Published: 2013/05/21

Widespread Panic and John Fogerty Confirmed for Interlocken, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead

Widespread Panic and John Fogerty have joined the lineup for the Interlocken Festival. Panic will play two of the festival’s four nights, and Fogerty will sit in with the group during one of those shows. In addition, Furthur have confirmed that they will play three of the inaugural event’s days, including an exclusive performance of the Grateful Dead’s classic Workingman’s Dead. The band will also offer bonus set for fans who purchase a Super VIP tickets. As previously reported, Interlocken will take place in Arrington, VA from September 5-8.

In other news, Interlocken has confirmed that The Black Crowes will perform two shows during the festival, while The String Cheese Incident will play on two of the event’s four days. One of those shows will feature the debut collaboration of the Zac Brown Incident, a one-time-only collaboration with country/jam star Zac Brown. Neil Young will also perform an extended set with Crazy Horse. Additional acts will be confirmed in the coming weeks.

The festival’s promoters are H.O.R.D.E. co-founder Dave Frey and Relix publisher Peter Shapiro. Artist pre-sale tickets will be available beginning May 22 at 10am EST and general “early bird” tickets will go on sale May 23 at 10am EST. All Tickets will be sold via interlockenfestival.com.

Comments

gd May 21, 2013, 16:50:01

this is fucking killer!!!!!! best festival of the year!!!!

Stevie May 21, 2013, 17:39:07

SO STOKED FOR THIS!!

ima doosh May 21, 2013, 17:47:48

Smart money says Bobby collapses between Easy Wind and Black Peter.

Confused May 21, 2013, 18:59:31

I don’t understand why this is the best lineup. The lineup is alright so far. Wanee blows this out the water.

Mo May 21, 2013, 20:02:33

Super VIP tickets, eh? Mo Money, Mo Money, Mo Money!

timmy May 21, 2013, 20:25:38

Yes, Wanee always has a killer lineup, and a beautiful venue but the police presence is always excessive and very eager to make quota. No problem if your smart, but that’s asking alot from some folks. No idea how the fuzz will be at Interlocken but the venue looks beautiful. As far as the lineup goes, I’d say it’s approaching epic. Panic, Furthur, Cheese, Fogerty, Crowes and Neil Young. Some playing multiple nights. Are you fucking kidding? That’s an unbelievable weekend.

Jdog May 21, 2013, 21:48:29

Bonnawhat?

jaded May 21, 2013, 22:17:36

VIP are six hundred dollars. Super VIP are one thousand dollars. I’m going to purchase ten of each. Sweet.

me May 22, 2013, 12:58:16

@jaded… Nice… after they’re sold out, if you put yours up on eBay with a Buy It Now of no more than 5k each… I’ll snag 9 from you and we’ll chill stage side together and we’ll burn the other 8 just cause we can afford it…

What??? May 23, 2013, 10:36:02

I smell a rat!!! Just bought 2 VIP tix. Said $499 each on site. Total after freaking fees etc was almost $1300!!! $70+ in service fees per ticket. Service for what?? It happened so fast I don’t even know where the other $100+ came from. I’m so pissed. Thought this fest was different. This better be the best freaking wkend of my life!! Wtf?????

Grinch4949 May 24, 2013, 15:38:13

I just bought one super VIP came to 1054.00 total, seemed reasonable to me with everything it comes with.

Bab's Uvula May 30, 2013, 12:41:35

“Super VIP Tickets”? What’s next? “Super-Duper-Explosivo-Incredible VIP Tickets”? How about a ticket that allows me to take a dump in a private, gold-plated shitter with a valet outside to wipe my butt? This festival VIP ticket crap pisses me off. Hey, I have an idea! How about one ticket, one price, everyone’s the same? None of this, “Hey, you dirty fuckin’ hippy, get outta that VIP area or I’ll tase you!!” And the fact that the bands are enabling this pisses me off even more. Why should Furthur give a shit if you paid $100 bucks for a ticket or a thousand? Oh, that’s right, they’ve sold out like the rest of them. Buncha pussies…

GratefulEl September 9, 2013, 13:35:37

Remember when you could see a Grateful Dead
show for around $35 or less and enjoy the parking lot scene to boot….Those days are long gone….Hope those who paid $500/$1000 for VIP Tickets thought it was worth it !!!!