Garcia, and all of his friends. We love you and will never forget you.

PM January 28, 2013, 12:53:13

Let not go there with Robbie Robertson, HE WAS THE BAND. No Robbie no band .The rest of the band were great EQUALLY! Richard, Garth,Rick and Levon but Robbie was the creative force look at the credits.

DeMeo January 28, 2013, 17:05:53

Well, to be clear, Robby received credit for The Band but he was not “The Band” personified. He is a hell of a musician but due to the greasy nature of the business end and the old “Divide and Conquer” technique the band split as a result of Robbie not wanting to tour. At that time the rest of the fellas were discouraged and perhaps a bit checked out due to the BS but I feel they carried on quite well without Robertson in the 80’s and 90’s. Between the Cate bros. and later the addition of Jimmy “effin” Weider, they they rocked our socks off for almost another 20 years releasing a few more albums! So…TAKE THAT! lol. In RR’s defense he was not invited to Love for Levon. Robbie had his “Last Waltz” This was LEVON’s show! Bless you Levon!

Vincent G Barnwell February 4, 2013, 17:29:26

Loved Leon not only as musician but as a neighbor, in defense of Robbie….. Rick and Levon were often borrowing money from The Bands account to be used for less then healthy reason, Yes greasy business and sad

jennifer frederick February 5, 2013, 10:32:42

An amazing show with unbelievable good, no great vibes. I had goose bumps all nite and got them again just watching this trailer. Thank-you Levon,family & friends.

Jersey Girl March 17, 2013, 00:00:14

Where was Jimmy Vivino??? He played the Ramble week after week, for no money, to help Levon. Guess somebody’s jealous…