Published: 2014/02/06

Bob Weir & RatDog Debut "My Brother Esau" During Warm Up Show

Bob Weir and RatDog took the stage for a warm-up show at the Sweetwater Music Hall in Mill Valley, CA last night. The group—Steve Kimock, Robin Sylvester, Jay Lane, Jeff Chimenti and Rob Wasserman—debuted their take on the Weir/John Perry Barlow-penned tune “My Brother Esau” during a two-set show that also featured originals like “Bury Me Standing,” “Money for Gasoline” and “Ashes and Glass,” as well as a few covers and a number of Grateful Dead classics. As previously reported, the members of The National convinced Weir to pull out “My Brother Essau” for the first time in decades during The Bridge Sessions in 2012.

Bob Weir and RatDog will kick off their first tour since 2009 with atwo-night stand at the Tower Theater in Philadelphia on February 14 and 15.

Here’s a look at last night’s setlist via our Box Scores page

Wednesday, February 5, 2014, Bob Weir & RatDog, Sweetwater Music Hall, Mill Valley, CA

Set I: Jam > Jack Straw, Row Jimmy, Brown-Eyed Women > Ashes and Glass, Jus’ Like Mama Said > Milestones > Jus’ Like Mama Said, Money for Gasoline

Set II: Cassidy > Bury Me Standing > My Brother Esau > Estimated Prophet > The Other One, Dear Prudence > China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider

E: Touch of Grey

Comments

spikenyc February 6, 2014, 14:04:12

At least he did not play Tequilla!

whatever February 6, 2014, 12:23:57

cool…. now bust out Banyan Tree again… that shit was the heater sauce w/ Other Ones 98…. Glad I went to zappa plays zappa shredfest last night instead of this…. nonetheless kimock is a g….... hopefully him and phil pull their heads out of their asses and squash their beef in the years to come…. he needs to play the crossroads…...and w/ out wolf-man-jack too!!!!

Mick D February 6, 2014, 13:01:42

Wow… Esau! Very adventurous, Bob. So bold. Were there cameras there to record your every move, too? This guy sucks.

yesterdaysdonuts February 6, 2014, 13:17:27

Esau

Wookie February 6, 2014, 13:23:28

Really MIck D. and how many years have you been playing hundreds of tunes to millions of fans all over the world? Second set was outstanding, nine songs, one stop…. Not bad for an old man! Glad ta see ya back BOB

Ron February 6, 2014, 15:21:35

I’m happy bob is back to playing his originals like ashes and money, they are so much fun!
Thanks for coming back Bob!
We’ve missed ratdog!

tellshimlikeIsmellsem!!!! February 6, 2014, 16:10:58

Thats great…. now let us know when he shaves that mangy dead squirrel off his face….. looks like a goddamned three toed sloth with an itchy belly latched on and is face humping for dear life…..

Ryder February 6, 2014, 16:32:45

I love hearing from these pathetic morons that puruse the web looking for artists to put down … Go
On home Micky D, your mamas calling you, time for milk and cookies

norma stitz February 6, 2014, 18:35:36

“my brother esau”-HOLY FUCKING SHIT !!!!

tumahm February 6, 2014, 22:57:51

I second the Banyan Tree! It was a highlight of the 98 tour & live album,.

Joshua Katt February 7, 2014, 12:15:10

Saw him to this on the solo acoustic tour of April 2012, grate!