Published: 2014/07/14

Festivalgoers Still Stranded at Hudson Project Due to Weather

The Hudson Project festival presented by MCP Presents and SFX Entertainment was forced to cancel their festivities on Sunday due to inclement weather. Bassnectar, Paper Diamond, Capital Cities and more were scheduled to perform yesterday but were unable to following the cancellation.

The heavy rains that came to the Saugerties, NY area turned the festival grounds into a mud pit, ultimately preventing most from getting out of the campgrounds. There are now reports of cars stuck in the mud nearly 12 hours after they’ve tried to leave as well as people passing out due to dehydration and hunger.

The festival is currently working on getting the cars out as well as getting any medical attention to those who need it, however there doesn’t seem to be an end in sight. Follow the Hudson Project on Twitter for up-to-the-minute information.

It appears as if weather wasn’t the only thing preventing those at Hudson Project to have a good time, as numerous reports of disrespectful and harsh security and festival employees have also surfaced.

Comments

Wow July 14, 2014, 15:16:39

What a mess. I know you can’t predict mother nature, but you have to be prepared. I’ll stick to the festivals that have their $hit together. (Telluride, Harvest Fest, etc)

TellsemlikeIsmellsem!!! July 14, 2014, 15:25:13

Just testament to the fact that God hates shitty edm music and all of its fans….. Hunger and dehydration?!! That’s the ecstasy, folks…

Somedude July 14, 2014, 17:26:00

Buck up pussies! Where are you? New York. Where was Woodstock?... New York! Guess what? They had it much worse than you!!!
New generation is pathetic :/

Nate July 14, 2014, 18:33:42

I can understand being pissed off about shitty security and missing some music, but you can’t seriously be telling me that people are ‘passing out’ from dehydration. Ask somebody for a drag out of that nalgene.. you’re on a (car) camping trip that got extended by 24 hours, this isn’t an actual warzone. sounds like dramatic and whiney kids to me.

Dave the slave July 14, 2014, 19:44:18

They should pipe in some of that new Phish music. That will cheer everyone right up.

MarZaPhiGar July 14, 2014, 21:59:45

Hmmm, last time i was at the Winston Farm, people EMBRACED the mud…fuckin millenial pussies.

MarZaPhiGar July 14, 2014, 23:45:55

Waaah I took too many moon rocks and vaped too much shatter…I never really learned how to drive andandand I can’t get this ZipCar out of the mud andandand my helicopter parents always handed out the bottled water…hey, don’t I get a Participation Trophy for all of this???

the professional July 15, 2014, 01:46:01

Hah obviously none of you commenting dickheads are there, experiencing it… My heart goes out to those stuck in a shifty muddy lot. Hope they stay safe out there. Ps do you dickheads with the comments know how much injury and disease were present at Woodstock? No?
Bash the production if you want, but not the kids at the party.

MarZaPhiGar July 15, 2014, 02:15:32

I reserve the right to bash them, cuz there’s NO FUCKING WAY IN HELL u can compare a few thousand peeps on a rainy day to the THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND who braved it in ’94, when the weather was WAY worse, and transportation was WAY more of an issue, and communication was WAY less sophisticated. Shit, I remember wadung through this river that had formed between the two stages and being struck by the thought that “um…this is NOT water!!!”

the professional July 15, 2014, 03:58:08

All I’m saying is the kids were set up for failure by invasive illegal police presence, production’s complete lack of concern for the patrons, a far overworked and emotionally defeated security, and essentially total chaos… A festival knows what it’s doing with a lineup like that… There are so many fake, dangerous drugs out there a young crowd like that I’d expect to party too hard anyhow these days.

augusteast July 15, 2014, 09:22:16

Stop the hating please! I have been a promoter and had a similar situation with cars stuck in a pasture after a heavy downpour. You all need to pull together like a family should and help each other. That is the most important part of festivals that has been lost. We can do anything if we all could stick together! I am no an of EDM but many people are not fans of GD and jam bands in general. Communities would embrace more if we stepped up and showed the respect all people on this spaceship we call earth deserve.

Joshua Katt July 15, 2014, 16:32:00

Good stuff MarZaPhiGar !

bill July 19, 2014, 16:11:48

I was wondering Dave the Slave do you take questions??? I got one ? If god put a gun to your head and asked you “ dave you must choose witch member of phish do you hate the least” who would that be???

Noodles July 20, 2014, 13:03:40

Wow. Too bad for these people and what could have been a happy time, for those who enjoy this scene. Every generation is different, and the festivities, are built upon years of all our experiences. It’s not like any of this is being run by teens with a full head of non greying hair. No beef with them but it’s time for them to think modern day. In today’s scene; There are no surprises unless someone did not plan accordingly. All players know what is up and what is down. This weather created issue of NY mud. This extra day fans were hoping to use as a ‘recovery’ day. The promoters should legally have a plan B on file for various legacy legal rulings and for protective financial reasons. If not I have an insurance license and am happy to sell all the proper insurance. Now, assuming they have that part correctly filed it is only a legal mess to clean up after the fact. The policies should cover these costs. The musicians are sheltered from most of such items, they are aware of it but sheltered. Unfortunately, in this case, just more bad luck for these promoters. The over reaching security is in part created by these insurance policies mandated (luckily for the promoters, who should be fine if legit). And to ease the so called helicopter parents worries, as many waived goodbye to a car load of kids full of designer handbags, you know. Ps. I think Dave was referred to by the Phish back office in the Randall island q&a section, ‘yes, you too, Dave’ – So, way to go Dave. You might find some work and thus afford your fantasy’s without the truck stop work on the side! Whatever your reasonings, the endless self promotion has been recognized, reacted to and obviously you can write legit copy and know how to create social media buzz. No matter the approach.

Otto July 23, 2014, 16:17:30

I remember how many people went to Coventry ill-prepared and then had to go home when the announcement was made that no more cars were being allowed on site. Me, I went in a van but made sure i brought along hiking boots, rain gear, a real back pack, non-perishable food, water and a tent just in case. My girlfriend didnt hear from me for 3 days yet she told me she knew I was fine because I went PREPARED!

Noodles July 24, 2014, 20:31:53

Coventry – it all depended on how many miles back no matter how prepared. We were way too far after a 20 hour drive. The worst was all the a-holes in cars flying around the right lane, lined up orderly to get in, full of the good people. All those cars got in… and those who followed direction got screwed. What did that teach anyone? It just showed how awful that scene was by then. Add in the young girl who fell off the cliff trying to find a ‘spot’, well, she was not many cars behind us. My wife also fell into a crevice but caught herself, that event was and still is thought of as an awful weekend, really could have been worse. Phish got lucky – fortunately just the end of an era needing an end. I heard the signature books sell for a bundle these days. Getting old is awesome!