Published: 2014/08/26

Neil Young Files For Divorce from Pegi Young

Neil Young has filed for divorce from Pegi Young, his wife of 36 years. Rolling Stone reports that the legendary singer-songwriter filed a petition for dissolution of marriage in their hometown of San Mateo, CA. The magazine also claims that a hearing is scheduled for December 12.

Young first met Pegi, who also performs with her own band The Survivors and has collaborated with her husband on numerous occasions, while she was working as a waitress near his California ranch. The story of their introduction is outlined in Young’s 1992 song “Unknown Legend,” one of many songs inspired by Pegi.

In addition to their musical collaborations, Neil and Pegi Young also co-founded The Bridge School together in 1986. The pair have funded the school, which provides education for students with severe physical impairments, with an annual, star-studded benefit concert.

Both Neil and Pegi are scheduled to perform at the upcoming Farm Aid concert in Raleigh, NC on September 13.

Comments

Leroy August 26, 2014, 18:04:38

Damn, that is too bad.
I hoped they would stick together.
Sometimes Neil acts like a fool

Strop Stabler August 26, 2014, 18:11:45

Bitch tryin’ to get that PONO money!

Greg Mulehead August 26, 2014, 18:34:07

36 years? Damn! Never too late I guess.

Greg Mulehead August 26, 2014, 18:34:13

36 years? Damn! Never too late I guess.

timmy August 26, 2014, 19:32:42

Better to have love and lost, than to have never loved at all.

Lockn August 26, 2014, 21:23:10

If this was destined to happen anyway, I wish it would have happened before Lockn last year. Man, Pegi Young’s set was fricking awful.

dc August 26, 2014, 22:44:25

Someone cynical might suggest Neil will make some truly interesting new music now…

shinymetalass August 26, 2014, 23:53:02

Nice of jambands to make private affairs news, Leave him the fuck alone. Private is Private, but not in the days of the intermanet-downloading machine.WTF wake up world, this is news like TMZ is news, sorry for the invasion of privacy Mr. Young, carry on!

Shannon Forbes August 27, 2014, 04:08:37

I remember when Neil moved up North from Topanga and married Pegi. They’ve been through so much together over the years. I feel very sorry to hear this news and very sad for both of them.
I hope they can both find happiness again somewhere down the line.
S

MarZaPhiGar August 27, 2014, 04:13:19

Pfft. I knew it wouldn’t last.

The Big Divorce - Califoria Style August 27, 2014, 08:34:21

Who didn’t see this coming.? According to the boyfriiend of a co-worker who has worked as a mechanic at the ranch since ’88, this has been brewing since the nid 90’s. I mean how else do you explain Pegi & The Survivors? Pegi bullied her way onto the 2001 Crazy Horse tour (ALWAYS a Boys Club) and insisted Neil include his sister to delect attention / blame. Remember when Neil was apatment shopping on Telegraph Hill?? At any rate, best wishes to all, hopefully won’t effect long term prognosis of the Bridge, and now Neil can take CH for a ride w/o the skirts en tow.

Will August 27, 2014, 10:51:23

C’mon Relix I thought this was a music website/magazine and not a TMZ or E! for music. This shouldn’t be news…

It's my Pono August 27, 2014, 11:09:54

One does not create a revolutionary device like the Pono without seeing people try to steal from them. Neil has 300000 Pono units in a green house in San Mateo. Apparently Peg was close to determining said location of Ponos. Due to demand the secret service guards the Pono green house, but Peg sees this as her Facebook and Neil always said since day one, “No matter how in demand the Pono becomes, I will avoid Mark Zuckerbergs pitfalls.” This is simply an idiot savant businessman being three steps ahead of a trifling whore. Protect your house and protect your Ponos Neil. Keep on Rocking.

NO SURPRIZE THERE! August 27, 2014, 13:25:45

Neil is a cranky s.o.b. very moody!! I can’t imagine working or living with him.

Joshua Katt August 27, 2014, 16:28:34

shinymetalass has it right, these are private affairs and hardly newsworthy. That said, I’m sure it relates to Pegi’s embarrassment in being married to Neil after putting out that horrible, scratchy record of covers using Edward Sissorhand’s phone booth!