Published: 2013/12/10

Allman Brothers to Release Two 1992 Recordings

Jambase has reported that Sony will release two live archival Allman Brothers sets on February 18. The release will feature the full, uninterrupted performances from the double-disc Play All Night: Live at the Beacon Theater 1992 and a new version of The Allman Brothers Band Live at Great Woods DVD.

Both releases will feature former member Dickey Betts, who departed from the band in 2000, on guitar and the late Allen Woody on bass. With the exception of this year’s reissue of the classic Brothers and Sisters, which featured a previously-unreleased live recording from 1973, this release marks the first time in many years that the Allman Brothers have dug into their past for an official release.

Play All Night: Live at the Beacon Theater tracklist:

In Memory of Elizabeth Reed

Revival
Dreams

Whipping Post

Comments

DickeyWoody December 10, 2013, 12:52:40

Looking forward to hearing some high quality recordings from this line up! These shows were great fun. Wish they would release some more tracks like Kind of Bird, Steady Rolling Man, One Way Out and all more Thom Ducette from the Macon shows they recorded.

Scott Bernstein December 10, 2013, 13:07:23

I hope they fix the horrible “Live At Great Woods” DVD that was previously out. Compared to the awesome VHS tape (of an incredible performance), they inexplicably inserted interview footage IN THE MIDDLE OF SONGS on the DVD. Fingers crossed this stupidity is corrected this time around, because I LOVED the “Live At Great Woods” VHS!

Rick M December 10, 2013, 14:34:34

Agree with Scott, totally butchered the DVD.. What a joke ..

The Other Scott Bernstein December 10, 2013, 14:51:56

Yes, Scott. The “new” DVD will not contain the interview footage! Thanks for the hat tip, Team Jambands.com!

JP76 December 10, 2013, 14:59:10

Looking forward to these – this is the first ABB lineup I ever got to see.

TBCblue December 11, 2013, 06:56:50

They are not “two 1992 recordings.” Great Woods was 9/‘91.

little cc December 11, 2013, 08:47:28

It’s really about time some shows are getting released… First line up I was ever able to see. The band is unbelievable now but it would be great to see some Dickey Betts! They should release post 94’ shows with dickey and warren… After the album Where It All Begins. They really were smokin’ after that album came out.

little cc December 11, 2013, 08:57:49

Dean February 18, 2014, 13:42:19

First time I heard them was in 1970 on a real to real recording that just melted me I to my chair. I had the headphones on and it was sheer heaven in every note. I have been a fan ever since that day and will be forever.

Dean February 18, 2014, 13:42:20