Published: 2013/09/11

Black Crowes Reschedule Show Following Stan Robinson’s Death

We are sad to report that Stan Robinson, father to Chris and Rich Robinson of The Black Crowes, passed away yesterday. The band initially cancelled their shows in Birmingham, AL and Fayetteville, AR, however the Birmingham show has been rescheduled for tonight.

The Crowes took to Facebook and posted the following message: “We sadly bid a final farewell to our loving father, Stan Robinson. The man who lived his entire life in Atlanta, GA left this earthly realm Tuesday afternoon on wings of pure love and with his sons by his side. We love you Dad.”

Comments

flynn September 11, 2013, 18:15:16

Great guy, go to youtube and check out the old hit from the 50’s “rhinocerus”. Thats the true family roots of the B. Crowes…

me September 11, 2013, 17:11:39

Condolences to the Robinson family… may their patriarch rest in peace…

Jonna McGrath Rowe September 11, 2013, 19:53:48

I worked with Stan at the Mart. He was so much fun to be around. My sympathies to the family…
Jonna

crbfan September 11, 2013, 19:57:05

My condolences….can’t believe they are playing tonight. I’m sure they probably just feel more comfortable on stage and honor their father with their music. Gotta give them credit for doing right by their fans.

Tom Gregg September 11, 2013, 22:34:19

A true friend … he will be missed…he could make you laugh for hours…God be with you Mr. Stan….

Sad September 12, 2013, 01:12:53

I feel for there loss and it speaks volumes to their fans that they are not taking more time off. No one would have a bad word to say if the rest of the tour was canceled.

Oaksterdan September 12, 2013, 06:45:53

Let Jackie belt out a knockin’ on heavens door. RIP!

Doug S. September 12, 2013, 09:48:16

Here’s a song that Rich wrote about his Dad a few years ago:

Neighborhood Friend September 12, 2013, 16:44:02

Will miss Stan. One of the funniest people ever. RIP.

Bruce Patterson September 14, 2013, 16:00:09

Bye my friend . You were one of a kind and you always made me smile. Peace be with you

Layton Barefoot September 16, 2013, 17:01:04

I worked for Stan in 1986. He was so much fun to be around as there never was a dull moment. So sad for your loss Rich, Chris, and Nancy.

Brad Bradley September 19, 2013, 00:28:57

Uncle Stan, You were a powerful guy to a little boy. I loved your kindness to me later on. Rugby, and be a tough guy! So much fun to be around. We will miss you. C, R & N, if you read this, love you guys, praying for you. Here for you. – B

Tony Seibert April 10, 2014, 15:08:49

Never met you guys, but followed you with interest and bought your albums. I know you’ve seen the photo of your dad and me — “The Appalachians” — on the wall over his bed in Atlanta. It saddened me that we were not able to spend time together when I moved to Nashville (from Santa Barbara, CA) to re-enter the music industry as songwriter/publisher, although we did get together several times both in Atlanta and Nashville. I know he was proud of you both for having achieved the musical success that he himself strived for as a young man. To see one’s sons succeed and “live the dream” that a father once worked for is a marvelous and gratifying experience. We both gave it our all, but there’s only so much room at the top. It never happened for us; so I’m glad that the sons of “one of us” made it. My son’s a lawyer (and excellent bass player); so you two carry the dream that both your father and I once chased. Best of luck and much, much happiness to you both—in your musical careers and in your personal lives. With love, Tony Seibert (tseibert@countryweekly.com), 04/10/14 at Nashville, TN.

norman October 24, 2014, 02:33:10

oh my god I am so sorry Stan was a good customer of mine at chops steak house many years ago. god what a good guy