Published: 2014/04/08

Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bad Company Announce Summer Tour

Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bad Company will embark on a co-headlining tour throuh the East Coast and Midwest this July. The outing will kick off at the Waterfront in Bangor, ME on July 10, before the band makes 10 more stops over the course of the next two weeks. Tickets for the shows will on sale later this week.

Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bad Company hit the road for a summer tour last year as well. The current incarnation of Lynyrd Skynyrd feature founding member Gary Rossington (guitar), as well as Johnny Van Zant (vocals), Rickey Medlocke (guitar) and Michael Cartellone (drums). The current Bad Company lineup consisits of original membrs Paul Rodgers (vocal/multi-instrumental), Mick Ralphs (guitar), Simon Kirke (drums), along with Howard Leese (guitar) and Todd Ronning (bass).

Lynyrd Skynyrd & Bad Company Tour Dates

July 8 Rama, ON—Casino Rama (Bad Company Only)
July 10 Bangor, ME—Waterfront
July 12 Mansfield, MA—Xfinity Center
July 13 Darien, NY—Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
July 15 Raleigh, NC—Walnut Creek Amphitheate
July 16 Charlotte, NC—PNC Pavilion
July 18 Philadelphia, PA—TBD
July 19 Bristow, VA—Jiffy Lube Live
July 22 Cuyahoga Falls, OH—Blossom Music Center
July 23 Tinley Park, IL—First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
July 25 Clarkston, MI—DTE Energy Music Theatre

Comments

Wayne Johnson April 8, 2014, 14:25:06

Why is this on here? Skynyrd is AWFUL and not a jamband

KingRhinoNJ April 8, 2014, 14:38:58

Um. The Phish cover, “The Ballad of Curtis Lowe”.

Ha Ha April 8, 2014, 14:40:03

Skynyrd being the secondary headliner at Wanee is the reason I’m skipping this year! I also see they took Phish’s summer spot at Blossom, lol! On another note, why is there nothing on here about the Roseland Ballroom closing? I know the Relix owner has vested interest in the refurbished Cap, but this place was a classic, and home to many great Jam Band shows. Whether or not you guys made money off the place, it deserves at least a paragraph or two on here.

Son of the Soil April 8, 2014, 14:53:34

I wonder if Skynyrd left that stupid Confederate flag off their logo because Bad Company told them it was a deal breaker, as it symbolizes the movement to allow slavery to continue in the south. I’m all for ethnocentric pride and regional patriotism, but the dixie flag is an old symbol of a sad time in this country’s history. I love listening to old Skynyrd discs, some of the best music ever recorded, but to go to this current lineup of the band, doing “medlies” which suck, then to have to see a giant dixie flag behind them, and dumb asses walking around the lawn with that flag all proud of it,goes against everything I hope not to subject myself to.

jamesdinct April 8, 2014, 15:09:05

While most of the guys are dead from the original lineup and most of the current guys are ringers this is still a fun time. They play the songs which are basically the best southern rock songs ever along with the ABB catalog pretty well. I can see not wanting to go but not hating on it. I went to see them in the mid 2000’s and it was a wicked fun day of drinking beer and rocking out to songs I grew up on in the sun. I also saw Paul Rodgers solo band play at a venue I was working at and they rocked out pretty hard and gave a good show. For anyone who goes this will be a fun dose of nostalgia on a summer day, what’s the harm in that? Is it the original lineups, playing the songs masterfully, and on the level of your favorite ‘jamband’? No it’s not. Is it good clean fun? Yeh probably, leave it to the hatin fun police to bash a good time.

dk70 April 8, 2014, 15:40:37

Skynyrd does note for note replications of every solo it has laid down. LAME. Plus the fact that Gary Rossington is the only original member is also LAME.

seetherpabst April 8, 2014, 17:58:20

Its funny how the confederate flag also gets represented with slavery. I believe it was the American flag flying on the ships that brought the slaves over here

Ziggy April 8, 2014, 18:57:25

Jamesdinct, well said, fun police gotta snob it up!

Mike Amato April 8, 2014, 19:26:13

Sounds like a blast, Skynyrd has great songs beneath the ever popular overplayed ones. Nothing wrong with the flag, shouldn’t all y’alls be mad at President Lincoln for F’ing up a good thing… ?

bad co April 10, 2014, 05:48:47

Hopefully bad company plays some different songs, they have been playing the same ones over and over.