Published: 2014/08/05

Marianne Faithfull: "I Know Who Killed Jim Morrison"

Marianne Faithfull claims that her former boyfriend, heroin dealer Jean de Breteuil, was responsible for the death of Jim Morrison. The singer, who is known for her troubled past, recently told MOJO that Breteuil sold The Doors frontman heroin that was “too strong.”

Morrison passed away in a Paris apartment on July 3, 1971. He was 27 years old. His death has been a source of controversy for some time, with a number of different explanations surfacing over the years.

Speaking with MOJO, Faithfull said:

I could intuitively feel trouble…I thought, I’ll take a few Tuinal and I won’t be there. And he went to see Jim Morrison and killed him. I mean I’m sure it was an accident. Poor bastard. The smack was too strong? Yeah. And he died. And I didn’t know anything about this. Anyway, everybody connected to the death of this poor guy is dead now. Except me.

Faithfull is currently gearing up to release her new studio album, Give My Love to London. The LP, which features collaborations with Brian Eno, Nick Cave, Roger Waters, Steve Earle, Portishead’s Adrian Utley and many more, is set for release on September 29.

Comments

gkwoodward August 5, 2014, 16:30:38

First of all, we’ve known for decades now he died of a drug overdose. So, no new news there. Second of all, screw this chick for using this information as a way to promote an album and get her name back in the headlines…

lenny August 5, 2014, 16:38:52

this is a brief version…. i heard this story years ago. she knew this stuff… jim died in the bar downstairs and they carried his dead body u[pstairs and put him in the tub or wherever

DrKT August 5, 2014, 16:39:28

Ditto GK’s comments. Faithfull has never had any class or talent.

Dave August 5, 2014, 16:49:30

This is nothing new. Just a publicity stunt for her music. Eff her.

kimanne August 5, 2014, 17:13:41

Can we say “starf***er” ladies and gents?....Mick and Keith didn’t write it for the he’ll of it!!

kimanne August 5, 2014, 17:13:53

bum ditty August 5, 2014, 21:14:45

skank

kip August 5, 2014, 21:46:51

who cares who killed him? really, he was a junkie who got his dope from a drug dealer. who of us don’t? i’m curious of what candy bars he preferred to eat out of her snatch. mick and kieth liked mars bars

MarZaPhiGar August 5, 2014, 21:59:33

I believe the bathtub death story- the hot water exacerbated the drugs coursing through his veins. His junkie old lady kew what was up’ she got him hooked.

MarZaPhiGar August 6, 2014, 01:07:37

Does she know who kilt Bryan Jones?

terry August 6, 2014, 07:35:05

Where’s Jimmy Hoffa? Can someone ask her?

dubs August 6, 2014, 10:42:31

In her gash.

randy floyd August 6, 2014, 13:41:18

y’all are jumping to the conclusion that she is using this “new” “information” to sell records. it looks like it was part of an interview w Mojo. i haven’t read it, but it could also be that this is just the most interesting part of the interview for the general public. jambands.com is the intermediary… i think maybe this site should be a little more careful about how it presents things like this

MalcolmO August 11, 2014, 14:52:19

What we do know is that AFTER Danny Sugarman’s book “No One Here Gets Out Alive” was published and before she died, Pamela said to Danny, “Jim’s dead and it was my stash.” Before Danny revealed that, all we had was the weird story of the bath triggering heart failure, which was SO improbable. After hearing of her statement above, we might figure that she had, uh, induced the doctor to come up with the heart failure story. But no proof. We’ll never know for sure.