Published: 2013/03/19

Gathering of the Vibes: Phil and Friends, Black Crowes, Tedeschi Trucks, Grace Potter, The Roots and More

Phil Lesh and Friends featuring John Scofield, John Medeski, Joe Russo and John Kadlecik (two nights), The Black Crowes, Tedeschi Trucks Band, The Roots, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, John Butler Trio, Galactic, the funky METERS, Railroad Earth, John Scofield Uberjam, Fishbone and more will be at the 2013 Gathering of the Vibes. The festival will also feature late-night DJ sets from James Murphy and Thievery Corporation’s Rob Garza. The event will take place place at Seaside Park in Bridgeport, CT July 25-28.

Early bird tickets have sold out, but Way Advance ($195) and VIP ($475) tickets are still on sale. VIP ticket holders will receive perks like expedited entry, parking with easy in/out access, shaded camping areas with catered meals, snacks and beverages, air conditioned bathroom trailers and hot showers.

Gathering of the Vibes is an all ages, family friendly event that features a Family Camping area, Kids Corner, Teen Scene with interactive programming and a “School of Rock Teen Vibes Stage” with musical instruction and jam sessions with top-billed artists.

Gathering of the Vibes 2013 lineup

Phil Lesh & Friends featuring: John Scofield, John Medeski, Joe Russo and John Kadlecik (Two Nights)
The Black Crowes

Comments

wookmcgook March 19, 2013, 13:13:26

timmy got cu$tied

wookmcgook March 19, 2013, 13:13:43

timmy got cu$tied

Benjamin buttons March 19, 2013, 13:21:19

Timmy your a pussy… venue is great lineups usually good
...weather beautiful right on the water stop crying about nitrous you bitch

Bryan March 19, 2013, 13:36:10

Really the clowns that run this festival made us wait all this time for this??? Can’t they get their shit together & announce their lineup sooner like ALL OTHER FESTIVALS DO. Ghetto ass northeast slum fest 2013

tina March 19, 2013, 13:39:12

I don’t do drugs, I do music. I bring my children to the bridgeport venue. They love it, I love it, and I feel safe. If you want drugs, yes, they are there. But, they aren’t looking for you if you don’t want them.

timmy March 19, 2013, 13:50:36

When the kid got murdered, the Grateful Dead Family chased out the roaches. They did more than the paid off security, because they have integrity and pride. Something BejaminButtons and wookmcgook know nothing about. You little reptiles know nothing about community and spreading good vibes. All you know is how to make a profit from ignorant fools. Get the fuck out of our faces with that shit. Trust me, alot of people I know would love to meet you in person.

Will March 19, 2013, 15:22:14

What kind of fool brings their kids to a music festival? They should have Human Services there to take permanent custody from anyone trying to bring their kids. Oh, and I’ve been all over the US; Bridgeport is a MAJOR SHITHOLE, no one should ever plan a music festival there.

Panama March 19, 2013, 16:05:16

Can’t wait…hope Kung fu is the same night as Phil and friends…stop knocking Bridgeport…it’s the only festival that I can leave Sunday and be 5 min for I95 and 20 min to my front door…you want a shady fest you should have gone to 2006-2009 all hood…I mean all good

MarZaPhiGar March 19, 2013, 16:53:59

Gathering of the Vibes is like a less-classy Gathering of the Juggalos.

Fuges March 19, 2013, 18:20:01

The festival is well run and safe for all ages. If you are looking for trouble you can find it. If you are looking to have fun and enjoy music you can find it. dig

Jer March 20, 2013, 08:21:12

FISHBONE!!!!! Fuck yeah!!!!!

Ultimatelywhogivesafuck March 20, 2013, 09:04:53

your all stupid.. go where u want..do want u want..wen u want..and no place,person,vibe effects u..i get high..i dance..i eat..i have fun. I dont even know theres anyone there but me and who i choose to see YING YANG..FUCK YOU LOVE YOU

Larry March 20, 2013, 10:13:48

im 50 years old and attended the vibes for the first time last year. I stayed at the family campground with my 12 year old son. This is a great venue and a good place to take your kids if you are a responsible parent like myself. My son had a great time and was not exposed to any negativity or drugs,so to that ass who made comments about calling cps, bring it on because you are a stupid young boy who has no clue… grow up loser. Vibes is a great festival and i will be back.

funky1 March 21, 2013, 13:50:04

My main complaint about the vibes is that after spending $250 to go to their festival, they won’t even let you bring your own beer or water to go see the music so they can squeeze another $5 per drink out of you. Gathering of the custys…

timmy March 19, 2013, 12:52:30

Gathering of the Crack Vibes. Good lineup. Terrible venue. I can’t believe people still put up with this festival, and the subhuman piece of shit drug peddlers that infest it. True, they make their way to many festivals. Unfortunately, the close proximity of Bridgeport to many urban areas draws the roaches to the light. I think they pay security to look the other way in many cases. A few years ago, someone was murdered at GOTV by the so called Nitrous Mafia. Hey dumbfuck noobs: boycott nitrous, and any other substance sold by sketchy wooks.

Jrok March 19, 2013, 13:03:52

Abviously you weren’t there last year or the year before. They cleaned it up a lot and I didn’t hear one tank the whole weekend. Security made their presence known but didn’t bother anyone unless they were doing something very bad. Vibes is worth another shot.

Jesse March 19, 2013, 13:05:10

Umm, I went last year and I had the opposite impression of timmy. I had a wonderful time and will be returning this year.