Published: 2014/08/20

Phish to Release A Picture of Nectar on Vinyl

Phish will release their third full-length LP, A Picture of Nectar, on vinyl on September 16. The record was previously available as a special release during the band’s three-night run at Randall’s Island. The limited edition deluxe 2-LP vinyl set will be available via Phish Dry Goods and stores across the country. The LE Deluxe 2-LP vinyl set is limited to 7,500 individually numbered copies. Pre-orders are currently ongoing.

A Picture of Nectar was recorded in 1991 at White Crow Studios in the band’s hometown of Burlington, VT and served as the major label debut with Elektra Records. The title serves as homage to Nectar Rorris, the owner of Nectar’s in Burlington where Phish played often in the 80s. The album went on to be certified gold. Among the sixteen tracks on the album, “Chalk Dust Torture,” “Tweezer,” “Stash” and “Cavern” have all become Phish live staples, as well as other tracks like “Llama,” “The Mango Song” and “Poor Heart.”

Currently, Phish is off the road as they prepare for their annual three-night run at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park in Denver, CO.

Comments

Ryan August 20, 2014, 15:36:01

Great band, good album. Absolutely ludicrous to charge 49 bucks though. I don’t care if only 7500 of em are pressed, 49 bucks is a just wrong. I don’t like to buy records just as collectors pieces, I buy them for function….

Dennis McKenna August 20, 2014, 16:21:39

This album sounds like Abbey Road when compared to Fuego

Dave the slave August 20, 2014, 17:36:31

And Phish makes Yoko Ono sound like Pink Floyd. Yep Phish fans they are just stealing your money. Go take some Molly and chill.

PhillyCash August 20, 2014, 17:40:13

Initially I saw the words Vinyl and Picture of Nectar and immediately had to service myself at my cubicle. Something about getting that pressed Record in my hand that sounds significantly worse than high end digital files makes me excited. The deal comes in the bargain of a fifty buck record. When I think of a record price for a reissued album that sold barely any copies since Phish is a live act, I think five or ten thousand bucks. Look at this deal of fifty bucks from the guys who have net worths approaching 100 million dollars each. After one of their best tours in history that featured a “record” that should be religated to recycled toilet paper over vinyl, they have come and dished us the deal of a century. Boooooyahhhhhhh

Puppy McFarland August 20, 2014, 19:19:16

Supply & demand. Makes perfect sense to me. Will be picking up a copy.

Tellsemlikeismellsem!!!! August 21, 2014, 10:26:05

All you Coupon-Sally’s need to stop bitching. Life costs money. What do you do when you are at one of these huge ampitheaters and some dude walks by selling 12 dollar tallboys of pbr? Sit there with your arms crossed and bitch about the price? Glad I’m not going to the show with you cheap assholes. You all mutherfuckers need to mount the fuck up and start crushing harder if you want to call yourselves fans. It’s no secret that having a phish habit ain’t cheap. Get over it. The reward is endless. Save the fuck up. For most of us, phish happens in one or two big blowouts a year whether it be a 3 day weekend or an 8 show run. Stack chips. Splurge. If you want the vinyl press of this great album, than fucking buy it!!!! 49 bucks ain’t gonna keep Timmy from getting his legs this Christmas but it may make you look like Scrooge Mcfuck when you bitch about the cost… I bought the album. Thanks phish. Can’t wait to pet the shit out of that nice slipcase, put it on my shelf after listening to it once, and probably never listen to it again…..