Published: 2013/03/14

CBS News Releases Extra Clips From Trey Anastasio Interview

CBS News released two new clips from Trey Anastasio’s recent interview on CBS Sunday Morning. The clips, which mostly consist of footage that did not appear in the original broadcast, deal primarily with Anastasio and Phish’s relationship with their fans. In one clip, Anastasio talks about his love for his fans before describing them as “a little persnickety.” The second clips focuses on Phish’s breakup in 2004. Both of these online-only clips can be viewed over at Relix.com. The original interview can be watched above.

Comments

tellsemlikeismellsem!!!!!! March 14, 2013, 19:56:37

man…. 6 days a week for four years? that could’ve been spring and fall tours!!!! what a shitty waste of energy….. i get the want to branch out and do different shit, but why not open a laser tag center with all super phunk plinko jams as background music?... musicals are boring and super cheese-dick unless they are the book of mormon…

MarZaPhiGar March 15, 2013, 03:04:03

I’m interested in seeing the final product, but not necessarily because of TA’s involvement. Some years ago I watched the original docu film thinking it was going to be kind of dull, but was immensely surprised at the riveting story. Those people were fucking kooks!

jazzfester March 15, 2013, 11:01:50

Trey has earned the right to do and play anything that he wants. One of the themes in Phish, the interview, and the jam scene is the idea of taking chances and exploring new territory. If Trey played the same thing every night, we would not be such avid fans. He is just trying something new and taking a chance. I hope that the musical is amazing.

Cleeet March 15, 2013, 11:34:39

Wishing him the best of luck; as he says he’s been a huge fan of musical theater since childhood so it’s another dream come true. Hoping his next show will be based on his ideas for book, not just the music.

Dano March 19, 2013, 11:52:06

I saw the musical with my 9 year old son last year when we went to San Diego for a school field trip. I was pleasantly surprised. My son was skeptical too, and afer the first 10 minutes, my son whispered to me, “Dad, I think I like it!!!!!!”. Neither of us had ever been to a musical, but it was great. The songs were top notch too.

AliKat March 19, 2013, 20:08:10

As a Friend of 30 years. I am just glad he is alive, with his wife Sue and raising his girls.
He has given plenty. I am good with what ever brings him happiness