Published: 2013/10/09

String Cheese Incident Announce Hulaween Theme

String Cheese Incident will host Suwannee Hulaween later this month at Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak, FL. Today, the band announced the weekend will take on a voodoo theme. Fans are encouraged to dress up all weekend as Voodoo Dolls, Tribal Krewe, Creole Creatures, etc. In addition to the theme, fans can also participate in a Disc Golf Tournament as well as morning yoga. Additional details on those activities are expected to be announced soon.

Along with sets from String Cheese Incident each night, STS9, Big Gigantic, Emancipator, Conspirator, Steve Kimock & Friends and many more will perform during the Halloween weekend event. Tickets are still available with VIP packages also still for sale. For all ticketing information be sure to visit the Hulaween website.

Comments

tellsemlikeIsmellsem!!!!! October 9, 2013, 14:21:06

this is fucking retarded. exactly whats wrong with string cheese these days….. they are more worried about you having some queer ass getup on and fire dancer burning man losers on stilts, than they are about playing good music…. keep whomping on till you are a soundcheck shpongle cover band….. that fake ass white rasta chant done on sirens(a lame song to begin with) at hardly strictly was probably some of the most ass jamming michael franti bullshit I’ve heard since I last watched the ras trent video too…....

Joshua Katt October 9, 2013, 14:48:33

Saw & listened to STI for the first time ever at Locken last month and was blown away (being really there for Furthur). Looking to see them again, this sounds sad. Just play the freakin music !!!

Mateo October 9, 2013, 15:22:59

tellsemlikeIsmellsem!!!!! If you aren’t down with what they are doing then why are you spending time complaining? Just focus on the bands you dig and chill when bands aren’t doing things as you would. Better yet, form your own band and then you can do what you want with them!

Moesha October 9, 2013, 15:43:56

Apparently, you’ve never been to Hornings. The band has done this kind of shit for many, many years. Some of the eye candy can be cool. However, I concur that they do need to put the focus back on the music that made them a good band. I’d like to see that band again…

Sean October 9, 2013, 15:44:21

I must say I agree with tells. how bout some old school incidents.

tellsemlikeIsmellsem!!!!! October 9, 2013, 16:18:29

hornings is a staple… the middle night late night set has gotten lamer and lamer every year…. I don’t need to be cleared off the dance floor to watch burning man carnies do in-sync dances from some sloped bullshit spot in the venue…. Ive been to 4 hornings and seen this band 200+ times in over 40 states in my 20s and all my best friends I met through this band feel the same way…. we were kyles corner and the last couple times I’ve seen them (locally only) I’m embarrassed and ashamed of how much time Ive wasted, and how many miles I’ve driven because of how fucking queer it is now. Wish my old favorite band didn’t make me feel that way….. Im only writing this cuz It’s good feedback for the band to get their shit together, stop trying to be who they aren’t, and start playing the music they are capable of playing… the first 100 incidents I went to, each one was just as awesome if not better than the last…. obviously its never gonna be the same as it was 10 and 12 years ago…. but these guys aren’t even cutting it on the nostalgic act level and they still have all their original members!!! WTF is that?!!! I think there are specifically 3 members ruining this band right now…. can you guess who they are? BTW.... SUWANEE IS THE SHIT!!!! They let you rent golf carts there!!!! I went to their show in 2003 there….. heres a gem for all you 4th gen cheese fans that talk shit back to me so you can tell how this band used to sound(best rivertrance I know of) http://archive.org/details/sci2000-04-08.dsbd.shnf

tellsemlikeIsmellsem!!!!! October 9, 2013, 16:23:35

the 25 minutes of MLT doesn’t suck either…. watch out for hollingsworth on the synth bombs!!!!!

Tom October 9, 2013, 16:53:57

tellsemlikeIsmellsem!!!!!
Tell us about more things you don’t like. The internet is your soapbox. Your comments make you sound like an absolute ball to hang out with.

tom is right. October 10, 2013, 02:01:36

If you don’t want to go don’t go. Simple. We don’t care if you’ve been to 1000 shows we still don’t want to hear your lame ass. Stay cheesy San Diego.

stevie October 10, 2013, 02:13:06

Joshua Katt, I was at Locken too and have seen the Cheese many times out west. They tore it up! Had a blast man. Can’t wait to see some more.

Tellsemlikeismellsem!!! #2!!! October 10, 2013, 13:44:04

I agree with tellsem. Tom clearly rocks a sequin cape, glitter and spandex on the regular. “Tom is right” is salty with life for raging a 9-5er the last 50 years and living just north of the shit town of TJ…. You should probably hop on a one way flight to Crashintheoceanville, but not before first being sent to Bonnarroo with a bottle of cayenne flavored gold bond and a hoola hoop made of inward facing knife blades …..... Don’t think tellsem1 was bragging seniority rights but more defending him/herself on the accusation of never going to hornings. I’m right there too. Lots of shows. Cheese is pretty hurt up these days. All the glitter and fairy shit is wack…. Just downloaded that show off archive.org. Retarded nasty mlt!!!! Thanks for the link tellsem1!!!!!! What a bunch of ungrateful fucks…..

Tom October 10, 2013, 16:22:08

You’re either the same person or even more of a dolt. The whole point was that it’s easy to criticize things from the internet. I’m not a glitter fan or a cape person, either; and surely someone who actually worked a 9-5 to get through life/support their family wouldn’t take that as an insult. Not sure where you were going with that, but having a job isn’t really an insult. Wishing someone hula hoops with razor blades reinforces my initial response. Maybe you forgot live music is about everybody from different walks of life getting to escape for a bit and have a little fun. If little things like someone’s apparel or people wearing glitter get in your craw, then maybe going to public events isn’t in your best interest. Better stick to the archive where you can relive the same night over and over.

and the winner is.... October 10, 2013, 17:49:42

Tom: 2
Tellsem: 0 Common sense always wins.

Max October 15, 2013, 16:07:26

It’s called progression. It sickens me to see people like you always salty for no reason. It’s an amazing band with wonderful music and they jam all night long. And what’s wrong with a cape? Yes wore them in their prime and they are legendary