Published: 2014/06/23

Phish Release New Live Bait Vol. 10 Ahead of Summer Tour

As Phish prepare to kick off their 2014 Summer Tour July 1 in Mansfield, MA, the band has released the tenth installment of their Live Bait series featuring recordings from past performances.

Among the highlights are the 30-minute Jones Beach “Tweezer” from the band’s 1995 tour as well as the expansive “Down with Disease” that kicked off Phish’s second set at DTE Energy Music Center in 2011. Fans of recent performances will also find the “Chalk Dust Torture” played during the iconic “Fuck Your Face” set at Denver’s Dick’s Sporting Goods Park.

Additional early selections include a pair of expansive jams from 2000, as the band uniquely stretched out “The Mango Song” at Merriweather Post Pavilion and paired “The Moma Dance” and “Runaway Jim” to open the noteworthy June 24 show in Atlanta, GA that year.

Live Bait Vol. 10 is available to download totally free via LivePhish.com.

Phish Live Bait Vol. 10 Tracklist:

What’s the Use (7/12/99 Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA)
Stash (7/10/94 SPAC, Saratoga Springs, NY)
Tweezer (6/28/95 Jones Beach Music Theater, Wantagh, NY)
The Connection (6/29/10 CMAC Performing Arts Center, Canandaigua, NY)
Down With Disease (6/3/11 DTE Energy Music Theater, Clarkston, MI)
Bathtub Gin (11/9/98 UIC Pavilion, Chicago, IL)
My Sweet One (3/27/92 1313 Club, Charlotte, NC)
The Mango Song > Jam (9/17/00 Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD)
Fee (7/8/99 Virginia Beach Amphitheater, Virginia Beach, VA)
The Moma Dance > Runaway Jim (6/24/00 Lakewood Amphiteater, Atlanta, GA)
Chalk Dust Torture (8/31/12 Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO)

Comments

Clive Bigsby June 23, 2014, 15:11:51

Cool.

Dave the slave June 23, 2014, 16:16:23

Downloading it tonight. Listening to 10-31-13 over Starbucks’ free wifi from across the street as we speak. The pack of stray pit bulls has me corenered in a room but luckily I do not require food in my present state and i expect that I’ll be able to wait things out until the alpha male gets hungry and eats the pack down to size that I can fight.

Dave the slave June 23, 2014, 16:37:42

Phish phans don’t buy it. If you listen to it with out all of those drugs you take at the shows you will realize just how much this band sucks. Now you really don’t want that to happen do you.
Stay strong Phish Phans stay strong.
Your friend Dave the slave.

Dave the slave June 23, 2014, 16:45:09

I have been having these Tourette syndrome-esque episodes lately where I blast out hate for the things that I love the most. These psychotic features of my personality are generally harmless if one knows what to look for. A lot of my anger I think comes from the fact that I was a huge Panic fan until I realized that the singer resembles a queen termite in the face, and sounds like Meatloaf when he sings. It was a crushing blow to my psyche.

Dave the slave June 23, 2014, 16:49:59

I was mistaken about the queen termite, I was thinking about someone else. The Meatloaf assessment stands.

Dave the slave June 23, 2014, 16:55:19

Don’t waste your hard earned money on this crap. If you really need to listen to this crap it is all over the internet for free. Save your money Phish phans. You will need it for bail on the summer tour.

Dave the slave June 23, 2014, 16:58:00

My clone has reading comprehension issues, especially regarding the part about this being a FREE DOWNLOAD.

Dave the slave June 23, 2014, 16:59:47

You got me there.

Clive Bigsby June 23, 2014, 17:07:06

I love to sit and listen to Phish while enjoying a great big bowl of cat food. It doesn’t get any better than that.

Dave The Slave June 23, 2014, 20:00:27

Pay attention to me people! Pay attention to me! I need attention! Someone, please call me a troll or something, anything! I need validation. I need attention! !!

bagginsntaggina June 23, 2014, 21:21:41

Dave, are you an energy guide or what?

about time June 23, 2014, 21:39:18

Ive been begging for a long time to release this Bathtub from UIC 98 Finally thanks music gods this is a must listen-

Dave The Slave June 23, 2014, 23:08:59

God, I love phish

Dave the slave June 24, 2014, 10:56:04

Nope, I was wrong. Phish sucks. And tell that freak of a drummer to get some pants.

steve johnson June 24, 2014, 11:21:03

dave sucks

Rudy June 24, 2014, 11:40:25

The surprise in the release may be The Connection from CMAC. This set 1 opener has a high energy, and will have you wondering why it isn’t played more often. Listen and enjoy.

clive bigsby June 24, 2014, 11:43:56

Hey Steve J. Why don’t you just eat some cat food and chill. You will feel much better.

Ron June 24, 2014, 13:38:36

Rudy is right. The Connection is the cats meow. So much good Trey, Page, Mike and Fish. Such a pretty tune. I wish they would play it more. Really a great moment for the band in songwritting. Maybe we will get some wild jams summer and fall.
It should be epcot.