Published: 2014/06/19

Phish Confirm Randall’s Island Details

Phish have revealed a few details about their upcoming three-night run at Randall’s Island in New York City. As previously reported, the band will be performing at the venue, which is home to other music events like Governor’s Ball and Electric Zoo, July 11-13.

Notably, the band have confirmed that their archival merch store The Freezer will be returning for the event. The store will feature an “extremely limited” number of shirts, posters, hard goods and other items from 1996-2002, as well as other rare, original print posters from the Phish Archives, including classic Pollocks. The Freezer will also host the JEMP Records Store, which will be selling a new Phish vinyl release exclusively for Randall’s Island on Friday and Saturday.

Phish have also confirmed a number of other details, including some of the organizations that will be present on site, such as HeadCount, Clean Vibes and Ben & Jerry’s Food Fight. The newly created info page is also littered with humor, including some off-kilter prohibited and allowed items (no framed diplomas, no sleep til Brooklyn, bottled up emotions are allowed as long they stay bottled for the duration of the show, etc.) and directions to Randall’s Island from Rybnik, Poland.

There’s also this tidbit on getting to venue via stagecoach:

First, build a time machine out of a Delorean. Travel back to 1885. Spot an out-of-control stagecoach. Save the passenger and fall in love with her. Convince her that you are a time-traveler from the future, and that it’s very important you attend a Phish concert at Randall’s Island in 2014. Quickly explain what Phish is, the importance of touring to an artist’s bottom line, how online music distribution in the streaming era comes with its own set of challenges. Equip her stagecoach with flux-capacitor technology. Return to the present time, making sure to avoid rush hour. Follow directions from the Bruckner Expressway. Note: There is no on-site stagecoach parking at Randall’s Island.

Comments

Dave the slave June 19, 2014, 16:23:49

That is a week before the Juggalos! A Phish festival? What could possibly be better?

Dave the slave June 19, 2014, 17:06:10

They should include directions to Rikers Island as well as it will be a destination for some of the Phans during the three day run.

Dave the slave June 19, 2014, 17:28:06

I may try to end up there myself to get some high quality man love in a non-judgmental environment.

mulebyrd June 19, 2014, 18:21:18

time waits for no one . . . no one waits for time

mulebyrd June 19, 2014, 18:22:28

I heart phat gyrls

mulebyrd June 19, 2014, 18:24:10

man love w/butter . . . mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mulebyrd June 19, 2014, 18:26:52

prison sex rules < you should get some shyt baby love dave cuz everybody on this site hate you xcept for me < I think u funny whyte boy

mulebyrd June 19, 2014, 18:30:57

call me dave (666) 666-6666. I WANT MY FIST UP UR ASZ

MULEBYRD June 19, 2014, 18:38:28

KEYBOARD WARRIOR = WEAKER EXIXSTENCE THAN PHAN PHISH

Hard For Gordo June 19, 2014, 19:55:27

Oh hell yea, I’m gonna be in line first and buy all the cool merch to flip on ebay. Signed,
Typical Phish Phan

Umphan June 19, 2014, 23:16:32

These guys are so tired. We took the torch at that Wilmington, NC show last year. Mike Gordon is a straight up Nancy pole rider. Umphreys is just fucking badass. We are all hot people with hot plans. The new album makes Fuego look like the trash that you loser hippies can’t even understand with your acid riddled heads. Get on youtube and search for Brandon Baylor and Jake Cinigar and see what the fuck I mean. What exactly does Phish do to keep you connected on Twitter and Facebook? Nothing while my guys from @Umphamilytribe #oldlikeJoel tweet me and fb me making me feel like I am involved in the creative process. I used to like Phish, but I realize what’s better and some of you just can’t handle our swag. Randall’s Island what losers. I just saw a private show at the Brooklyn Bowl for the new album for 300 bucks.

YarmouthScroat June 20, 2014, 01:09:23

With those two bridges on the way in and out, there will so many hookers and street ‘vendors’. How many jaw grinding flatbrims will be singing monica to a toothless rental mama wook in the first ten rows? This will be the most diverse New York Phish show in history. I fully expect ethnic prostitution to create a melting pot for the boys to unwind the new dose of american rock and roll at Randalls. Thats what makes us one. As long as everyone is at least a teenager its allgood. Any doubts, lock that porto-let tight!

YarmouthScroat June 20, 2014, 01:09:52

YarmouthScroat June 20, 2014, 01:10:00

YarmouthScroat June 20, 2014, 01:10:03

YarmouthScroat June 20, 2014, 01:10:10

YarmouthScroat June 20, 2014, 01:10:10

YarmouthScroat June 20, 2014, 01:10:12

HangItUpTrey June 20, 2014, 10:13:40

Phish? Still touring? should have stopped in the 90’s

Cleeet June 20, 2014, 11:40:48

Any chance site mods can take some of this crap down? I don’t want to see someone’s sick fantasies when I’m just reading a music blog. And some here feel compelled to post such every time Phish is mentioned.

Dave the slave June 22, 2014, 14:10:41

I know how you feel Cleeet. It has really gotten out of hand.