Published: 2014/08/10

Bob Weir & RatDog Cancel Remaining Tour Dates

Bob Weir & RatDog have announced that will cancel all remaining tour dates, including their Jamaica multi-day event scheduled for January 2015. Full refunds will be offered. Weir has also cancelled his appearance with Furthur at the second annual Lockn’ festival in September.

No further information was made available as to why this decision was made, though Weir was recently “under the weather” and missed a RatDog show in Las Vegas in July. Here’s a look at the full statement via Furthur’s Facebook page:

Circumstances have necessitated that all scheduled tour dates for Bob Weir & RatDog are being cancelled. This applies to all dates on the summer tour starting on Thursday, August 14 in Boston through September 14 in Nashville and also includes the Jamaica event in January of 2015. Full and complete refunds are available at place of purchase. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Weir’s camp also told Relix and Jambands.com that Weir will remain off the road “immediately and indefinitely.”

UPDATE:

Weir’s former manager, John Scher, has told Rolling Stone:

I love the guy and wish nothing but good health…He’s an extremely talented and very underrated musician. He’s an important guy. Bobby’s been having health problems for a while and now there are plenty of people who support him and want to help him get the care he needs.

Comments

Paul Glace August 11, 2014, 12:03:10

Tragic, simply tragic. Ja bless.

DJ Dero August 11, 2014, 11:27:37

DJ Dero, maybe you will grow up be a man someday . I’m Sure your parents will be happy when and if that day ever comes…............
Meanwhile most of us hear are focused on our love,prayers and support for beloved Bob Weir.
Have you ever heard of tough love?
Jerry never got it and most of the Boys (if you know who they are) regret there was no tough love for him at that time.
At this point it’s Bobs choice and no one else’s .
Hang in there Bob, we will be here when you are ready my friend . carolinaphil

Ragstone August 11, 2014, 11:34:42

At Red Rocks last month I was embarrassed for Bob (and myself as a Deadhead) when every time they showed him on the big screen he was grinding his jaw really bad. The only saving grace was that most of the Avett Brothers audience is high school girls and NPR-listening soccer moms, so I doubt many of them know what that amount of teeth-grinding means. Hopefully Bob uses this time off to get sober and come back healthy and strong for 2015.

Bonnie August 11, 2014, 12:16:10

Prayin for your healing Bobby.

AZviaPhilly August 11, 2014, 12:33:21

The man has been standing, playing and travelling for decades upon end. I am chalking it up to repetitive strain injuries that created structural issues. It is common, in these situations, to take something for pain management which would allow fuction with out discomfort. The musculoskeletal system can only take so much stagnant load for so long. I was so happy to see you him in Phx weeks ago. Intuition told me to go in case,,, He gave his life to us. Get well Bobby and I know we will see you again.

Lightweight Hypocrite August 11, 2014, 12:36:31

Bob is just a lightweight. Grow a pair of balls pal and saddle up. The road is the only place Bob knows. Maybe Vince’s wife can drop Bobby off in the driveway of a hospital like Bob did to her husband when he was having issues? Maybe Bob can be kicked out of Ratdog for his illness like Mark Karan? These are very real options.

ron f August 11, 2014, 12:57:08

love is all u need,love you bob

steve August 11, 2014, 13:00:32

If Bobby is suffering from drug and/or alcohol problems, it’s important to stress that addiction isn’t some kind of personality flaw or moral weakness. Addiction is a chronic, progressive brain disease. It’s treatable. Perhaps not as successfully as one might like, but on a par with other chronic diseases that require substantial behavioral change, like diabetes and hypertension. Unfortunately, many people still don’t believe addiction is a disease. That’s why science-based education is so important. For a website that discusses the science of substance use and abuse in accessible English (how alcohol and drugs work in the brain; how addiction develops; why addiction is a chronic, progressive brain disease; what parts of the brain malfunction as a result of substance abuse; how that malfunction skews decision-making and motivation, resulting in addict behaviors; why some get addicted while others don’t; how treatment works; how well treatment works; why relapse is common; what family and friends can do; etc.) please click on www.AddictScience.com.

NKG August 11, 2014, 13:30:06

Just tell Bobby I love him.

Jgbkids August 11, 2014, 15:00:22

Love u bob u can do it

Nati-Deadhead August 11, 2014, 15:44:06

Get well Bobby live to see another inspired show

JB August 11, 2014, 15:51:24

Nothing but love, health and eventual happiness to all those truly involved. As juicy as many want this to be, it simply is what it is: Life. In time, deserving fans will know a story intended for …. fans. It’s been obvious to most anyone that he has been suffering from an ailment or two. Anyone who has been there, medically, chemically, or both; knows there are no easy answers. Until next time… Shaggy Dog, where have u been?

Greg August 11, 2014, 15:56:06

Love to Bobby and everybody here posting too. Love you all, always.

Dee Dee August 11, 2014, 16:19:27

Take all the time you need to get well and be well. Know that lots of healing thoughts are going your way.

Norpinist August 11, 2014, 17:59:50

At one of my very first Grateful Dead shows in spring of ’77 (RPI, Troy, NY) I ran into Phil in the back of the arena. He looked horrible – thin, gaunt, and out of it. Now, 35 years later, Phil looks great, and Bobby’s not looking so well. I hope whatever it is that Mr. Weir is suffering from – health, addiction, etc., he can overcome. Phil, Bobby and the gang are all national treasures, and whenever the come around I will pay homage to them because they have laid out a legacy that I doubt will be replicated. Thank you for enhancing my life and so many others. Here’s to seeing you all reunited in 2015!

Bob August 11, 2014, 18:42:22

It would be very naive to believe it’s not a drug issue, the guy was in the Greateful Dead for Christ sake. Bob can get help, I’m not sure I can say the same for the brainless people who comment on this site as if Bob is reading this. Those people are hopeless fools. Bob on the other hand has a brain and will get it together. Do you guys also talk to your TV too?

bill August 11, 2014, 21:30:38

The main celebrity news story today is the suicide of comic Robin Williams. A man who was an artistic genius but tormented by drug addictions and other health issues including depression.
Cut Bob some fucking slack and hope that he recovers to be happy and healthy. Capttrips said it well above. It is sad that so many commenters would be graceless.

Bill August 11, 2014, 22:29:50

I agree capttrips. It’s very sad.

Pete August 11, 2014, 22:42:14

Bob Weir is not going down to drugs. He’ll kick this.

thomas kent August 11, 2014, 23:16:27

I am saddened by some of the posts on here. The lack of compassion from people is very disappointing. It is very easy to criticize people. I hope people can pray for this human being’s healing.

Nicklas Millner August 12, 2014, 01:06:41

First, no man knows anothers pain(rip,RW)Second, the opiates create a senerio of their own….and the body forgets how to battle PAIN.Sadly the ware and shread they dish out sucks,too,which makes the body seek relief.Sounds like hes on the “long road”, and I wish him a smooth journey.

soldier August 12, 2014, 03:21:44

A conjuror’s fate indeed… Comes a Time.

Pete Schieck August 12, 2014, 08:14:12

Wow. Did any of you actually ever do psychedelics? Nitrous, mushrooms, LSD, AND weed are all psychedelic, no matter what the chemistry. And you folks talk like you’ve never been there. Fact.

Pete Schieck August 12, 2014, 08:15:37

He doesn’t sound sick. Sounds like you’re the boss with the monkey on y’all’s backs.

Pete Schieck August 12, 2014, 08:17:25

Obviously, y’all are the deciding force. Thank goodness real folks don’t give a shit about yer trippin

Pete Schieck August 12, 2014, 08:24:32

Rich folks talking about rich folks. Bound to be fuckkn censorship.

Pete Schieck August 12, 2014, 08:40:49

How’s that marketing glass ceiling going for y’all, again?

Wharf Rat 99 August 12, 2014, 10:06:52

Bob Weir is a genuinely fine human being. I had a friend that knew him personally and I got to hang out with Bob in his house in Mill Valley a few times. Very mellow, very friendly, very nice guy.
He may have run into some rough times around addiction (what member of the Dead or DeadHead hasn’t? – probably in the 90%)...
That’s GRATEFUL DEAD KARMA... in action….
If so, wish him well in conquering that BEAST..
Look at what just happened to comic genius Robin Williams.. Addicition is a SERIOUS bitch and it WILL kill you, whatever chance you give it.
As a long time deadhead with 26 years of sobriety under my belt, all I can say is Bobby, Here’s hoping you and anyone else in need:
FIND GOD...
FIND BUDDHA...
FIND SHIVA...
and find the courage to WORK to let THAT grow…
But find SOMETHING so you don’t have to keep knocking yourself into unconsciousness with substances…
I enjoyed Furthur the last few years and would love to see them again with everyone in the band in top form.
Wishing the entire Grateful Dead family happiness, health and wholeness…
“Fare you well…Fare you well…
I love you more than words can tell…
Listen to the river sing sweet songs..
to rock my soul…”
Peace!

Jerry and Friends August 12, 2014, 13:29:49

Just visited with Bobby at hospital .. he asked that we bring him the large 10 inch deep dictionary he has in his study .. he said he wants to continue .. to continue .. uhm ..
that’s right ... “to continue Writing! ... he said.
That’s right .. he wants to continue “writing” while in treatment…
and he said : do NOT open it !!
... just put in the bottom of his large suitcase and bring it in via the freight entrance and he asked for some water glasses too…
Man, This thing weighs like 30 lbs !!
He said re-hab is boring as hell and that he sure could use a few drinks, a couple of bong hits and a percocet or 2 (every 4 hours as needed) to level out his pain and anxiety… I think he is just sleep deprived and could be back on board in a week or so …
Rally Bobby !! Rally !

Darcie August 13, 2014, 00:08:46

Bobby,
I wish you healing light at this time!
Take all the time needed because you have always been worth the wait! “THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE DEADHEADS”
From: The gal that danced with you to Josephine in the early 80’s at Park West in Chicago! Peace & love. See you in 2015 ❤

Tim Murphy August 13, 2014, 01:22:13

I really hope that the people badmouthing Bobby feel good. The man could be suffering a physical or mental illness and all you can do is tear him down. I’m almost certain that none of you experienced Bob with the Grateful Dead singing a killer Jack Straw opener or a powerful Let It Grow or Throwing Stones. Instead, you’d rather tear down a man who has played music for over 45 years and made millions happy and GRATEFUL!!! You suck the life out of what is a beautiful entity and a person who has put his person, soul, and health on the line to make “US” happy!
Find something about yourself to criticize and leave Bob alone you haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (~);}

Delilah August 13, 2014, 09:26:53

Bobby, Your a Little Red Rooster who’s needed back in the barnyard! Haaaaa – Haaaa
I will hear you echoing through the Valley at Alpine in East Troy Wisconsin for the rest of my life. Get well soon Ace, we need you more than you know! Love, peace & healing light! ❤ Darcie

BobbyA August 13, 2014, 12:07:46

I wish you the best and a good recovery. I’ve been a fan since 77 and enjoyed watching you grow musically. Do whatever it takes to get well, and if that requires no shows for some period of time, or for the rest of your life, amen to that. You’ve given much and enjoyed the ride; you don’t owe fans anything.

bob August 15, 2014, 18:34:32

take until next april to get your health back bob. it is sooo much FUN at a further show. it’s the only time that i will BEG. i had to beg these 2 jerks sitting in front of me at the first boston show last summer to SHUT THE F—- UP during Miss. 1/2 Step. thankfully they did. i love “cross the Rio G.” Good luck Ace!!

yelnick mc wawa August 16, 2014, 11:46:03

First of all Hey weir get better old man. I am not one these poser’s on this page i don’t have to be. It seems like people who have posted on this page are real young and trying to make something out of what is just life of a 70 year old musician who is doing what he should be doing PLAYING MUSIC. How do some people call the music that ratdog has been playing great? I feel sorry for people who pay to see this shit, and the people who pay to see furthur and phil and his kids and neighbors, as well as the last 5 years of The Grateful Dead . I think what it comes down to is these people never got to see when the music was real and the scene was real, back when you could get good drugs if you ran low and there was still 8 shows left on the tour, rip-offs did not exist. Garcia had black hair, tickets cost $7 bucks and you could get them at the door. The days between ,easy answers, wave to the wind,liberty,samba in the fucking rain,eternity what was all that lame going thru the motion shit about? I was very fortunate to have seen the shows and travel they way we did. The music did play the band. Nothing personal everybody but after reading all the other posts we were so fortunate to catch a ton of shows from ’77 until brent passed because after we lost brent The Grateful Dead went south incredibly fast. Was it just our group of friends that could not hear garcia’s guitar? or when he was always resting on his guitar? In all my years and all my miles on the ground in the air or on trains The Grateful Dead experience i lived would not be traded for a million bux. To all who still go to see phil and weir,mickey and billy you guys need to play better with your friends there is to much negativity,bad dope, thieves. Be careful where you put yourselves. You can’t get back the time when the music was worth listening to so dig whatever it is the band is puttin out. Take care of each other.

Aaron D. August 17, 2014, 22:11:41

Ragstone, I was at the Red Rocks show. Bobby and Ratdog were great, as were the Avett Brothers. Regarding your comment about the NPR listening soccer moms, you might want to think twice about your own stereotypical assumptions about who knows what about what. It seems to me that an important message of this music has always been to not make assumptions about others by the way they look or what they listen to on the radio. Aaron

Bobby's Kid August 21, 2014, 12:23:39

the chicken cutlet at lenny’s is making my girlfriend squirt

RAZ August 21, 2014, 22:57:46

Thanks for everything Bobby. Take as much time as you need; you have given me many lifetimes worth of enjoyment. Love you forever. Richard

Andrew Harris August 22, 2014, 00:18:33

Everyone at the Peachfest was understanding and lots of support for bob. In fact the campground was a Weir love fest, my neighbors played his solo albums all weekend. He gives and gives for years to the cause and needs a break(for whatever reasons). I applaud and hoot because its been one long kick ass traveling jam spaceship he has been steering. i banish all you rotten ego freaks who dare make assumptions and judgements about the Chief. Your banned from the family for defying the cardinal rule: NOT FADE AWAY!!!

tony August 26, 2014, 11:17:17

best news all week.

Larry E.Smith September 5, 2014, 09:47:56

Bob,I wish you get what ever you need ,to feel whole again, I’m sending you unconditional Love and all good things sometimes take time,If I don’t get in touch again soon,wish you a “Happy Birthday on The 16th of October,again be Well and Love and good Thoughts to you and your Family. Larry in Santa Rosa,California

Larry "The Deadhead"Smith September 29, 2014, 10:21:41

Bob, you soooo deserve a real break!!!, I hope you heal what may ail you , Bury the Hacket’s if that’s the case with the core band , perhaps come up with some new tunes and pretty jams ,like Sage & Spirit or a pretty Supplication in all due time I guess ,Be Well and remember were all sending you good energy ~ Larry

Larry "The Deadhead"Smith September 29, 2014, 10:22:30

Sense August 11, 2014, 09:15:06

Sending positive thoughts and prayers to Bobby. Take as much time as is needed to get happy and healthy.

jim hitzke August 11, 2014, 09:28:29

If anyone saw the ogden show like i did,bobby showed no signs of drug abuse or drinking that night.in fact he seemed amd the band to be in total sync. Next to ratdog at mishawaka this was tied with that as the best ratdog show me and my friends ever saw. Whatever is going on ,heres love and good thoughts.

Northmann12 August 11, 2014, 09:29:22

Bobby … do what you need to do to get healthy. There’s way too much music to be played, love to be shared and experiences to be lived ahead! I’m a veteran of many Dead shows 77 thru 95. Last year I took my 17 year old metal head son to see Further in New Hampshire. From the first note of Scarlet he was on his feet dancing and he didn’t sit down until after the encore. That night expanded his universe forever to include a love of the Dead and the music and vibe of all its family. You’ve been blessed with a rare gift that can create that kind of positive influence. My prayer is that you will share that gift for many years to come. We’ve never met but you are my friend …

We Let this Go On August 11, 2014, 09:53:44

For a few years people in many mediums have been lapping up Bobs form of slowing down the music and barely getting out noticeable lyrics. How have people not taken a step back after a Ratdog show and said something is wrong with Bob? He fell on stage and then literally every show I have heard post Further is horrible. Bob barely finding his way into songs, writing setlists that read better in a funeral booklet and having no musicians good enough to save the leader as he reads off the teleprompter or tries to. Part of me that loves Bob, blames the people who lap up Ratdog from 2008 on, when its been so clear Bob is out of his mind. At Mountain Jam he literally was placed on the stage and looked like a confused whino playing Race is On with another act. Fans are fans, and generally arent sober at Ratdog shows, so they are willing to take anything. Problem is the recordings of the shows show a band that is playing at a high school level. Steve and Robyn and those guys certainly wear the dunce cap because they are all veterans and didn’t care as long as they got paid. Many times I have seen Ratdog recordings or shows where Steve and Jeff are laughing at Bob and his mistakes. I guess they were just laughing and taking that paycheck they cannot get on their own from a drunk blind man who doesn’t need the money like them. At least they were enjoying the ride.

the stranger August 11, 2014, 10:08:56

Wish you well Bobby…have only seen one Ratdog show…Weinberg in Frederick Md…thank you…call down thunder and speak the same.

mushroom August 11, 2014, 10:12:30

I heard his heart rate was slower than the tempo to Easy Answers.

David Goodemote August 11, 2014, 10:12:56

Get well Bob! Love your music.

Willie's mom August 11, 2014, 10:13:18

Good grief, folks. The man is not getting any younger! Give him the same consideration you will expect when you get to be his age. Sadly, drugs and alcohol are not the only things that change behavior.
In the meantime, thanks for the memories!

kevinE. August 11, 2014, 10:26:47

just another washed-up,burnt-out old hippy…. The Dead’s music is mediocre at best. Grow up and get real jobs….....

Deadhead August 11, 2014, 10:34:23

Thank you Capttrips! I couldn’t have said it better. There are posers who feel that because they have been to 300+ shows it makes them authorities on all things Dead. I know people who never saw the GD and embody the Deadhead spirit better than them. I have a friend that used to say that without Bobby the Grateful Dead would have never rocked! Get well Bobby.

hank lawler August 11, 2014, 10:47:35

geez..I saw you as the Warlocks not so long long ago..man, take care and good health to all.

Jim Stavola August 11, 2014, 10:50:14

More than likely a health issue, as to what who knows. We actually don’t even know if its related to Bob himself but most likely it is in that Furthur stuff is off the boards also. It could be somebody of his family. What is remarkable is the nasty comments here as DEAD music or BOB himself. Hiding behind a keyboard and sending out hate takes no courage. My best wishes no matter what the issue is.

C9 August 11, 2014, 11:06:39

Chronic back pain can often lead to dependence on pain killers and the like. Speculation, of course, but here’s hoping Bob gets well and can continue playing, whatever his current circumstances may be.

Deadman August 11, 2014, 11:10:52

Thank you Capttrips! I couldn’t have said it better myself. There are posers out there who think that because they have been to 300+ shows it makes them authorities on all things Dead. I know people who never saw the Grateful Dead that embody the spirit better than them. I have a friend that used to say without Bobby the GD would have never rocked! Get well Bobby!!!

Michelle August 10, 2014, 13:37:53

Although I am disappointed that we will not be seeing Ratdog as planned this summer; my thoughts and prayers go out to Bob Weir and the Ratdog family. May the four winds blow you safely home.

mooney August 10, 2014, 13:38:36

Not good. Positive vibes guys.

patrick August 10, 2014, 13:41:12

Starting to worry

Marina August 10, 2014, 13:46:23

The Furthur page may not be a reliable source, according to that page, “THIS GROUP IS 100% NON-OFFICIAL and not connected with the band.”

spikenyc August 10, 2014, 13:46:52

What happens now with the CRB tour?

Marina August 10, 2014, 13:47:10

smokinjoe August 10, 2014, 13:54:16

Word comin down through the vine is a big time Family and Friends intervention went down to save Bobbys life from addiction,this no joke,he may never tour again.Show nothing short of love and positive vibes for this man.Dead Forever,Forever Dead

Dean Scarpinato August 10, 2014, 14:00:26

Hey Bobby we’ve had our differences but I love you man. Here’s hoping you’re well. You know that all this life is just a dream. Blessed Be. Forever!

carolinaphil August 10, 2014, 14:00:59

Please get well soon Bob it’s up to you! Time to worry about yourself for awhile . Older people can’t behave like rock stars. Nothing more sad or pitiful than an older person who still doesn’t get it.
OLD DRUNKS ARE DISGUSTING AND NO ONE WANTS TO BE NEAR THEM. (sorry)
Get well before it’s to late my friend.
carolinaphil

chad August 10, 2014, 14:02:13

^^^yeah, i was gonna say, gotta be dope.

Scott Chavarria August 10, 2014, 14:10:38

No matter what problem or illness he is dealing with thoughts and prayers go out to him that he gets healthy. Thanks, for all the good times. Hopefully we will hear good news from him in the near future. God Bless.

Wes Carter August 10, 2014, 14:12:04

Take care of yourself Bobby. We’d rather keep you around for years more, even if it means us missing a great show or two. Life > Music because music is simply an artistic expression of life. No life = no music.

capntrip August 10, 2014, 14:19:54

Thanks for all the good times Bobby and I hope you get back at it when whatever is going on gets dealt with. I will wait for the official word b4 speculating what’s going on.

Augustus West August 10, 2014, 14:21:30

A friend of the Weir family has stated that problems with Bobby’s worsening back have necessitated surgery that will require close to a year of rehabilitation.

Colleen Stock August 10, 2014, 14:21:53

God bless you always. I know you as Curtis by D.Stein in VA. Peace, love and harmony.

Eli Renfro August 10, 2014, 14:23:15

It’s been painfully obvious to anyone who doesn’t purposefully stick their head in the sand that Bob’s been struggling with booze/drugs for the last 5 years or so; this summer’s Ratdog tour was a complete disaster and this announcement shouldn’t come as a surprise to anybody. I hope Bob goes to rehab and takes it seriously and gets the help he needs to restart a healthy and happy lifestyle going forward. Bob and his family will be in our prayers.

Chanda August 10, 2014, 14:24:50

Sending love and positive vibes to Bob and family. We love you more than words can tell… Be well.

J.H.Singleton August 10, 2014, 14:27:34

Can’t help but to thing there’s a very good reason for the cancellations…Let’s just hope it’s not a major health realted one….Keep On Truckin Ratdog

J.H.Singleton August 10, 2014, 14:28:33

Maggie McCurdy August 10, 2014, 14:31:03

I have nothing but feelings of love and wishes for health, happiness and contentedness for Bobby, regardless of the reasons for the tour cancellation. Don’t know gossip from facts yet, but scary that obviously something big is going down.

Tunajon August 10, 2014, 14:33:52

Put hot tuna electric on main stage, and dumpstaphunk. Give Phil and friends two full sets. Get well Bobby.

Jasmine Pussy August 10, 2014, 14:36:44

Blow it out your ass, kids! “Nothing more sad or pitiful than a young person who still doesn’t get it.” And….. “... this summer’s Ratdog tour was a complete disaster…” Right: “Bob Weir and RatDog closed-out the current leg of their latest tour with a powerful three-hour concert in front of a packed house at Denver’s Ogden Theater” less than a month ago. Fuck you know nothings. You have no idea what the problem is. Shut the fuck up until you do.

sondance August 10, 2014, 14:43:48

“immediately and indefinitely” make me want to shine a love light in the direction of Bobby… prayers for whatever is needed….

always grateful August 10, 2014, 14:46:11

Wish you well bobby, thanks for all the years and changing my life. Find your peace man! Catch ya on the 50th!...all the years combine melt into a dream!

Steamroller August 10, 2014, 14:46:18

The GD has always been tight lipped about their issues. I hoped you feel better soon and kick whatever it is that keeps you from doing what you love best.

MikeHemp August 10, 2014, 14:47:00

Excess leads to distress, moderate, medicate and meditate!

Emily Wells August 10, 2014, 14:48:18

Our Love and Support go out to Bobby and his family and friends. He has given us his life’s blood through his music. You haters need to stop. What ever is going on with him needs positive thoughts and prayers of Love and healing. Get well soon Bobby and thanks for all your hard work and love you have given us through all the years.

Surfmom60 August 10, 2014, 14:50:22

The incredible lack of empathy, understanding and total ignorance of the human condition displayed by some posters/posers on this comment board is shocking. Do they only wear earplugs or do they truly not comprehend the words? Whatever steps are necessary for Mr. Weir to take to insure and restore his health will be appreciated by his longtime fans. Take your time Bob and thanks

Lee N August 10, 2014, 14:51:28

damn it. Bobby, do what you have to for your family. Your fans come second.

David August 10, 2014, 14:53:26

Peace Bobby. We all know. 9 months is not a long time. We want you around!!!! U will come back stronger than ever.

Jonesy August 10, 2014, 14:56:23

I cannot believe there are so many haters in this group… Come on people… Bobby has shared so much of his life trying to get everyone to share the love and good vibes that is the Essence of the Grateful Dead community…this is a time for concern and positive vibes …. Here’s hoping you get through whatever is the cause of the hiatus relatively unscathed!!! We love you Bobby take as long as you need… We will get by !

Steve August 10, 2014, 14:58:38

I’m praying for ya Bobby. Get well soon.

CathyC August 10, 2014, 14:58:47

Thoughts and prayers to you Bob and family. Get well soon.

david August 10, 2014, 14:59:31

I agree with Lee N!!!!

Mark Reesbeck August 10, 2014, 15:00:10

Bob, My first show was Englistown in ’77, and I’ve been hooked ever since. I only wish you the best, but most of all, want to thank you for all the memories and joy that you, Jerry, Phil and all the rest of the Dead family have brought to us all. In case you don’t make it back on the road (and I hope you do), I just want to say that I will always be Grateful that you kept it alive.

Ginger August 10, 2014, 15:00:17

One show at a time. Love you Bobby Take care!

Cricket August 10, 2014, 15:06:34

My blessings for a full recovery of whatever is going on. Take care of yourself Bobby!

Stephanie August 10, 2014, 15:09:27

Bob, you have been a piece of my heart for years and I ache about your situation. I pray for complete healing of your body, mind, and soul. Carry on.
As to the misguided mean comments, hey guys…Mean People Suck.

David Rubin August 10, 2014, 15:11:42

I don’t care what the reason is. Bobby, I hope you get the healing you need. I don’t care why. You are a brother. If it’s your back. Ouch. If there was an intervention, it’s because we love you. Take care and love to you brother.

Rusty August 10, 2014, 15:13:23

Sad people on here. It ruined Jambase, but it’s crap like this that made them abandon comments.

charlotte August 10, 2014, 15:17:42

Blessing s to Bobby…for whatever reason, we’ve got his back….he’s been there for us all these years, we can be there for him now

youowebobby August 10, 2014, 15:23:47

Whew…it took 19 years but someone with GDF must have told Bobby running the legacy of the Grateful dead into the ground had to stop. Pathetic wooks kept him on tour too long. Go home hippies, show is over.

William August 10, 2014, 15:32:30

Get well Bobby. BTW Ratdog has been awesome with Kimoch & Bob sounded great.

Jennifer Willett August 10, 2014, 15:35:44

My loving prayers go out to you Bobby and your family.
Please take good care of yourself regardless of what ails you.
Those of us that know you send you peace, love and light always. Thank you for all you continue to give us. Hugs.

Norm August 10, 2014, 15:38:54

Let’s look at this for a moment. You have family that live here. Phil, Mickey, and Bill. Then you have family that lives there. Jerry, Bret, Pigpen, Keith. Where would want to be?

Linda August 10, 2014, 15:39:03

Love~ Peace~ Happiness~

sunny p August 10, 2014, 15:41:43

prayers, peace and healing energy to all ..

Mike August 10, 2014, 15:41:47

Feels like rehab….that missed Vegas show was kind of ominous. Was so looking forward to Jamaica!! Bob, get better.

diana hersh August 10, 2014, 15:48:20

My first show as 1975 and I have been a fan ever since.
Thank you for your music and showmanship; you are so fun to watch! I send you nothing but love and healing and joy. You kept us entertained after Jerry passed and what a blessing that has been. LOVE is all there is, was and will ever be.
Your music said it all my old friend Bobby! xo diana

FromFinlander August 10, 2014, 15:49:18

Shocking news, I’ve been listening dead since ’74, but never seen them alive (they never visited our country). Hope Bob will be again with us, ‘one way or another’. Peace and all good wishes to you and yoyr family from Finland.

Jerryhickman August 10, 2014, 15:51:49

Love you Bobby please take care of yourself !!!!!

Blooby August 10, 2014, 15:53:28

I’m pretty shocked as well by some of the negative assumptions and general lack of empathy. The Internet sure does stink when it comes to things like this. I hope whatever the issue is in the Ratdog camp passes quickly.

taarven August 10, 2014, 15:56:38

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. Bob, we all love ya. Do what you feel is best.

Dawn August 10, 2014, 16:00:42

I, too, cannot believe the negativity I am reading here. This is devastating news and the only posts should be of concern and best wishes. To all the people that are posting negatively, please take a close look at your own life. Will always love you Bob! Best of luck to you!

carol August 10, 2014, 16:01:48

....if you don’t get it, get off our train. There’s no need for bashing and negativity. The Dead have been in there for US for a long trip. The remaining members have been giving us what we wanted. Now Bobby needs our good vibes and thoughts. Spew your unkindness somewhere else
.....

carol August 10, 2014, 16:01:49

.....

carol August 10, 2014, 16:01:51

.....

meanmrkite August 10, 2014, 16:04:02

all love to Bob Weir… Reach out your hand if your cup be empty, If your cup is full may it be again,

grateful908 August 10, 2014, 16:10:35

Bob, you’re in my prayers & as I’ve always done, You’re in my good thoughts. Thank You AGAIN for 42 years of life changing happiness… It’s time Bob, you know the answer. Take it slow and easy. You’re best days are ahead, so keep looking forward. See ya when I see ya, Bob. Peace Out.Love ya, Bro.

David August 10, 2014, 16:14:48

Take your time Bobby. You know we love you!!! All good things, in all good time!

Jake August 10, 2014, 16:20:12

I take it as this means no peach fest this Friday? Get well Bobby. All positive energy to ya brother.

OG August 10, 2014, 16:22:54

Wheel to the storm and fly.

carolinaphil August 10, 2014, 16:33:22

Been on this bus 40+ years . This has been going on and off for awhile as heard from many family/staff members of Bobs and Phil’s camps over the years. I stick by my first post for anyone that needs help , not just Bob. I love Bob Weir and are praying he and his family… carolinaphil

Benj August 10, 2014, 16:36:12

This news comes the day after Jerry’s passing day…

Twirlgrrl August 10, 2014, 16:46:23

Love you Bobby, thanks for everything, be well and see you soon.

Shelley Johnson McKenzie August 10, 2014, 17:02:28

God bless you and keep you well. Sending my love your way as you take care of yourself . Taking the time you need is always the best choice.

Jack August 10, 2014, 17:04:36

Hang in there Bobby. You know our love will not fade away.

912-8-7e-273-4 August 10, 2014, 17:06:21

thank god DJ Damage hasn’t shown up, best wishes to bob and family, many good vibes to a legend

Pete W August 10, 2014, 17:16:34

Well this is the best thing that could ever happen. Hitting bottom is a wonderful thing. Either you get this or you don’t but nothing mean spirited is meant by what I say. It’s not ok to see someone who is barely alive being cheered on and encouraged to give sub-par performances – I’ve seen it before and it did not end well. Nobody cheats death physically or spiritually. Nobody is above addiction. Some of the most brilliant people in the world were and are garden variety drunks and addicts. It all makes sense and Bobby can actually do this differently than others – he can come out the other side. He has help from beyond and he needs your help right here.

DJ Damage August 10, 2014, 17:17:58

The DJ too has a heart. This is neither the time or the place. Get well Bob, nothing funny here

Tom Oliver August 10, 2014, 17:18:24

Hope all in the band and family are well. God bless.

Chris Pearson August 10, 2014, 17:20:23

I’m with Jasmine, f all the haters, I too was @ the Ogden for the 3 hour set & it was unbelievable! As a matter of fact, I’m listening to it now. Whatever’s going on is nobody’s business but B’s & those around him… I have close friends with tics to FL shows, btw & I feel their pain…but let’s just wait & hope that Once in a while we can get shone the light in the strangest of places, if we look @ it right…
Show some love for this man people…

dubs August 10, 2014, 17:22:52

Bob, I know you’re monitoring this board because everyone keeps talking to you here. Anyway, if that show at Mountain Jam is any indication of your musical inclinations/prospects, this is probably for the best, that effort was not worthy of your legacy and can only diminish your reputation. Like a ratdog that’s gotten sick, I’d like to remember some of your better days, not your apparent demise. When Gov’t Mule took the stage the next night, I was reminded of just how bad your set was and why I got an early jump home, that night. Don’t dismay though, The Allman Brothers were not much better. Your guest appearance with The Smashing Turtles for The Race is On was pretty sweet, that type of minimum commitment might be more your speed should you beat whatever you got. Good Luck !

Myself August 10, 2014, 17:30:13

get well Bobby Ace,..... Goin back home that’s what I’m gonna do!!!!

fivedog August 10, 2014, 17:32:41

Bobby….
you are a National Treasure….please take care of your Spirit. You are Loved….and appreciated deeply. you can do this Bobby….!

lusty August 10, 2014, 17:35:48

Get better Bob

Jack Straw August 10, 2014, 17:37:32

Take it easy, Mr. H. Get well and do it all on your terms.

lusty August 10, 2014, 17:38:13

Get better Bob We Love You, The Family peace

mike G August 10, 2014, 17:40:38

Hey now Bob. Time to take care of u. The band has taken care of our needs for decades. Now its your turn to be taken care of. Rest up my friend.been way too long at sea

David Rubin August 10, 2014, 17:42:07

My guess is family used the ominous and sad nature of August 9th to drive home how much we all love Bobby and don’t want to lose him. If they had to do an intervention, well thank you for saving his life.

Iain August 10, 2014, 17:46:42

Unbelievable how some people are so busy throwing stones. Bob, my brother wishing you all the best with whatever challenges you face. Nothing is more important than life itself. I cherish all the great, fun and beautiful moments you and the guys have shared with me. To all the tabloid, celluloid people your storm is coming you just don’t know it yet, cuz that’s a part of life. No one is immune, yours may be different but you will have problems. Maybe next time you’ll show some compassion for a fellow human being.

Yevgeny Yoslobitch August 10, 2014, 17:55:38

Please remember, these are folks whose hearts you love, which is why they are different. Shower them with care and remember they are also family. The difference lies in the trust. A legacy of trust. -YoSloBith

Marian Schilling August 10, 2014, 18:05:16

No matter what challenges you face, God is bigger and will make a way to escape. May He bless and keep you always in the hollow of His mighty hand. We love you more than words can tell.

Ian August 10, 2014, 18:07:14

I’m going home whoa baby back where I belong back home where I can rest my bones and get back truckin on. Get well soon Bobby.

PeteO August 10, 2014, 18:08:21

Love you Bob!

Rick James August 10, 2014, 18:16:26

If this a serious situation involving Bobs health NO ONE should be saying anything negative. Whether it was a intervention or some other health problem. This man has given us all a great gift for over 50 years. Jerry died because he refused to get healthy and get off the road. Bobby thank you so much for everything man.

David R. August 10, 2014, 18:23:45

He’s Rick JAMES, bitch! And I agree. Thank You Bobby. You don’t owe me anything. Be with your family. Rest, exercise, meditate, eat healthy, and get yourself clean! Love!

Joshua Katt August 10, 2014, 18:26:27

Life on the the road in and GENERAL boils down to eating, drinking, buzzing, live music then blowing ones load (in hopefully a young thing). God bless Bobby for keep on keeping on. God bless him, the male wiener has a separate mind even at his age. Please get well and ditch everything but Furthur!!!

steve August 10, 2014, 18:26:46

you know ,you might not want to hear it ,but Bob is human!!not a machine,for the ones in this world that want what they want NOW,its the I want it now and dont care about anything eles,well what ever the case may be ,put your thumbs back in your mouth and just wait untill BOB gets his shit together,PEACE

Delilah Jones August 10, 2014, 18:27:45

Iko and I love you more than words can tell, Bobby. Weir missing you already and can’t wait to see you get better. Lots of family dawgs sick or hospitalized latey, but we’ve nailed the retread to our feet and are praying for better weather. Sending love bolts and grateful blessings your way always

Tatonka August 10, 2014, 18:31:05

Seems like all those years with robin Sylvester have caught up with him. This video will explain it all http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9BBorkoMHSY

Delilah Jones August 10, 2014, 18:40:58

PS – hope to say it to your face soon (and more than this I will not ask), but thank you for a real good time. 💙Light and Targod Weiracles (NFA);} ❤Never fade away dream❤ :D :D :D

ronbriand August 10, 2014, 18:47:40

Be well Bobby. Your life is more important to us than tour dates. We love you brother.

thegratefuldeadsource August 10, 2014, 19:01:31

Please pray for Bobby and send him good vibes and positive energy. Hope to see him in 2015! : )

Pizzaman August 10, 2014, 19:45:21

I find it very hard to believe that a man has been in this business for 50 years and never succumbed to the perils of narcotics now all of a sudden has a problem.

cleobeo August 10, 2014, 19:47:24

Just saw Bobby & Ratdog at Red Rocks, it was the first time I got to see him play but my parents raised me on the Grateful Dead so it’s deeply rooted in my heart. It was a beautiful show. They “opened” for the Avett Bros, and blew the bros outta the water. Ratdog is genuine, heartfelt, and after that, the bros felt like a gimmick (no disrespect- just two different things). All the love for you, Bobby ~ you’ve got all of our healing, loving energy with you. So much respect. Be well my friend :)

koda morningstar August 10, 2014, 19:53:38

Dear Mr. Weir Although I am sad I will not get the chance to see you this summer, I hope that whatever the case may be for the cancellations that you recieve all the love and support you need to overcome it and come back stronger than ever. There are so many people out there that are right behind you man. One way or another, this darkness has got to give

Bill McCleaf August 10, 2014, 19:54:48

I’ve been a Deadhead for 40 years and the people who wrote some of these comments should be ashamed of themselves. True Deadheads should be sending nothing but Peace Love and Harmony! No negative karma. Spread your love light and let it shine down on Bob. For our love should not fade away! Isn’t that what they Dead taught us? Best wishes to you Bob, I wish you nothing but good karma. My positive love and thoughts for you will not fade away. Thanks a lot man for all you have shared.
Hippie Bill
Pine Island Florida

koda morningstar August 10, 2014, 19:55:38

Mole August 10, 2014, 20:13:02

Get Well Bobby!! We will miss you on tour this summer but your health is THE most important thing to worry about today. To hell with everything else. Get better, buddy. That’s the ONLY thing that counts!
And BTW, thank you Bobby for not forgetting your Massachusetts fans. We’ll be here when you are ready. As for the CRB...Chris! Listen Up! Pick up the whole tour with 2 sets each night for the CRB!!! We need to send the cosmic and positive vibes Bobby’s way and the CRB is just what the doctor ordered!! Do it!

Bobaffa August 10, 2014, 20:22:54

To the entire Weir family, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kevin Maedel August 10, 2014, 20:22:54

I saw over 120 dead shows and just saw Rat Dog at the Greek. They were amazing. Please wait before we assume it is drugs and booze. He may have health issues. I respect and admire Bob Weir and send out my best wishes for a speedy recovery. He made me smile so many times rockin the stage. I simply say god bless you Mr. Weir!

Dick August 10, 2014, 20:26:34

I do hope Bob gets well before becoming the next Pigpen, Brent, Jerry or nameless Deadhead (probably more than most would care to admit) six-feet under. Perhaps, this will inspire some folks to clean-up themselves. Biggest “jamband scene” lies: 1. Drugs are an essential means to musical and spiritual “enlightenment”.
2. The (insert band name) are pushing the boundaries of improvised music.

Amy August 10, 2014, 20:41:17

Good luck Bobby! You were amazing at the Melody Tent in Hyannis this summer…. I love you more then words can tell! Go back to Mill Valley and rest with your family:-) You are in my dreams often…. Your songs are my sweet lullabies…. such a huge part of my heart! Thank you for a life of beautiful music!

Pam Vanderslice August 10, 2014, 20:49:52

Thank you Bobby….for a real good time!!!!! NFA......

Pam Vanderslice August 10, 2014, 20:51:25

Thank you Bobby….for a real good time!!!!! NFA......

Cyndi August 10, 2014, 21:02:27

Love to you Bobby & your family…...Thoughts & prayers are with you all everyday! Stay strong Bobby! Much love!

Jgbkids August 10, 2014, 21:04:47

Bobby,ur voice ,playin and vibe uplifts people to the highest levels of inspiration and connection to the great spirit. Whatever’s going on u can beat it we all can if that’s what we need ….Love is the best medicine, thanks for so many great times , the best is always yet to come

Marley A August 10, 2014, 21:12:53

Get well Bobby.

Heady_Owl August 10, 2014, 21:13:40

Get well, Bobby. Love ya.

jammin August 10, 2014, 21:14:44

Bring on the walkers !!!!!

DJ Gero August 10, 2014, 21:20:51

Carolinaphil, you honesty is refreshing, now drop dead.

MartyParty August 10, 2014, 21:24:25

Ace, much love, hope you get better real soon, whatever your troubles are. And, for what it’s worth, time to shave that damn beard! I want to see that handsome face and some cut offs next summer!

Vince August 10, 2014, 21:31:49

May a deep peace wash over you and heal your body and soul. Love, peace, joy!

Hillary August 10, 2014, 21:33:20

I’m sending out all my best positive healing vibes your way, Bobby! We all love you and want you and yours to be happy and healthy. May the universe bless and keep you and all that you hold dear. With much peace and love, Always!

Matt August 10, 2014, 21:45:06

Small wheel turns by the fire and rod. Big wheel turns by the grace of god. Everytime that wheel goes round bound to cover just a little more ground. BOUND TO COVER JUST A LITTLE MORE GROUND. Get well Bobby.

Matt August 10, 2014, 21:47:20

fukbobby August 10, 2014, 21:58:44

bobby sold his soul a long time ago for the money…hes always been a speeder and addiction sux for any of us..but hes a tool and all u guys sucking him off are pure custis

Halfrican Blasian August 10, 2014, 22:05:36

bobby was on fire drunk lately, but who cares. Let him party and let him roll. Why you think he plays Like a Rolling Stone. Give him some Cocaine and he will wake up and truck on. He’s invincible and younger than Phil. He fell on stage like a man let him fall in life. You all are pussy garbage.

JAnE August 10, 2014, 22:22:51

D

mulebyrd August 10, 2014, 22:29:45

after all these years. we still love you bobby no matter what. forever young in our eyes. personally I juss got sober after 25 years of booze and narcotics. blood infection in my heart basically gave me no choice. I don’t know wat weir been doin but a lot times its either get sober or die ! ! !

Butifyougottawarrant August 10, 2014, 22:33:42

This man played an integral role in a generational shift of consciousness…..a deeply positive shift. Anything but the positiveness that he embodied now, should and will be ignored. Get well Bobby, there’s tremendous love surrounding your now:)

Barbara noel August 10, 2014, 22:36:48

Bobby my heart aches knowing that youhave struggles right now i hope for the best for you cAuse you have giving me so much without even knowing it keep the faith . i will

Tim Espinoza August 10, 2014, 22:37:18

Love..Peace…Good Lovin….Prayers..

orgsunshn August 10, 2014, 22:39:20

has anyone posting negative comments done better than him in music, business, or life? Relax and get well Bobby…........thanks for all the miles of smiles…....

jack August 10, 2014, 22:55:39

Well sometimes it takes what it takes and he will be the only one who knows if he’s had enough.there is a solution and I hope for him he tries to find it

Joanie August 10, 2014, 22:59:06

Sending love to Bobby

bigpoppa3920 August 10, 2014, 23:10:59

Be well Bobby! Best wishes and positive vibes comin to ya brother!! Thanks for the music and hope to see you back out there real soon!!

Diane August 10, 2014, 23:26:24

I’ve been at many shows beginning in 1971 and backstage beginning soon after, including New Haven in 1976. As a long time fan who has always found joy in the music, I also know what it’s like to grow older and have “issues.“l Be well, old friend.

Keith Juceam August 10, 2014, 23:28:36

Healing vibes to Bobby , please Matt, take care of this man, we don’t need him onstage , we need him alive, and healthy!

Meredith August 10, 2014, 23:45:30

Sending happy healing thoughts your way. Keep smiling and stay strong !!!

Barrie August 11, 2014, 00:13:20

Can’t wait until the announce the return of Ratdog next year. I’ll be the first on line to buy tix!!

Tim tremal August 11, 2014, 00:20:10

I new something like this would happen at some point! He can’t keep this up… It’s gota have something to do with his health. Hope all it we’ll god bless, get back on the road in 2015 and do a further world tour and stop the bullsh8ting around and give the fans what they want. Anyway tedeschi trucks band are on the road right now go see them one of the best bands playing real good live music way better then fish! Jef beck is on the road right now check him out!

Tim tremal August 11, 2014, 00:22:19

Love you like a brother bobby! :) stop drinking. Keep you in my prayers.

Brian August 11, 2014, 00:36:41

Love you Brother Bob!!!! Get well and continue to sooth our souls with your music! Got a hug from you in Mexico at Paradise Waits and that meant a lot to me ! hang in there man!

JerseyPaul August 11, 2014, 01:14:38

If you ask me, Bobby is “...bound to cover just a little more ground…”

sampsonsmb August 11, 2014, 02:10:59

Vibes . . .

CD Thompson August 11, 2014, 02:28:51

When someone in my family falls ill we take a knee and pray for them which is what I will do. Bob much love and light to you … I wish you good health and a full recovery.

Mary Tassone August 11, 2014, 02:36:16

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you all what a great person Bob Weir is, no matter what (it seems that most of you know this on one level, I am just adding to the love), also Mickey Hart.
In 2001 a friend of mine was dying from ALS, in Sonoma County. She was a long time Dead Head, 350 + shows. Bob and Mickey learned of her and came to her bedside and played for her and shared their love and goodness, I will never forget this and share every chance I get.
Whatever is happening I have only good thoughts for all of them.

MarZaPhiGar August 11, 2014, 02:58:38

Coincidentally, and a tad ironocally, I viewed a clip of Bobby and Wass ftrom 1990 on David Sanborn’s awesome old late-nite show Night Music (anybody ‘memba that shit?) Anyway, I was struck at seeing the beardless & fit guy I used to take for granted as I was growing up in the scene. The ironoc part was their song selection of “Victim or the Crime.” I can only imagine how shocked and horrified he would have been back then if he had a crystal ball. If this scene takes our heroes, what chance do the rest of us have?

Mr. X August 11, 2014, 03:08:32

I’m not surprised. I hope he gets help for his alcoholism and drug addiction. But it’s all up to him.

lammybear August 11, 2014, 04:04:26

Wow! Didn’t you sh*t sipping haters ever hear “If you don’t have anything nice to say, keep your man-pleasers shut”?
Bobby, peace and love to you. Thank you for the “long strange trip” and the peeks behind the curtain.

craig anderson August 11, 2014, 04:22:05

I just want to know the truth. then we can help

Dr. Bob August 11, 2014, 07:49:41

Jasmie Pussy is spot on. We don’t know so we should not speculate. Be hopeful.

Augest West August 11, 2014, 08:22:01

When someone as dedicated to music as Bob is and says, Hey I need to stop maybe for a while or maybe for good this is no joking matter. There is something very wrong and all I can say is 1, don’t be selfish,2 Pray for the man’s heath and well being, 3 We all know that he wouldn’t do this if it were not very much needed. So in closing lets wish Bob Weir our best in saying THANK YOU BOB For all the time and music you have given us over the past 45 years. Thank you for your dedication, professionalism and performances over all that time also. Be well, Stay healthy and I myself care more then ever that you live another 30 years if not just to say, Hey he’s still with us thank God.

Maria August 11, 2014, 08:41:47

Take your time Bob and get well I hope.. You have always given your best to all..Big hugs and Good Vibes are being sent your way..

jason August 11, 2014, 08:50:36

hopefully he can get though this ,get healthy and bring us some good music next year .see ya soon brother

tydybri August 11, 2014, 09:01:32

We aaaalll miss him Bob, don’t make us aaaall miss you tooo! Better to be here to see what happens next, and see all the smiles that bloom from the roots you all so deeply planted!

capttrips August 11, 2014, 09:02:57

As a true Deadhead with well over 200 shows under my belt to read some of these comments makes me sick to my stomach. To wish a 66 year old man, who has dedicated his entire adult life to bringing joy and peace to thousands, anything but health and prosperity is pretty fucking sad. You aren’t true Deadheads you’re just dead in your head.

NKP August 11, 2014, 09:06:42