Published: 2013/06/26

Gregg Allman Confirms Fall Tour, Plans to Enter the Studio This Fall

Gregg Allman has confirmed a fall tour. The Allman Brothers Band leader will head out on the road with his solo band in October for a series of theater and festival dates. The shows fall about a month after The Allman Brothers Band’s late summer tour. This fall also marks the 40th anniversary of The Allman Brothers Band’s best-selling album, Brothers & Sisters. He also plans to enter the studio in the near future.

“I’m in the midst of writing a bunch of different stuff,” Allman told Access Atlanta. “I’d like to get the buzz back in the studio, so I’ll be going back in after the Allmans tour. What’s on my bucket list is a record I want to call All Compositions By… but I have to get the damn songs written. I do write a lot when I’m listening to music, it primes the pump.”

Allman and his solo group will perform at Louisville, Kentucky’s Iroquois Amphitheater this evening.

Here’s a look at Gregg Allman’s fall dates

October 11 Montgomery, AL—Montgomery Performing Arts Center
October 12 Helena, AR—King Biscuit Blues Festival
October 15 Milwaukee, WI—Potawatomi Casino Northern Lights Theater
October 16 Milwaukee, WI—Potawatomi Casino Northern Lights Theater
October 18 Dubuque, IA—Diamond Jo Casino
October 19 Joliet, IL—Rialto Square Theatre
October 23 Detroit, MI—Motor City Casino
October 26 Atlantic City, NJ—Trump Taj Mahal

Comments

Hendo June 26, 2013, 14:57:14

Excellent show from Gregg & band last night in Evansville,IN at the Vic Theatre !- he sounded great & was in good spirits- Marc Quinones on percussion last night ! no Bruce Katz on keys tho, another player named Bruce from Minnesota, solid but no Katz in my book-the Devon Allman Band opened & they were also excellent – here’s the set….
I’m No Angel
Statesboro
Queen of Hearts
Born Under a Bad Sign w/Floyd on vox & Devon
Can’t Be Satisfied
These Days
Demons
Midnight Rider
Back to Daytona w/Floyd on vox
Dreams w/Devon & Jay tearing it up- my highlight
Don’t Keep Me Wonderin’
Melissa
Whippin’ Post- 2nd fave highlight
E: One Way Out w/drums then bass break love ScottSharrard & Jay Collins, just a solid jammin’ band, thanks Gregg !

jambandguy June 26, 2013, 16:27:58

Sounds like a good show, no love for the northeast though…but seeing ABB here in September. Not sure if they ever read these things but I’d like to thank all of them for my 35 years of great shows. You never get cheated whenever you shell out to see any of them. ABB, Gregg, Tedeschi Trucks…anything Warren! Burbridges, Ray and now Devon. Check out Royal Southern Brotherhood if you can. In an industry full of flash and money grabbers they all seem to stand out as guys who enjoy it and appreciate it. I appreciate that.

wolf June 27, 2013, 06:49:28

Gregg has apparently never heard the story of the boy that cried wolf. How many times can he publicly state “I’m writing a bunch of stuff…?”

Bill Harriman June 27, 2013, 12:36:01

Hey Wolf – he just wrote his memoir and it was excellent. Just saying….

Mark June 27, 2013, 14:05:21

and he just put out a new album last year didnt he, not all new songs but some.

Joe Bennison June 27, 2013, 14:13:10

Was the keyboard Player Bruce McCabe? From the Hoopsnakes?

cindy June 27, 2013, 16:36:58

come to old st lou…will u please? I need to hear you again. waiting impatiently. :) Cindy Bell

Dale June 27, 2013, 17:26:00

Please try to come to Knoxville Tn you guys are my favorite band seen y’all in Cincinnati many times at the gardens and Riverbend!!!

Bolinger Canyon Production's June 27, 2013, 19:08:19

Why Aren’t you heading west Californis Washington State I haven’t heard a tour this way in Year’s Geg you’d blow the sock’s off the folk’s if you showed up at the Mt Baker Blues fest. the 1 st week end in August unanoused it was vote 2013 bestblues show fest this year ran by a guy you may know Lloyd Petersen work for Bill, Graham year’s ago in San Francisco.. Think about it …... thank you !!!

Daved June 27, 2013, 19:09:26

The keyboardists name is Bruce Mattson

Jayme June 27, 2013, 19:10:12

Gregg, quando vc vai se apresentar em São Paulo – Brasil?

Daved June 27, 2013, 19:15:22

Bolinger,
Gregg play southern Cal almost every year and performed several shows around the SF bay area (Mill Valley, Palace Of Fine Arts, Sacramento, Lake Tahoe) last year and did about 3 shows in Oregon about 3 years ago.
ABB perormed in Portland with the Doobie Bros opening) a couple years ago.
I agree however, it would be great to see him get up to Portland, and Washington more often.

Glen Hudson June 28, 2013, 03:14:43

July 85 downtown Dallas, Apt. Complex, I bought your entire band a shot an a beer; You guys delivered flat out the best Jams that city has ever seen in its life. Very honored to shake your hand that day. Im still recording for Of the Wall Band up here in Seattle; I,ll keep up with Ya,ll Later. And see if you can come up to Seattle if ya get time. Lata Glen….

Kymberly Helser June 28, 2013, 10:41:22

California needs some Allman Brothers love too.
I am flying to Charlotte and spending the weekend at 2 shows but I am still campaigning for the west coast. I have never seen them before so it will be a perfect ending for the summer!!!!

abbhead June 28, 2013, 10:51:33

It’s also the 40th anniversary of Gregg Allman’s 1st record…Laid Back 1973

Paul June 30, 2013, 17:00:16

Hope he comes back to Connecticut for a make up at Summerwind..Windsor Ct.

cal July 3, 2013, 18:36:53

wolf is right gregg is always saying he is writing but nothing comes of it.