Published: 2013/01/17

A Special Phil Lesh & Friends Lineup for Mountain Jam

Phil Lesh has assembled a stellar group of friends for his first Mountain Jam performance since 2007. Warren Haynes, John Scofield, Joe Russo and Jeff Chimenti will join him for Phil Lesh & Friends’ two headlining sets at the festival, which will take place June 6-9 at Hunter Mountain, NY. A similar configuration—with John Medeski on keys instead of Chimenti—played a three-night stand at Terrapin Crossroads November 30-December 2. As previously reported, Haynes will also be playing two headlining sets at the event with Gov’t Mule, and fellow Phil Lesh Quintet member Jimmy Herring will also be there for Widespread Panic’s performance. Primus, The Avett Brothers, Dispatch, Gary Clark Jr., Soulive, Rubblebucket, Deer Tick, Jackie Greene, ALO and more will be playing at the festival as well. Tickets to Mountain Jam 2013 go on sale this Saturday, January 19 at 10am EST for $227.

Comments

Yossarian January 17, 2013, 14:57:50

I guess every lineup is special when it’s different for every show. Still looks good though- the Phil/Russo/Chimenti rhythm section is tight, stick Warren and Sco out front and it’s gotta be good.

PM January 17, 2013, 15:33:42

Different lineup SAME SONGS!, POOP! Jerrys rolling in his grave..wheres my MULE!

Jmo January 17, 2013, 16:46:26

Ohh yaaaa!

J January 17, 2013, 16:04:17

Yes…. phil is the same songs but Mule isnt… Stop speaking for Jerry… particularly when you are wrong…

Cosmic January 17, 2013, 16:33:34

Hey PM, if you’re not into awesome I can understand why you might not like the Grateful Dead songbook. Not everyone is into awesome.

Chucky cheese string January 17, 2013, 16:49:55

I need more cowbell baby!!!

matters January 17, 2013, 17:44:00

I’ll take Warren and Scofield as Phil’s guitarists any day. That previous MTNJAM show was excellent. They sure beat Herring, Ford, Barrare…..

mb January 17, 2013, 20:01:45

People say the dammedest things. Warren is no fool. He understands the power inherent in those songs. I hear he’s gonna play Dead with the Boston Pops this summer and I bet it’s going to be awesome. Arthur and Jerry will in the house!

makersandh2o January 18, 2013, 12:09:19

That is going to be freakin sweetness. I liked the Herring days best though.

Myfe January 21, 2013, 07:48:09

Dude, add Jackie Greene and that was the PLF return line-up in CO in Feb. 16-18th, 2012, which were the first PLF shows since ’08 or ’09 when he formed Furthur. I was front and center all 3 nights, and let me tell you from that experience that a real Dead-catalogue fan won’t be disappointed. They were amazing, each guitarist adds their own flavor to the songs, and Warren has a lot of emotion when he delivers lyrics, much like Jerry did. This is a really phantastic line-up. Good tunes and fun times will be heard and had by all in attendance…

Mickey January 27, 2013, 09:26:46

I think the line up is incredible and i sure hope Jackie or someone else joins in. We need another voice besides Phil and Warren.

Mickey January 27, 2013, 09:27:12

JM February 6, 2013, 14:01:28

There’s no way he won’t have Jackie and others join. It’s Mountain Jam! Phil is the person who inspired Jackie to even get so into the Dead, I can’t see him not doing a couple tunes at least. See ya on the mountain!

njmikeb February 13, 2013, 23:42:22

Mountain Jam 2013 – Initial Lineup
Phil Lesh & Friends (2 sets)
Widespread Panic (2 sets)
Gov’t Mule (2 sets)
Amy Helm
Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers
The Revivalists
David Wax Museum
SIMO

njmikeb February 13, 2013, 23:46:31

Lesh has assembled a special group of friends for this year’s Mountain Jam including Warren Haynes and John Scofield on guitar, Joe Russo (Furthur) on drums, and Jeff Chimenti (Furthur, The Dead, RatDog, Les Claypool) on keyboards.