Published: 2013/11/27

NFL Films to Produce Feature on Phish and Russell Wilson

NFL Films will produce a feature on Phish and Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson to be aired in 2014. The filming, which occurred during Phish’s Atlantic City Halloween run, will link the band with Russell Wilson in a piece entitled “Wiiillson” to air in January.

Phish and Wilson have a lengthy history, with the band encouraging the Seattle Seahawks to use the song “Wilson” as the quarterback’s intro music. The team obliged, piping in the song during their game against the Oakland Raiders. The crowd reacted with the chant of “Wilson” as the quarterback ran onto the field.

NFL Films feature producer (and noted Phish fan) Chris Weaver took to Twitter to share some photos from the shoot. He also posted additional info on PhantasyTour:

I’m currently co-producing and directing a piece for the series NFL Films Presents about Phish and the Seahawks, as it relates to Trey’s requests in Seattle and at the Gorge for Seahawks fans to do the Wiiiiil-sooooon chant when Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson takes the field at home games.

While Phish was wrapping up the Fall tour in Atlantic City, the band and Red Light Management provided us with outstanding access: I interviewed Trey and Fish, we did some backstage filming, and we shot virtually the entire 11/2/13 concert.

Our next set of shoots is in Seattle this weekend, and at the Seahawks game this Monday Night. If you, or if you know of a group of Phish fans who will be at the game on Monday, please let me know below.

We don’t have exact air-dates yet, but will air sometime in January on ESPN and NFL Network. I will try to update this thread as soon as I have more info. In the meantime, you can follow me on Twitter for any other updates.

Comments

bennyboy November 27, 2013, 11:14:48

Screw the Seachickens. I’d almost rather Trey come out as a Republican than this crap. Why THIS Wilson? Why not Brian Wilson? Or Woodrow Wilson? or Pete Wilson? or the volleyball in the boring Tom Hanks movie? GO NINERS!

Mr Random November 27, 2013, 11:41:28

Shut up Benny — signed everyone

Fred November 27, 2013, 11:53:42

AGREE with Bennie completely! SO LAME. Although not surprising for the adult contemporary, best daddy eva, ride my bike, jack-and-jill-went-up-the-hill, TREIGH. Yay!!

Ian Lerner November 27, 2013, 12:17:26

benny-you have a small head and smell like cabbage

Mr Random November 27, 2013, 12:38:00

Fred – you are an asshat as well. lighten up.

Jose November 27, 2013, 12:40:07

Benny can go to hell. This is great for Phish and the best team in the NFL. The Niners are doing great huh? Yup. Kappernick is weak, much like the entire team and their crybaby ass coach.

Fred November 27, 2013, 12:40:36

Mr. Random, didn’t know you were the arbiter of universal truth and entinguisher of subjective opinions of others. Lighten up yo’self yo.

Fred November 27, 2013, 12:57:05

Oh the seahawks? The team with all the criminals and suspended PED users? Yeah, they are a real national treasure. Please .

Your Mom Goes to College November 27, 2013, 13:35:06

Fred, Yeah because there isn’t one team without criminals or PED users in the NFL. YEAH RIGHT!! Go Hawks.

GO HAWKS!! November 27, 2013, 14:02:49

Haha! Typical Whiners. Always whining every chance they can get. Haters gonna hate! GO RUSSY AND GO HAWKS!!!!

Seattle's finest November 27, 2013, 14:32:13

Hey weed is legal here in Washington state so our players like to smoke a little? Phish knows what’s up with the hawks, you all can kick rocks! 10-1 👍

Fred November 27, 2013, 14:39:52

Seattle stands ZERO chance of winning the Super Bowl so long as that high school cheerleader (cheater) coach is at the helm making a fool of himself.

Mr Random November 27, 2013, 15:02:36

Fred likes big words and drinks his own pee

Fred November 27, 2013, 15:05:55

Can’t defend your idiot rah-rah coach I see. He is an embarrassment to the MEN in the NFL. So I drink my own pee. So what?

me November 27, 2013, 15:19:36

Oh no, Phish has done something wrong again… gonna be coal in their stockings again if all the neighsayers bitch enough to Santa… Personally, I’m glad Phish is doing something for the Seahawks… maybe they will finally stop crying about the Steelers beating them in SB XL… 7 years of listening to how two bad calls (rather than, say, a pass by a receiver to score a touchdown… where was your coverage?), rather than 58 minutes of bad play by the Seahawks, cost them the game… I lay this hate on you! See you all on 12/30… sure hope there is a Wingsuit Reprise on the 31st ;^)

UnknownWhoDat November 27, 2013, 15:39:48

Geaux Saints!

Eroc November 27, 2013, 15:56:49

They better pipe in more than ‘Willlssson’ Monday night cuz the Saints are coming to town and bringing that Gris-Gris. Trey can’t help ‘em now!

GO HAWKS!! November 27, 2013, 16:06:12

HAHAHAHA!!! I love it when whiner fans prove me right! Whining more than my 2 year old is a large feat. Congrats! Hey Saints fans! Thanks for giving them another reason to whine two weeks ago… See ya’all on Monday! Should be a good game!

MarZaPhiGar November 27, 2013, 16:07:31

Saints bleaux.

timmy November 27, 2013, 16:11:20

If the Seahawks win the Super Bowl, Russell Wilson should make an appearance at The Gorge next summer.

Sean November 27, 2013, 17:09:52

I hear Amtrak is looking for a song. Anyone have an idea? So much for being “radically anti-commercial”. Happy Thanksgiving to all, even the wooks under a bridge.

El jefe November 27, 2013, 18:23:38

Sean there is a difference between commercialism and communitarianism. It’s not like it’s licensed, its entrance blurb music and a chant. You can feel good about Hood is a line from a commercial even.

Timber Ho November 27, 2013, 20:12:40

don’t see why any fan would have an issue with this? Did you get all pissy when Phish did the millennium bit for ABC with Peter Jennings? Or how about in 1997 when they signed off on MTV covering portions of The Great Went?

kye November 29, 2013, 20:27:34

OMG these comments are the best. People whine about anything phish does my god kids grow up. The song is wilson so lets root for the crappy niners. I bet trey doesnt even care about football. he is a hockey man. and wow a PED shot like every team doesnt cheat! ASS clowns reading a phish story in here then reading the comments is worse than PT oh ya the whiners do the same on PT lol. I remember when the Dead could do no right Jerry was getting Death threats and hate mail and booed. Now he is dead and the GD did no wrong. AHH to be an artist! Gotta die before you are totally appreciated for your ENTIRE life’s work. My god people

dk70 December 2, 2013, 17:02:07

This thread combines malcontent Phish fans with espn.com style bragging on their fave NFL teams. Jeez.

qhnwam April 12, 2014, 23:46:54

gI2c4c digszxtnprcb, [url=http://hhbocdsppyju.com/]hhbocdsppyju[/url], [link=http://wqxpacppddiq.com/]wqxpacppddiq[/link], http://zlfqvrhnnwil.com/