Published: 2014/08/12

"I’m Doing Fine": Tim Flannery Shares Email from Bob Weir

Photo courtesy of Reuters

San Francisco Giants third base coach and occasional Bob Weir collaborator Tim Flannery has released an email he received from Weir regarding the guitarist’s condition and recent tour cancellation. JamBase has pointed out that the former professional baseball player posted the email on the Facebook page for his band, Tim Flannery and Lunatic Fringe. The post reads:

Bobby Weir tonight cancelled all of his shows with Ratdog for the next year, Rolling Stone came out with lots of rumored stories. I emailed The Chief tonight this was his response, for those that have asked.

“Thnx, I’m doing fine, just a bit too much work and especially travel. This year has been especially busy; I’ve put in more miles in the first six months than I normally do in a year. Taking some time off, which I haven’t done in 50 years…”

Cheers,
Weir”

As previously reported, Weir cancelled all of his remaining tour dates on Sunday and his management confirmed that he will be off the road “immediately and indefinitely.” No official statement on the reasons behind the cancellation has been released at this time, though his former manager John Scher did tell Rolling Stone that “Bobby’s been having health problems for a while.”

Comments

TCinNYC August 12, 2014, 11:30:21

Get better Ace!!

maine's eitan August 12, 2014, 11:50:29

Thank you for taking your rest! stay happy and healthy! its hard to say no i am sure but you gotta do what you gotta do

Doug August 12, 2014, 11:55:19

My inside scoop from friend’s of the family is that Bob’s email is not lying. He health isn’t great (he’s getting up there in age), the travel was taking its toll. he was told by doctors rest was very wise. End of story. The rumor mill should go to hell.

Dave August 12, 2014, 12:06:38

My time coming any day – don’t worry bout me NO!

Dave August 12, 2014, 12:18:43

My time coming any day – don’t worry bout me NO!

wading river head August 12, 2014, 13:06:30

Thanks for sharing this…..maybe shut down the rumor mill and those a-holes who like to slow down to see car wrecks, ya know, enjoying other people’s misery

Don't come back August 12, 2014, 13:09:09

Take your time Bobby. Take a few extra years.

Len B August 12, 2014, 13:49:37

Love you Bob but you should have thought about that before you planned all these dates. I was planning on going to Jamaica and already took the time off from work. I gave up TTB tix for Ct because I got 1st row center tix for Boston. Screwing me all up here Bob! don’t bite off more than you can chew!

Jerryhickman August 12, 2014, 14:14:56

Do what ya have to do Bobby get your much deserved rest get that 2015 dead tour in order !!! Just saying

gina August 12, 2014, 14:21:25

Some people are just plain old mean…like Bobby set out to purposefully ruin your plans…I hope be takes all the time he needs and comes back stronger than ever!!!

chris August 12, 2014, 14:45:11

Hey, LEN B. you should not have bitten off more than YOU can chew. You knew Bobby’s health wasn’t the best and this could have happened. You shouldn’t have given up your tix. Your own damn fault. I hope you miss all the shows.Bobbys’ been going 50 years strong and you have the nerve to complain cause he had to cancel? You are something else. You don’t even deserve tix or to even see Bobby! Damn you!

Joanie August 12, 2014, 14:51:29

Rest up Bobby, Love & Peace

Gregg? August 12, 2014, 14:55:21

You takin’ note?

Dick August 12, 2014, 14:59:32

I call him “Bobby”, ‘cause we are personal friends.

ron steen August 12, 2014, 15:07:07

hi bob, everyone deserves a vacation. enjoy it! cheers!

timmy August 12, 2014, 15:12:27

Poor Len B. How inconsiderate of a musical legend to spoil your schedule by falling ill. What was he thinking? We should all plan our unforseen health problems according to your lifestyle.

phishpig August 12, 2014, 15:33:37

Len B, do yourself and all of us a favor….. get off the internet and more importantly don’t ever go to a Bob or any GD Family show…. clearly you missed the boat. Get well Bob. You are in our thoughts.

Teddy Pasalaqua August 12, 2014, 15:43:30

Bobby not feeling well is that he’s in rehab again trying to get over the red wine and pill habit. Isn’t the first time, might be the last though. He used to be great, but has sucked for the last 7 + years. You could have been a legend Bobby, now you’re just a junkie in rehab.

MarZaPhiGar August 12, 2014, 16:02:58

Addiction is a medical illness. It serves no purpose whatsoever to get into the business of shaming and blaming. In fact, the guilt factor only exacerbates the problem. Stop being jugmental, stop making this circumstance all about ‘you’ and how ‘you’ are impacted by it. Instead, show love and support and work towards a solution. This is not just feel-goody platitudes. This is not just feel-good platitudes either. It is the only practical solution.

Ryan August 12, 2014, 16:20:12

I like how Dead fans get upset and throw tantrums about things in life changing (plans, etc).... or condemn others for their life choices… make mean spirited judgements on others. If I found anything through the Dead’s music it was to roll with life because it throws punches now and then… to not be so quick to judge… and to realize that everyone works through struggles in their own way each on their own path. The guy may be a celebrity but he is a real person, not a singing puppet. Chill.

Larry Brown August 12, 2014, 16:27:12

Get Well & Rest… You Deserve it.. Thanks for the many years of Music it has brought me very much happiness 😊

Will August 12, 2014, 17:53:30

Bobby , I hope you get the much needed rest that you need . You have been a constant in my life for thirty years . I appreciate your talent , dedication and efforts you put into the music we all love . I hope to see you out there again on the road soon ! We love ya bob

Joseph Pompador August 12, 2014, 18:08:53

Hey Bobby I’d like to give you all 9 inches when you’re up to it.

Unclepunkrock August 12, 2014, 18:50:28

Let the sun shine in your backdoor Bobby. It’s your “some day”! Rest.

Joseph Pompador August 12, 2014, 20:03:55

I’d like to let my sun shine in his backdoor right now!

AllenH August 12, 2014, 20:30:22

I had the pleasure of seeing Bob Weir and Ratdog on Cape Cod at The Melody Tent in Hyannis earlier this summer. Ace and everybody else absolutely kidked ass and that show is a fond memory for me! Now, let’s let him get the rest he needs and let his doctors determine the right course of care OK?

tom eastman August 12, 2014, 20:47:18

Teddy and Len B are dicks.Thanks Bobby for all of the grateful times.Tour again,if and when you are ready.

CaptainTruth August 12, 2014, 21:39:31

Anybody who hasn’t noticed a severe decline in Bobby and the pretty clear advent of more substances over the past few years is a total idiot. Some of you have shamefully plugged Ratdog shows or thought they were incredible, while the actual recordings show a struggling mess of Bob barely getting through songs and good musicians being unable to save the crap. At this point Bob is worth tens of millions of dollars and continues to reap millions a year. He just screwed over tons of musicians with far less money. Clearly he didn’t screw them over like he did Vince Welnick when he poured his junked out jerry curls in a hospital driveway. I’m not saying I wish a sharp Vince like conclusion, but what I am saying is that the overall scene got what it asked for. One does not book many dates with other acts and cancel them because he is tired. Afterall, some of you naively seem to think the road all of a sudden got to Bob. Was that what happened when he was rolling around on the stage in Port Chester like a baby with a set of keys? I actually have been around some smaller situations where he is working on some red wine but nothing to insane. The apocolyptical vision that seems to be rearing its head as of late is a rebirth of a little speed habit, possibly to straighten the ship to no avail. This guy needs to retire. I love the dead. I love Bobby, and it’s time boss. Hang up those dusty white strings just one more time and drink some wine. His performances the last few years, mainly the last 2, have reminded me of putting power drills in my ears and eyes simultaneously while masturbating.

Joseph Pompador August 12, 2014, 22:00:46

I’d like to put my white dusty string in his backdoor just one more time

walter August 12, 2014, 22:03:04

What an amateur.

Joseph Pompador August 12, 2014, 22:07:20

No tip for you. Just Bobby.

Will August 12, 2014, 22:10:22

Chris M. August 12, 2014, 22:17:01

Hi Bob, I only have two things to say first, THANK-YOU for that you have shared of yourself over the years (much enjoyed), and second and more important GOD Bless and get well soon. Thanks again, Signed, One lucky Fan (to have seen you many times) Please get the rest you need, your family needs you healthy!

Joseph Pompador August 12, 2014, 22:17:50

Thinking about your Dark Starfish, buddy

BC August 12, 2014, 22:28:25

People act as if this is some sort of health thing that sprung out of nowhere. The fact is that he’s been a wreck for a while now. Forgetting lyrics, false starting songs, playing out of key, falling down on shows, being completely lost on stage and now canceling shows into 2015. The fact is the guy does not take care of himself. Phil is older and learned to take care of himself (the hard way) but does not come close to pulling the stuff that Weir does. You would think that after all the hardship this guy has seen he would know better. People have a legitimate reason to be mad if their plans were messed up.

dc August 12, 2014, 22:35:08

Maybe if Garcia had been so brave and self-disicplined…?

Willl August 13, 2014, 00:05:23

All you judgmental critics need too bend over and pull your heads out of your asses and go away. He is just another human being living his life doing good things, bad things and everything in between…it’s called the human condition and we all have it. Bobby, my friend I’ve never met yet seen heard and loved so much…....get well soon and me and the rest of your extended family are send much much much love, positive feelings your way (more than enough to squash the insane sick negativity of a few unenlightened souls)
Throw on some cutoffs and kick back in the sun, you deserve it brother.

Lonny August 13, 2014, 00:23:22

Dear Brothers and Sisters, I ask for you all to pray for healing of our brother Bobby. He has been such a beautiful light in so many people’s lives for so many years, he deserves our collective Good Vibes. Please if you don’t have something good to say than say nothing at all. Please be Grateful Family. You know you would appreciate the same. God bless you Bobby!

Doris Laser August 13, 2014, 01:10:11

I was really looking forward to seeing Bobby and rat dog this month and so of course I’m very sad.But then as I reflected on all the years of being inspired musically, in terms of storytelling as well as rhythmic precision I remembered so many good times with such gratitude that I am still filled with joy.
My life has been changed and I have been inspired.All i have been able to do is pass it on but I have not delivered the hard work and consistency Weir has demonstrated.
May his time and rest bring fun and relaxation.

Jim Bush August 13, 2014, 04:56:36

Thanks for all the great music Bob!!..take good care of yourself…a longtime Deadhead…you guys will rock forever!!

Len C August 13, 2014, 08:38:54

Wow. A lot of venom from you Grateful losers about someone being upset their plans got fucked up. Bobby sucks. Sorry. You really want to hear him and Phil croaking into a mic? Get a life. Your just giving your money to a junkie. Feels familiar doesn’t it? Just like 20 some odd years ago right?

Consistent Bob August 13, 2014, 09:15:58

I can’t get over how some of you are saying Bob is consistent as a performer. He has a long tenure, but the last decade has been a disaster. Unless you have your ears in the sand and need a Ratdog show to be good to validate yourself, you may realize he has been barely getting his songs across. He is playing at 1/3 tempo in order to try and keep it together and then just bleeding Jerry’s tunes all over the crowd like a gunshot wound. It’s convenient that Bob can walk away and cancel as guys have to cancel tour dates. These same people are familiar with the human condition too. You use this silly and stupid characterization as if you have a 12 step book in your hand, but the truth is Bob canceled these dates because he is selfish period. He clearly had a problem when he fell on stage, because the band was ready for it and just kept playing. Nobody lets a guy in his mid 60s face plant without checking on him, unless he’s a disaster that has been asking for it. That was a year and a half ago? Bob has sat in with bands in and out of the scene and each and every time he is awful, generally shitting out a Jerry song that the band inviting him on stage is thrilled to play with a legend. Problem is Bob doesn’t care and never has. He really doesn’t care when he is partying and that has been constant for a couple years. Anybody ever think we should show him the treatment he showed Mark Karan, when a real human condition cancer infected him? I understand addiction and disease, but Bob simply kept it going to disgraceful levels then left fans and fellow musicians hanging while he can rest his head on 50 million in the bank. If Bob comes back, let’s start a petition that he can only play songs that he wrote. That will limit his destruction of the dead legacy to only his songs, which there are about 7 good ones. You may want to hear City Girls or Bombs Away instead of Scarlet Begonias or Bird Song. If you are a fan of Bob’s you would want that, but so many go to see Ratdog and lap up garbage because they have a severe void in their soul. I feel bad for you. Most reasonable people I know have been appalled by Bob’s misuse of such remarkable music for the last decade. He should never leave TRI again. Love you Bobby. Get well Soon Boy. PS the guys in the band are shameful. They know and have known, but they like Bob’s money. At least we are donating money at various times to get new speakers at TRI instead of cashing the checks from the Jam Scenes Rodney King.

Cleeet August 13, 2014, 11:32:12

Some of you all should be ashamed to call yourselves Deadheads. Much love and respect for Bobby. Do what you need to do to take care of yourself. Come back when you can, or if you can’t, thanks for everything. He doesn’t owe you shit.

Joseph Pompador August 13, 2014, 13:49:24

It’s Easy to Slip my dong into his Deep Elem One More Saturday Night and go Round and Round

Doug W August 13, 2014, 16:06:01

I saw RatDog in Portland ME earlier this year and it was a terrific show. Sure Bobby had a couple lyric lapses but it was a kick ass show. No 1/3rd tempo as alleged by somebody. I am no newbie. Saw the Dead extensively from 77 to 84 but stopped going when the scene changed to being dominated by the self absorbed fools who seem to be in this forum. I am a musician and have passed out on stage from dehydration. I was totally clean and sober. It happens. Trying traveling constantly for months and then playing a four hour show while trying keep all the other shit in your life in line. It ain’t easy. Cut the guy some slack – he needs to slow down for a while and to heal whatever problems he has.

Joseph Pompador August 13, 2014, 16:24:07

Dead man walking

Jim August 13, 2014, 16:52:09

I wish Jerry would have done what Weir is doing. We might still have him. However the pressure to keep everybody employed was too much. I’m glad he’s taking time off. Practice the guitar chops, collaborate with some musical pals, just hang and try to dip in that well of inspiration and come up with some new material.

Exhaustion August 13, 2014, 17:03:28

People still smoking that Ratdog in 2013 and 2014 has been terrific. Listen back to these shows as the band tries to play the songs. If Bob was tired, this would come on over time. He certainly wouldn’t book and then cancel a tour and screw over many people. Then again he shipped home Brent in a suitcase post tour and dropped Vince off on the street outside a hospital mid tour. He is pretty unpredictable on tour, and then add in getting totally fucked up again back in your 60s and we see what happens. I bet all these bands are pretty cool with Bob’s succumbing to the “human condition” all of a sudden, during a tour where he was so wasted he couldn’t play in Vegas? Bob needs to retire and focus on sober living to live. End of Story. Love you Bobby.

GCT August 13, 2014, 18:47:24

Bobby you are the man. Was very much looking forward to seeing you again at interlocken, but if you need the rest please take it and come back for a kick ass 50th anniversary for one of the greatest bands ever. Praying for you my man.

Quinn August 14, 2014, 01:21:54

If this email from Bob to the baseball guy is legit, then I think it’s really lame that he would “take time off” in lieu of fulfilling his commitment to play shows and festivals that were already booked. Rest afterward, Bobby. Or, if you’re really not “doing fine”, then let your fans know so that the speculation ends and we can recoup our investments in your planned performances.

mikey August 14, 2014, 06:05:26

tonight would of been my first b day show 8/14 was looking forward to it in a big way but i got no problem giving it up for bobby to get some rest so there will be more shows in our future get well bob see you next year 8/14 hopefully in my neck of the woods like Boston is

Don Reid August 14, 2014, 09:18:34

For the most part you people are pathetic. Weir doesn’t owe any of you shit. Whether it’s a substance abuse issue or too much traveling he has earned the right to take time off, cancel shows—whatever, without consulting any of you losers beforehand so it doesn’t screw up your plans. 90% of these posts are complaints about the quality of his music. I have a suggestion: Don’t go. It’s his right to tour just as much as it’s your right not to go. Stop complaining and get a check up from the neck up on yourselves. Bob Weir doesn’t owe you shit. I’m willing to bet that 99% of the assholes posting negative comments never saw a Grateful Dead show in your life, yet you post as if you have some close connection to Weir. Post something positive or keep your comments to your pathetic selves.

NOT ONE August 14, 2014, 09:21:26

Why have exactly ZERO

ZERO SUPPORT August 14, 2014, 09:27:13

Aside from the boot lickers, not one singe musician involved with Bobby or the shows he canceled has said one thing. I have seen no tweets or get well from Chris Robinson or anyone from Further so I’d say it’s safe to say that Bobby simply reverted back to the guy who pushed Vince out of a moving bus infront of a Hospital on Ratdog tour when he was having his issues. The bands and fest people should and are furious that he booked an extensive tour during a 2 year bender and couldn’t speed his way until the end of it. Let’s start seeing all the get well messages from the artists at Peach Fest, Lockn and Robinson Brotherhood who Bob left holding the bag? Where are they? I’m sure there is an outpouring? These are the people that know Bob and the “human condition’ on the road. It’s convenient that Bob is one of the richest men in the Festival Jam scene so his canceling does zero to his bank account. Being able to act without consequence is something only an elitist gets to enjoy. Bob afterall is a camp member of elitist camps in California akin to the Bildeberg conference and you all still lap up that new version of Music Never Stops like it’s not annoying as all get on.

RecordTeeb August 14, 2014, 10:35:01

Trying to make sense of the ‘news’ first heard on XM last Sunday I came to this forum. I believe my questions were answered ^^, mixed in with a lot of hooey. Sure I’m disappointed that the St Louis Labor Day weekend show was cancelled, but if Bobby needs a break, regardless of the reason – so be it. If/when I get to see him again – perhaps in a 50th reunion scenario (or not), I have always enjoyed the Dead and various offshoots since my first Dead show 10/19/73 so you can’t take away my memories and virtually unconditional positive regard for the collected works of the best band ever!!!

Domenic Spagnola August 14, 2014, 15:13:05

I’ve been seeing shows for thirty five years and when I look back and
See the bobby from 1980 and then look at the bobby of today its like holy shit this guys old. The last time I saw him was the solo acoustic tour. Although he pulled it of. (It was good) I didn’t think he was gonna,make it off the stage. God bless,u bobby. And maybe its time to take it down a notch. Luv ya,man

Tommy August 14, 2014, 20:45:18

I feel vindicated get off that bobby train in 2007
Any honest person can see and hear the truth…
I do wish him well And the same to all who care so much
Except Joseph Poopodor

rob August 14, 2014, 21:02:25

Dont forget all that further anounced that they were taking the year off than the ratdog tour appeared duh?

Furry Garcia August 14, 2014, 22:16:55

If a man among you got no sin upon his hands, let them cast a stone at me for straying from the band.
Straying straying from the band…

steve j August 14, 2014, 22:35:33

i was lucky enough to hang with bob in his hotel room after a show in philly in 1983.the first thing he did was offer me a beer.say what you want about him,i’ll always love the guy.get well bob.i still have the bottle in my closet.

Joshua Katt August 15, 2014, 11:57:54

Bob is great, still on his game, should do exactly what he wants to and Tim Flannery should shut his mouth and not violate a trusted friendship situation…

DukeRock August 15, 2014, 14:23:45

Some of you are pathetic. Bob has been on the bus for 50 years and brought nothing but happiness to people. So he teased you with letting you purchase your ticket to see his show, get over it. He’s also learned a few lessons over the years like how not to let the pressure of deadheads wanting to see him play over rule his personal life. This is why Jerry couldn’t stop touring and take a rest because of the responsibility he felt. Let the guy rest up and tie a re-tread to his shoe. He has a family that I’m sure want him around for a while and that’s a lot more important that you to him I’m sure. Get well Bob, rest up and bring it back to the ATL !

AIRPORTJERRY August 15, 2014, 20:48:05

So many do not realize the sacrafice of a musician. We all have career’s, and if successful, than some where sacrafices are made. I’m confident that it is easy to see an artist’s sacrafice is huge. They do it to see you and I react. In the stream of the Dead and B.Weir, you react with a dance and a smile. I am brother to profesional musicians. NO WAYTHE GOOD LIFE”. Thank you Bob, and by all means, call in to work as long as you need too. We have alot to recordings to keep smiling to, dancing to. We love you man.

steve k August 15, 2014, 21:31:46

im glad to hear bob is taking a doctor ordered rest. humans are not machines. breaks are much needed for new energy and creativity to flow. take care of the mind and body and all the rest falls into place. look forward to shows in the future. keep your chin up and follow directions bobby and you will be back to feeling normal. for all those posting negative comments, id suggest that you might want to go do some service work for free so you can get out of your own way. our whole counter culture is based on unconditional love and i as a 2nd generation deadhead still live by this code. invest in others well being and people will invest in you. peace steve

steve w August 16, 2014, 09:40:09

Get some rest Bob,get better and kick ass.Pay no mind to some of the Asshole posts.

cliffainley August 21, 2014, 11:42:55

Wow, Joseph Pompadour has successfully become the creepiest troll on the Internet. Congrats!

Slide August 21, 2014, 16:01:03

Bob Weir never could sing. What is everyone bitching about? He should stay home and take his Geritol. He sucks. Period. so STFU!

Slide August 21, 2014, 16:01:15

carpenterB August 24, 2014, 11:08:59

Hpw many times do our heros fall, and in retrospect we say if only they had got help, if only they rested, if only we knew, if only they hadn’t pushed themselves….let the man rest. Fuck, let him retire if he wants. He helped create an entire subculture damnit. Go get a fucking life and wait it out. If we burn Bobby out, then it’s over…..doesn’t matter why he needs rest..He NEEDS rest…... And btw…Bob’s voice is pure white boy soul, an iconic sound of our time. Listen to estimated prophet..it’s genius…

Insider August 26, 2014, 00:22:21

Bobby’s in rehab in Malibu… True story..

Insider August 26, 2014, 00:51:59

Bobby’s in rehab in Malibu… True story..

Trevor Marchant August 29, 2014, 22:11:55

Bob and rob 91 was my first show… He has layed down some awesome shows the last 17 years. He kept us all groovin after Jerry’s departure and truly has inspired the next generation. His guitar playing has matured and is most impressive when challenged. Truth be told, furthur as a band impressed me, touched me, inspired me more than most grateful dead shows I saw. Furthur was the first experience after jerry that I didn’t miss jerry and that is sayin some shit. Bob is a road dog and will return because it is who he is. Who cares why he is resting? Rise and fall!!! Can’t wait to see his next rise.

kyle August 29, 2014, 23:50:01

Bullshit. Don’t schedule a fall tour and back out because you’re tired. Peoples livelihood depends on this. Now all of these venues will sit idle on a night when they should’ve had sold out crowds. Let’s forget for a minute who Bob is and remember that he is selling a product, and that countless individuals will not have a paycheck this fall because he committed to something and selfishly reneged on that commitment. He had an obligation to deliver and his aloof attitude cost millions. I love the Grateful Dead and their legacy, but let’s call it what it is. Low class, Bob. Get well, Bob? Screw that. Get over yourself, take a nap, and don’t commit to something you decide at the last minute isn’t something you’re up to doing. Bullshit, under any other name, is still bullshit.

FLDeadhead August 30, 2014, 07:39:15

I had tix for St. Augustine. In my heart I felt this was my last chance to see a man that has been part of my life for 35 years. The Dead has shaped me . I pray for Bob . Vicious attacks to a man that has given so much of himself to make other happy confuses me. By going to see him we honor a legacy that has no equal in America. Get well Bob.

Eric Goodman August 30, 2014, 23:14:50

Slide: you are a douche!

FairyDust August 31, 2014, 04:58:33

Y’all pontificating haters are too much. I’m just gonna say one thing. Substance Abuse is out of the control of the abuser. Whatever windbag was saying that Bob shouldn’t have planned a tour because he knew he had issues w/substances…your kind are the reason why the general public continues to view substance abuse as a choice, a moral dereliction. People keep abusing substances until they get arrested, die or get help and it’s not because they WANT to, whatever your tiny mind is telling you. There isn’t a place to pencil in exactly when any of those things might happen. I’m sure Bob didn’t want to cancel the tour, I’m sure there was an ultimatum from friends and loved ones. Thank god they loved him enough to help him try and save his life. In actuality I feel sorry for anyone leaving a negative comment here. As far as I can tell, none of u know anything about the human condition, compassion or the universe as a whole. Guess what that means? Y’all are gonna get to come back and do it ALL again. Your souls aren’t very highly evolved & You are extremely I enlightened.I’m so sorry.

Miscbs September 4, 2014, 09:01:08

No matter what I’m feeling….. Up, down, anger, joy, sorrow, I know exactly what music to choose to righten me. This man has been in my life longer than my spouse, kids, my true constant. I have almost 4 years sober, and after the life I’ve lived, I know I can’t move like I did at my first show at the spectrum in 77. God bless you Bob, always and all ways, and all my fellow Deadheads. All the best!
A friend of August West
Knuckleheads need not reply

AmericanEventTickets.com September 4, 2014, 16:01:32

Get well and rest up Bobby. Hopefully you are planning the Dead’s 50th anniversary tour in your head. Been following the Dead since 1980. The Furthur Red Rocks Shows last September were great!

stevo September 4, 2014, 17:12:04

Get well, be well!

Marcia September 16, 2014, 12:48:43

I loved your concert in Louisville! Rest up and get better soon. I’ve followed you since 1970 and I’m so glad to have seen you again. I hope to see you in SF in December. Peace and love.

Larry Deadhead Smith October 13, 2014, 09:59:34

Rest , Rejuvenate and have a wonderful Birthday on the 16th of this month, my warm blessings go out to your loving family so support to you from our Deadhead Family to you and when you do wish to start a new tour I pray that
I can find 2 tickets one for me and my girlfriend she’s new to the scene but Loves your music and band(s) ect.,??? Maybe see you at Shoreline in Mountain View or Bill Graham Civic? I’m in Santa Rosa ,California The Best~Larry